• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What to play while waiting for Starfield

Mr Hyde

I bet you that if there is a version of this on Gameboy Advance that it's one of the hardest games ever made.

There is a GBA version!?

Licking Jackie Chan GIF

I'm staying away from big RPG like games as I'm going to be playing Starfield for a long time so I'm playing shorter or action games to pass the time. Got TLOU2 3rd playthrough going, Forza Horizon 5, Amnesia Bunker and going back into SoT for the Monkey Island expansion.

Codes 208

I mean it looks like no mans sky with extra steps

So play that i guess
I am being partly facetious but i honestly meant that in a good way, game looks great

Last edited:

Fredrik

I’ll just keep on playing Zelda TOTK like I’ve done since the day it launched.

Maybe I’ll play some SF6 as well, possibly FF7 Remake too since I want to be ready for Rebirth.

oji-san

Banned
Look there's nothing as good as Starfield looks, better play with yourself then looking for games like SF.

GHG

Drizzlehell Drizzlehell if you don't care about "maximum graphics" and want a deep space exploration game to sink your teeth into then Starsector:

This game isn't talked about nearly enough, but that's a symptom of the devs refusal to put it on steam for now.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Drizzlehell Drizzlehell if you don't care about "maximum graphics" and want a deep space exploration game to sink your teeth into then Starsector:

This game isn't talked about nearly enough, but that's a symptom of the devs refusal to put it on steam for now.

Theres tons of competition for this kind of game (X series, Avorion, Endless Space, Endless Sky, etc.) so i think its natural it'd get buried in conversations.

Last edited:

GHG

Theres tons of competition for this kind of game (X series, Avorion, Endless Space, Endless Sky, etc.) so i think its natural it'd get buried in conversations.

Star sector isn't a 4X game. Most of the games you listed are 4X.

While it dabbles in some elements that are common across the games you listed, this is it's own thing.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
For fear of my backlog becoming even larger after this game comes out. I'm opting to finish Jedi Survivor, my 2nd playthrough of Cyberpunk and 2nd playthrough of The Witcher 3.

After that I'm like to get my Necro to 100 in Diablo, maybe finish more of Halo's campaign.

Guilty_AI

Star sector isn't a 4X game. Most of the games you listed are 4X.

While it dabbles in some elements that are common across the games you listed, this is it's own thing.
Theres usually a lot of variations, strenghts and weaknesses among these sorts of games. I mean, i could also say Avorion isn't really like X games either, or i could point to titles like Stellaris or Stellar Tactics which also have different approaches to the kind of "Space simulation" they want to be.

Honestly, its quite a rabbit hole, and each of these titles are something you can put endless amount of hours on. So it deserves some more research if one really wants to get into it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom