• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which of these 2020 games do you look forward to most?

Which of these 2020 games do you look forward to most?

• Elden Ring - souls on steriods?

Votes: 29 11.1%
  • Tales of Arise - tales on UE4 engine

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • FF7 remake - part 1

Votes: 49 18.7%
  • Cyberpunk 2077

Votes: 81 30.9%
  • Halo infinite

Votes: 19 7.3%
  • Last of us 2

Votes: 38 14.5%
  • Other

Votes: 26 9.9%
  • Doom Eternal

Votes: 12 4.6%

• Total voters

Tesseract

Banned
not a lot of pvp in those games

halo is big unknown right now

doom is probably gonna be good tho, so i guess that's my pick

SantaC

Hero Of Gallowmere said:
  1. Elden Ring - Fromsoft haven't let me down yet so i'm all in
I thought sekiro was pretty weak. Beat it and will never play it again.

Last edited:

SantaC

Actually for me it’s one favourite game FromSoftware made.
With no online component it doesnt have the same replay value as the souls games.

I also didnt like the battle system. But i voted Elden Ring.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
With no online component it doesnt have the same replay value as the souls games.

I also didnt like the battle system. But i voted Elden Ring.
Well for me I never used online features in any of Souls and Bloodborne. My biggest reason I’m in to these games is fighting interesting enemies and bosses, I have zero interest in PVP or co-op and I absolutely LOVED the combat in Sekiro.

brap

Banned
None actually. Yet another souls game? Come on now. Cyberpunk is the most interesting but it keeps getting worse every time CDPR opens their holes about it.

stranno

Many, but i certainly want to play Pirate Warriors 4. It has been 4 long years since Pirate Warriors 3 and they have accumulated at least half an hour more of content xD

Half Life VR (unknown title) is my most anticipated of 2020 since I'm guessing it won't stealth launch in the next 2 months. Afterwards, Cyberpunk, Last of Us 2, FF7 Remake,

Last edited:

SantaC

None actually. Yet another souls game? Come on now. Cyberpunk is the most interesting but it keeps getting worse every time CDPR opens their holes about it.
Could be said any other franchise as well. Yet another Mario game? Yet another CoD game?

Garnox

I voted Halo, because even though I’m genuinely excited for VII, I’ve already played that game so I know what I’m getting as far as an overall story.

Halo I’m intrigued to see if they can recapture what used to be my all time favorite franchise, but also it’s a new entry.

Cyberpunk will undoubtedly be great and it’s no surprise it’s #1. However I’ll continue my trend of exploring these great games at a later date (Witcher, KoToR, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, etc) I never played them when they first came out.

Halo I’ll be playing on day 1. Hope it is good.

Bigrx1

Banned
Cyberpunk then I'm not sure. I loved TLOU but I'm still having a hard time thinking of there being a part 2 I felt the first one was perfect as a one time only game without a sequel. Don't really care about many of the others.

destroyallhumans.jpg

Invader ZIM as the alien commander?

Havoc2049

I voted Halo. Halo Infinite, Phantasy Star Online 2 (NA release), Cyberpunk 2077, Tales of Arise and Doom Eternal will be the vast majority of my gaming next year. RPGs and FPSs are my favorite genres, so next year is looking great.

Last edited:

Senhua

From the top of my head:
AAA/AA
Elden Ring
NMH3
Atsumare Doubutsu no Mori
Seiken Densetsu 3 TRIALS of MANA
Inazuma Eleven Hero tachi no Great Road
Katanamichi Gaiden KATANAKAMI
ANONYMOUS;CODE
Cecile
Famicom Tantei Club Kieta Koukeisha
Famicom Tantei Club Part II Ushiro ni Tatsu Shoujo
One Piece Kaizoku Musou 4
RF5
Tokyo Ogre Gate
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[cl-r]

Others
Susanoh ~Nihon Shinwa
Piyorun Ikusei Nikki
void tRrLM(); //Void Terrarium
Hatsune Miku Project DIVA MEGA39’s
Panzer Dragoon:Remake
Tensui no Sakuna-Hime
Brigandine Lunasia Senki
Fugue on the Battlefield
Itsuwari no Kuro Shinju 2
Kowloon Youma Gakuen Ki ORIGIN OF ADVENTURE
Root Film
Senri no Kifu ~Gendai Shogi Mystery
N1RV Ann-A
Revenge of Justice
CODE B.R.E.A.K.

