• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

While the world waits for Half-Life 3, which game are you still anxiously awaiting?

stranno

Pikmin 4 (no crappy side-scrolling puzzle thing, thank you).
Destroy All Humans! 5 (its probably on the way).
Mercenaries 3.
Criterion's Black 2.
Decent Warhammer 40K non-Space-Hulk FPS. 15 years since Fire Warrior are more than enough, i think.
Metal Slug 3D - 2.
Sonic Lost World 2.
de Blob 3.
Tons of them..

Raph64

Pikmin 4 (no crappy side-scrolling puzzle thing, thank you).

tumblr_mv1zauH79G1s6lu3wo1_400.gif

NahaNago

Their is quite a few games I'm still waiting for but unfortunately I feel like most of them would get seriously changed/messed up if remade or the series continued. The only one I could see being a safe bet would be a remake of mega man legends. That mega man legends 3 looked a bit weird to me. The atmosphere surrounding the game industry and the companies not doing the remakes I wanted justice is what has me hesistant about wanting ff9, rhapsody, or even Onimusha to be remade.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Splinter Cell 7 (or whatever number it's on now)
Phantom Dust 2 (or the reboot)
The next Final Fantasy MMO (not announced)
bloodborne 2 (also not announced)

Ellery

Deep Down
Project Awakening
Demon's Souls remastered
Parasite Eve / Dino Crisis (any remake/new installment)
Resident Evil 3 Remake
Final Fantasy VIII on PS4/5 (yes the normal Final Fantasy 8. No remake. no remastered. Just Final Fantasy VIII)

I'd like to see either the return of Silent Hill or an all new game from the same creative team of Silent Hill 1-3.

Like I really, really fucking badly want the return of Silent Hill and Team Silent.

Silent Hill is a ripe IP just waiting to get bought by someone like Sony and utilized instead of left to rot.

As crazy as I may be, I was just thinking that Konami should sell the rights, and while that will likely never happen, it could signal either greatness, or basically just more of what we had from 2006 to 2012. But either way, at least it would be 'alive' again. Right now, it's not doing a damn thing anyway. It pisses me off that a great series is just... doing bugger all.

They at Konmai didn't make the last 6 or so games. The company merely published these titles like Homecoming and Downpour, meaning the development was "outsourced" to other companies, and to mixed success. This is why I think some other companies would be able to do a fine job, unlike Konami. Just think what Bethesda could do with it.

But all of this may as well be wishful thinking, because Konami love holding their fans to ransom.

V

Vader1

Unconfirmed Member
Actually just said this in another thread, but Pac Man World 4. A new Retro Studios DK game would be a very close second. Jak 4, the new 3D Zelda game, a new Crash game, and Mario Kart 9 are some other big ones.

Drake

Cyberpunk
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones (An unknown RPG on Steam that really nails the Lovecraft aesthetic. I also love the art style. There is a demo available. I really enjoyed what I played)
Shin Megami Tensi 5 (I have a feeling this one is a LONG way off)

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I've played more HL mods than likely anyone in this thread or even site and I'm not waiting for HL3. Its dead, jim.

Xen Source is coming out this year which will be sick.

Kadayi

Banned
Are people really still waiting for HL3? It's not going to happen. Even if it does it would never live up to the hype.

What hype? Given HL2:EP3 has been AWOL for over 10 years at this point in time (there never was a HL3, that's just something 'game journalism' concocted on a slow news day) there's no mainstream interest in it any more. it only exists as a perpetual question mark on Valves ability to commit and see things through. I think most people long ago gave up any hope of it happening because ultimately Valve as developers cant seem to get their shit together most of the time. Meanwhile, in between Episode 2 and their ongoing ineptitude, other studios have shipped entire franchises to great success (CDP with The Witcher series for instance).

Also, I'm fascinated by this conceit that always does the rounds that it's somehow a good thing that it's not been made because it could never deliver on certain peoples unrealistic expectations as if somehow that is the end goal of game development, versus delivering the developers vision. If we apply the same rationale to Film, should the Russo's Brothers just pull Endgame because there's no way it's going to deliver on the promise of Infinity War because a few Edge loads out there are invariably going to be unhappy about certain aspects about it? Second, to that, we're talking EP3 here, not the conclusion to ASOIAF. If the EP3 Outline posted up by Mark Laidlaw is anything to go by, pretty straight forward plotting. Why it never came to be, is up for speculation, but there is a theory that Timeshift came along and ate their lunch from the gameplay perspective whilst they were fucking around.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Bloodborne 2 or Dark Souls 4. I hope one of them is one of the unannounced games From is working on now. Would love a reveal at Microsofts E3-conference (for DS, that is, since Sony is responsible for BB).

Vlaphor

Steambot Chronicles 2. It was in development around the same time as disaster report 4,then both were canceled. We got disaster report 4, where's SC2?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Age Of Empire IV because after Dawn of War 3 I don't know if Relic can make a good RTS.
TheseGratefulFlyingfox-size_restricted.gif

A new Burnout but this one is a dream.

Splinter Cell, I think it could be announced soon but it should be similar to Pandora Tomorrow/Chaos Theory
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Psajdak

Banned
I'm so glad I never given Half-Life games chance, or any other Valve title for that matter.

For years I have been reading how countless fans were asking for Half-Life 3, that they really should have just fucking made it.

I mean, it's not my problem, really, but all they had to do was make a good game.

ZoneToo

Neo Member
New Tony Hawk or Skate game, new Fight Night and a new Splinter Cell (less action style more old style).

One that's never gonna happen that i want is Mark Ecko's Getting Up 2.

Marathon 4, Escape Velocity 4, Rune 2, MDK 3, Half-Life 3, Unreal Tournament 3 4 2020, Rune 2, Future Cop LAPD 2, World of Starcraft, Quake V ...

CRAIG667

Bioshock 3 (a proper Bioshock set in Rapture)
Portal 3
Defense Grid 3
Hellsblade 2
Dead Space 4
Street Fighter 6 (please be better than V)
Superhot 2
Titanfall 3

And a bunch of already announced games, Halo, Gears, Borderlands, The Last of us...

Belmonte

God Hand 2 - If the world was a fair place we would be at God Hand 5 at this moment. But since the world is bad and humankind is flawed, God Hand didn't sell enough and I need to pray to the gaming gods for forgiveness every night to ask for a sequel.

Contra Hard Corps 2 - Legacy of War and C: The Contra Adventure doesn't count and Hard Corps Rising is too diferent in almost every way. Blazing Chrome, which will launch this year, has an awesome Hard Corps influence and probably will be the closer we will get!

Bulletstorm 2 - Most underrated FPS I ever played. There isn't anything like Bulletstorm unfortunatelly. Its score mechanic has so much potential.

Kadayi

Banned
I'm so glad I never given Half-Life games chance, or any other Valve title for that matter.

For years I have been reading how countless fans were asking for Half-Life 3, that they really should have just fucking made it.

I mean, it's not my problem, really, but all they had to do was make a good game.

In their defence, I'd say it's well worth playing Portal & Portal 2. Albeit tangentially related to the HL universe it's not essential to have played any of the HL games in order to enjoy those, and the gameplay is pretty innovative even now.

Last edited:

Psajdak

Banned
In their defence, I'd say it's well worth playing Portal & Portal 2. Albeit tangentially related to the HL universe it's not essential to have played any of the HL games in order to enjoy those, and the gameplay is pretty innovative even now.
It's not about quality of their games; but about for once giving fans who support you what they want.

If so many people were for so long so loud about wanting that Half-Life 3, than just make it, and not something else.

Top Bottom