• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which game or game franchise has the most annoying and extreme fanbois?

mcjmetroid

I'm gonna say pokemon fans for several reasons.
They're not just annoying and defensive but also dishonest and hypocritical.

They were so "outraged" by the changes made in their newest game but still bought it in record numbers.

I mean... fallout 76 did poorly, battlefront ii did poorly due to bad word of mouth but Sword and Shield for Pokemon? Record sales..

In general I take offense at them for constantly buying the same game over and over again which very little changes and constant terrible graphics since frankly gold/silver when they used to push the franchise graphically.

Pokemon fans should expect more from their games but they dont deserve more.

Never have I been more disappointed in a fanbase.

Sygma

From Software's output ? like how is this even a question. Its annoying as shit but they gathered the most casual fan base possible and somehow made said players think they're hardcore for defeating shit people have been dealing with since Ninja Gaiden of old

Last edited:

Secesh

The most annoying to me are fans of that uguu lolly shit. I can never tell if they are serious creepers or just trolling.

theclaw135

Banned
I think I'd have made this topic asking about persistently controversial members of fanbases.
Folks that never seem to let bygones be bygones.

I'm gonna say pokemon fans for several reasons.
They're not just annoying and defensive but also dishonest and hypocritical.

They were so "outraged" by the changes made in their newest game but still bought it in record numbers.

I mean... fallout 76 did poorly, battlefront ii did poorly due to bad word of mouth but Sword and Shield for Pokemon? Record sales..

In general I take offense at them for constantly buying the same game over and over again which very little changes and constant terrible graphics since frankly gold/silver when they used to push the franchise graphically.

To me, gold/silver are largely to blame for it. Keeping all the Pokemon in each game let the developers recycle content to an unprecedented level.

ultimate-face-palm-because-sometimes-even-a-double-facepalm-doesnt-21840551.png

Whatever. I'm done feeding you.

Anyways, surprised at no mention of Kingdom Hearts. Some of the fans get super defensive when someone says the series is super convoluted, when at the core it's also super schmaltzy to boot.

Saber

Gold Member

Most of them are such real life losers and mentally disturbed that they go in social media screaming "We don't deserve this game".

If anyone wants the proof of corporate slaves, well they are by far the most easy find. And I'm pretty sure they don't resent on saying shit like that on their daily bases.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Halo - If you've ever been to the Halo Waypoint forums they whine, cry, argue and bitch about every tiny little detail.

Personally I'm quite content with the work 343i has done on Halo and Halo 4 is my 2nd favorite Halo game, but I know there are fans here that aren't as happy with the direction 343i has taken with Halo. That's a valid difference of opinion. but crying about stuff as minute as the design/sound of a particular gun, or the color of the armor is slightly off or this super minor detail isn't canon. That shit is obsessive and annoying.

Top Bottom