Yeah I love Japanese Indies

Last edited:

SweetShark

Oh God, plenty of games for sure.
DOOM Eternal is my first choice obviously, then FF7 and Cyberpunk 2077.
other games I hope to see released in are:
FIGHT KNIGHT
Blue Omen Operation
Knuckle Sandwich
Bushiden
Prodeus
Moonrider
Necrobarista
Coffee Talk
Subverse

Dark Star

The Last of Us 2
Cyberpunk 2077

TLOU2 will be an amazing follow up, I just know. My MOST hyped game at the moment.

Cyberpunk just looks really awesome. I love futuristic stuff like Detroit : Become Human, so I think it will be a nice game.

That being said, I don't "follow" the progress of games that much at all (trailers, photos, etc) I like the surprise.

Bryank75

Banned
TLOU2

Then FF7R

Then Elden Ring

(Ghost of Tsushima would be number 1 if it had been included)

So happy everything I want to play is on my ecosystem of choice. Makes it all straightforward.

Danjin44

Ghost of Tsushima

42824697992_f9613bf64e_o.gif
I'm definitely playing this with Japanese dub and even tho is more realistic Edo period Japan setting compare to Sekiro and Nioh I can still trust Sucker Punch wont go RDR2 route and give us actual fun gameplay. Their InFAMOUS series had very smooth control and tons of fun to play.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'm definitely playing this with Japanese dub and even tho is more realistic Edo period Japan setting compare to Sekiro and Nioh I can still trust Sucker Punch wont go RDR2 route and give us actual fun gameplay. Their InFAMOUS series had very smooth control and tons of fun to play.
I think they really hit a new level with inFamous SS. Some elements graphically almost looked better than FFXV, and it was a launch game almost. And like you said, it's always been gameplay first for them.

I personally think they're much, much better than Naughty Dog. I'm very excited and hope they can pull this off.

I'm also playing Japanese dub.

Last edited:

Danjin44

I think they really hit a new level with inFamous SS. Some elements graphically almost looked better than FFXV, and it was a launch game almost.

I personally think they're much, much better than Naughty Dog. I'm very excited and hope they can pull this off.

I'm also playing Japanese dub.
From gameplay perspective definitely!

Justin9mm

Was gonna select CP2077 but chose TLOUP2 as I'm really amped for it and releases beforehand.

Whoever voted Halo Infinite is the reason why Xbox has not given you better games, because you keep lapping up the same shit over and over! lol

FF7R - I've been waiting for this one since the PS2 era, I still can't believe its finally coming! Glad I waited though, it looks better than I ever imagined it on PS2/PS3.

Trials of Mana - I've always wanted to play this on snes but never had a chance to. This remake looks fantastic, and I'm glad I waited since it will be my first play through of the game.

Tales of Arise - Another fantastic looking RPG, I've always enjoyed the Tales games, and this seems like no exception and the aesthetics of it looks even better than the past games.

Cyberpunk 2077 - I get 'meh' feelings about this game, mainly because I dislike the FPS GTA5 feeling to it. I'm still going to get it though on sale for two reasons, I respect cd projekt red thanks to their Witcher series being amazing, and also because I love Cyberpunk.

Avengers - Another game I feel 'meh' about, but most likely still gonna get it on sale because welp it's 'Avengers'!

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Could be said any other franchise as well. Yet another Mario game? Yet another CoD game?
No it couldn't. Mario does 2D and 3D. They also don't come out almost every year. CoD is for middle school kids so nobody fucking cares.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Halo Infinite - by far the game I'm most interested in.
I will probably pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 and I'm also interested in Doom Eternal.

The others listed, I have less than zero interest in.

Top Bottom