• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which iPhone 5(S) Case Do You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DZIWFJS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Magpul cases have great grip, but won't catch on the linings of your pockets. I use one whenever I travel and I can't think of a negative aspect of their cases.

Just got this today. It's exactly what I needed. Great grip and protection while keeping the slim profile. And so cheap too ($12 on Amazon)

Ditching the Spigen Neo Hybrid. That case is nice but the lack of grip just feels awkward

Vyer

I got that one of the Luvvitt clearview cases in today. So far I like it, it's very minimal, hard back with a more 'rubbery' bumper around the phone. Definitely going to be a lot easier to see dust or scuffs on the case itself though. Only thing I don't like is you can sort of feel the 'seam' around the back where the hard back and the flexible bumper meet, but it's not that big a deal.

Packaging:

Jv0pxKJ.jpg

Case: (you can see some air bubbles on it that's because it actually comes packaged with a removable film on both the outside and the inside of the back)

vhecT52.jpg

Bumper isn't very intrusive and looks like it will still give you a cushion if it falls face down.

jV0Dg8S.jpg

BggabV0.jpg

o9bUVIq.jpg

wA806M6.jpg

k5wgFJZ.jpg

Going to keep it on for a week or two and see if I want to keep using it.

Cloudy

Banned
More praise for the Magpul Field case. I've dropped the phone several times inside and outside and haven't had a scratch. Never seen such a slim case give this kind of protection

Tom_Cody

The official leather case. I looked at dozens of cases and I wasn't able to find one that better combined all of the features I was looking for.

CrankyJay

Banned
I bought the Apple RED leather case...it's light and thin, but I can see that it's getting discolored already from being in my jeans and the oils on my hands.

I also take it to the gym so there must be grime etc from the bars and rubber plates I use rubbing off onto it.

I use an Incipio case, it's got a thin hard shell + a soft layer. Doesn't add too much volume to the phone, doesn't look hideous, so I don't mind. The 5 is so thin, I'm worried I'm going to snap it in half without a case.

I use the same one. It was cheap and does the job.

Cloudy

Banned
Bumping this after 5 months.

The Magpul case is the iphone case I've ever used. It gives almost all the protection of the bulky cases with a slim profile and great grip. The screen isn't shielded but the raised edges protect it quite well.

I've dropped the phone several times on all kinds of surfaces with no issues :)

gdt

I got that one of the Luvvitt clearview cases in today. So far I like it, it's very minimal, hard back with a more 'rubbery' bumper around the phone. Definitely going to be a lot easier to see dust or scuffs on the case itself though. Only thing I don't like is you can sort of feel the 'seam' around the back where the hard back and the flexible bumper meet, but it's not that big a deal.

Going to keep it on for a week or two and see if I want to keep using it.

Have this. Love it. Dunno how it'll do in a fall though...

Shun

I think cases are gross and I prefer to keep my old 4S and my current 5S naked. It looks much better that way.

Skins are alright too but the only company I trust with cases is Tunewear.

Their cases and bumpers are phenomenal and they include screen protectors and extra amenities with each purchase. I rarely use screen protectors because Gorilla Glass it's not like I'm going to resell my phone, I keep using my baby till it legit breaks.

I use their Rubberframe cases for my iPod touch and I have the Frame x Frame Shock Mount for my 5S.

This seriously beats Speck, Otterbox, or whatever company that's in the states cause those cases are ugly and bulky to be honest.

http://www.tunewear.com/en/iphone-5/293-frame-x-frame-shock-mount.html

You don't even need a case, these bumpers are seriously perfect and they keep the dual tone back nice and naked beautiful.

Seriously give them a try, I have the white/silver and it does the job and keeps things looking nice without adding bulk.

They also have stuff for other Smarthphones and devices too if you're interested.

frame-x-frame-for-iphone-5s-5-limited-model.jpg

Frame x Frame

tuneshell-rubberframe-for-iphone-5.jpg

tuneshell-rubberframe-for-iphone-5.jpg

Rubber Frame

Davey Cakes

I have no issue with "bulking up the phone."

Initially I used a "skin" type protector which did the trick for the first year of having the iPhone 5. However, a few months ago I saw an Otterbox Defender on Amazon for $16, snatched it up, and haven't looked back.

Had one for the iPhone 4 as well. These are $500-$700 devices and deserve to be fully protected.

Kibbles

I got the Rangke Fusion which I liked at first but it got some dents on the back somehow and I don't like how dust and stuff collects in the camera hole and then somehow gets into the rest of the back of the case. =\ Interested in that Luvvit but I fear it'll just be the same thing and if it'll stain with jeans.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I've had the same impactband for 2 years on my 4s. While it has saved me from accidental damage, I wouldn't really reccomend it. My phone isn't as pristine as I'd like.

It has made the edges look bad from rubbing around a lot. They inevitably get loose and 30$ or however much I spent for some rubber is absurd.

My screen was doing something weird a few months ago. When I touched the screen I could see spots on a black background. Probably from stress on the screen.

My Dad's Otterbox has protected his better, but I don't like the heavy face and screen protection.

I'll definitely get a case for the Iphone 6. Something form fitting.

Going caseless for the first time on my 5s and loving it.

FYI these have been completely unnecessary since the 4s (or 4?). Check out some videos on YouTube. iPhone screens are practically scratch-proof now. Watched a video where a guy lightly jabbed at the screen with knife multiple times and it still didn't scratch. Just keep it in a pocket separate from your keys and you're good.

You don't honestly believe that do you? All it takes is something with a hardness rating higher than gorilla glass and it scratches. I've seen rings on peoples fingers do it very, very easily.

Edit: oh, old thread. You're probably married with 2 kids by now. Nvm.

Dead

well not really...yet
No case

Recently got the Zagg Glass Invisible shield though. Fucking amazing, Best protective shield ever.

thenexus6

I use this for my iPhone 5

iphone5s_gen_300-03.jpg

I have had various cases over the years for my iPhone 4 and Nexus 4, they are good ultimately trashy mark easily and don't look that nice. Got this recently - I know its expensive but its worth it.. Amazing build quality, perfect fit and its gorgeous and the brown leather is starting to break in so its looking unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom