• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White and black mage, moogle outfits coming to FF13-2 in May

The Black Mage outfit looks like a demented snuggie, but I think the White Mage outfit is really nice. Probably Serah's best outfit in the entire game.

The moogle skins are pretty cool too.

Pooya

and rest, pics of Lightning episode is there too

ibfQkMRK0fmnhf.jpg

ib0DeVo1ZYrrJC.png

ib29y3tUvea2vi.png

iiWwiYMIDblQn.png

izJbvJvC165KN.png

ilpwRO0PWtcrX.png

irzXKZKltGmVq.png

i4iPnwnWwA9d7.png

ibzIp0D0iv8dHa.png

i8fNamghClMnx.png

i1hN2ZtvXG8VP.png

ieu2gVxIweeLq.png

ij62q5PgQHphH.jpg

iblOm7WSWzgt5v.jpg

irn9ubHD6lcUp.jpg

ijnjph1zV67GK.jpg

iirui5BjpTiQv.jpg

iUti0sd9vBOOO.jpg

ibz6A6w9pTJ9uS.jpg

ibbuC21UoEt2xn.jpg

image62cexhg.png

image65iyzvl.png

noelkvz38.jpg

serah77zfh.jpg

Mengetsu

serah77zfh.jpg

Jeez it's like they made serah's outfit so bad intentionally just to make us pay for this. This is the best costume she's had since her original in XIII and even looks like a actual JRPG costume that's thought out very well.

burgerdog

Jeez it's like they made serah's outfit so bad intentionally just to make us pay for this. This is the best costume she's had since her original in XIII and even looks like a actual JRPG costume that's thought out very well.

Her best outfit shows no skin, took a while.

Why can't they give Noel one decent outfit without those horrible diaper-pants, it looks so stupid. Serah's costumes are nice, but Noel always looks like a circus clown.

Mog looks cool, though I'd rather have a DLC that changes its voice, that might actually get me to finish the game.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest

ibfQkMRK0fmnhf.jpg

Is this in the Void Beyond? The lighting sure seems different from the one in Valhalla. Btw, I hope this Episode doesn't turn out to be just a battle in that place with cutscenes.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was. @_@

Yeah, considering the previous DLCs I think it'll be wise to not expect much more from this. Such a waste in case it turns out to be like that though.

Tizoc

Is this in the Void Beyond? The lighting sure seems different from the one in Valhalla. Btw, I hope this Episode doesn't turn out to be just a battle in that place with cutscenes.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was. @_@

Pooya

the official site says it takes place in "Requiem of the Goddess -XXX AF"

another pic, looks like it's just some 1v1 battles.

003.jpg

suzu

Serah's white mage armor looks cute and sleek.

Noel's black mage armor looks stupid and bulky (all his dlc costumes are also meh). His default is still the best.

Mog's costumes look adorable, but some are really distracting.. haha.

Goli

I wonder what the deal is with the new blast-wizard and attack-paladin paradigms, and why they're turning blaster and attacker to blast and attack for the naming, too. Going by that there'll probably be a jam-something, ohoho.

Perfo

the official site says it takes place in "Requiem of the Goddess -XXX AF"

Then it's probably one of the two, Void or Valhalla itself. I hoped to play in the "gray" Valhalla of the prologue and the ending... guess I'll never see the chance.

She also got new jobs, PLD and WIZ. More fan-service (that is always good to have) and perhaps an hint at XIII-3's jobs?

Tizoc

I know this is going off topic but if there is gonna be an FF13-3, the combat needs some revamping. I personally find that the system would work better if it resembled Last Remenant's combat system, or that you have a set of units battling against another set, one group has a set paradigm and another it's own set of paradigms which you can change to help win the battle. You switch control or observing a unit to advance through the game or battle.

Oh so by combat being different they meant NOT an interactive movie.

Also wow at Serah's actually well designed costume, if only they treated her with respect from the get go.

RPGCrazied

No. Not buying. Wow. I can't believe I only bought one thing so far, I guess it does pay to beat it super early. I do want that real ending though, wherever the fuck that is.

