• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Ps5 version do you have? Ps5 Disc Version or Ps5 Digital Edition?

Which Ps5 Version do you have?

• Ps5 Disc Version

Votes: 294 81.2%
  • Ps5 Digital Edition

Votes: 68 18.8%

• Total voters

Kings Field

I have a physical and a digital. I have the physical in my man cave and digital in the living room.

The reason for one of each is because when preorders opened up during the shit show I ran to GameStop as soon as wario64 posted that they were live. Store manager said they only had one digital left and others were allocated already despite it being literally ten minutes after preorders opened up. Later to find out he scalped all the disc versions and they only were getting three digital and two other employees preordered digitals.

Then, later that night around 11:42pm (I remember the time lol) Amazon preorders opened up so I preordered a physical. I was going to cancel the physical preorder but closer to release there was rumors about Gamestop not getting their digitals in until after launch so I kept it.

do you miss physical media? Are you 100% digital now, or do you want to go back at some point?
Not one bit on Playstation/PC. I'm almost 100% digital.... only physical games I own are 9 Switch titles. I've already sold off a lot of them and I'm planning on selling the remaining Switch games unless the next console doesn't have BC. If the next console has BC i'll buy digital copies of maybe 3 of the games I currently own.

I am never going back to physical games. Going forward all my purchases will be digital so I'll be 100% digital across PC, Playstation, and Nintendo.

When the PS5 "Slim" comes out I'll not be buying the disc drive.

Last edited:

odhiex

I went to the Digital PS5, cause it was easy to get and cheaper in 2021. However, I do prefer the digital model than the disc-based PS5.

I remembered that I had almost never bought PS4 games on discs again in the latter years of that generation. I don't have much space to keep them anyway in my house 😞. Digital is very convenient.

Last edited:

BlakeofT

Just got a physical one last week. Even though I buy 95%+ digital games, I don't want to miss out on a good disc deal and borrowing from others.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Honestly physical games sort of feel beneath me at this point. It’s a similar situation to the PSP GO so to speak even the box is cooler

PS5-Digital-Box-24-09-2020.jpg

Digital isn’t about the disks it’s about leaving behind loud noisy disk DRIVES.

poodaddy

I got the disc, but I would have been fine with digital, I just found the disc first. I'm all digital anyway, so I kinda wish I got that one.

oji-san

Banned
DE. I already bought only digital on PS4 so went with the PS5 DE, i'm satisfied.. looks cool. Was lucky to get one at launch.. they shipped here like couple of hundred at most i think.

Top Bottom