Perfo

I know this is going off topic but if there is gonna be an FF13-3, the combat needs some revamping.

I actually expect an action battle system with Light controlled by the player and two party members by AI :p

Yeah I know, I like to dream!

So...PLD is Paladin (white mage) I'm guessing? And WIZ is Wizard (black mage)? Could just be they've combined all the magic classes into two slightly more evolved roles. WIZ might combine the best parts of SAB and RAV, with PLD having the best aspects of SYN and MED. Just guessing here, though.

(edit) means there's probably a third role that combines COM and SEN

Kunohara

Across 3 regions for a final fantasy? What do you think? There's like 10 people holding out for a complete edition. Who knows, though, SE isn't very smart so they might just release it.

Make that 11. I loved 13, but I figured I wait out all the DLC for this and just buy the version that comes with all that. Considering 12 had an international edition, I'm sure this will too.

If it doesn't come out, then I guess I won't be buying any of the DLC.

Lain

White Mage costume is awesome, not too much of a fan of the Black Mage one. Mog's costumes... some are nice some are awful.
Lightning <3, can't wait for her DLC.

ZenaxPure

So Lightning combat will use the traditional system (mostly? Like others pointed out something is up with the classes). I am intrigued already since I 95% expected a QTE-fest.

I think they did a really good job with the mage outfits, Noel's in particular. If they would have had robes the melee attack animations would probably look very weird/lame. Also really enjoy how they absolutely nailed the black mage pants, they are so perfect it's pretty amazing.

I know this is going off topic but if there is gonna be an FF13-3, the combat needs some revamping. I personally find that the system would work better if it resembled Last Remenant's combat system, or that you have a set of units battling against another set, one group has a set paradigm and another it's own set of paradigms which you can change to help win the battle. You switch control or observing a unit to advance through the game or battle.

This sounds like an entirely different game to be honest, not a bad one, but different from what the FF13 games go for. I think the only realistic combat change I'd like to see is normal encounters having less enemies (1-2) and those enemies having much more HP than enemies in 13-2. I enjoyed the 5 to 10 second normal battles in 13-2 but I wish they'd been that short while making use of the stagger mechanic instead of just trashing enemies with AOE spam. It would actually be very similar to the original 13 that way.

I haven't keep up with FFXIII-2 dlc at all and I still haven't beat the game. do you access the dlc after beating the game? or you can access it in the middle of your playthrough, and is it recommended to beat the game frist to play this dlc?

.JayZii

Banned
If the White Mage outfit were indicative of the aesthetic for a future FF (FFXV) that would be great. It's just well designed, mostly because it looks like they aren't trying so hard to over-design.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Across 3 regions for a final fantasy? What do you think? There's like 10 people holding out for a complete edition. Who knows, though, SE isn't very smart so they might just release it.

I don't follow final fantasy, is this drop sales and popularity just for FF13 and it's sequel or it's something with the entire FF brand( since iirc FF14 also bombed and SE were milked FF in the past few years way to much with tons of remakes/rereleses and spin offs )

Toth

People like to complain about it but SE did at least put considerable effort into the DLC for 13-2. Costumes sell like hotcakes especially in Japan so SE is smart to tap into this.

If you don't like it, remember that SE is a business trying to make money.

edgefusion

People like to complain about it but SE did at least put considerable effort into the DLC for 13-2. Costumes sell like hotcakes especially in Japan so SE is smart to tap into this.

If you don't like it, remember that SE is a business trying to make money.

Come on man, come on. Making some outfits for characters is not "considerable effort". It's a cynical attempt to produce the cheapest content to sell at the highest prices, knowing their fan base will go crazy over playing dress up. The Lost and The Damned for GTAIV was considerable effort. Shivering Isles for Oblivion was considerable effort. £1.59 for a single outfit is barely even approaching "effort" let alone a considerable amount.

S-E being a business trying to make money is a poor argument and comes off sounding like "If you don't like it then ner ner ner!". There are better ways to make money than rape your fan base by spunking out overpriced DLC.

Seeing as how many games struggle to do even that, no I don't see that as nothing. Just poor for a console FF game.

Top Bottom