• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Knight Story (PS3) new? screens

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
nib95 said:
Didn't Level 5 do Jeanne D'Ark (PSP) as well? One of my fave games on the PSP. Amazing visuals, art, story, gameplay, enemies, characters etc. One of the more accessible and enjoyable Tactical RPG's on the system.

I still wish I had a PSP to play that game, oh well.

zoukka

Speevy said:
Dark Cloud 2 is amazing.

Dandy. But it missed some key elements like story and variety, but then again the genre gets away with so much these days that I don't honestly care anymore.

Anyway, are people here concerned at all about the quality of the story in WKC? Rogue Galaxy was pretty cool, but the quality of the story was terrible - even by jRPG standards. I couldn't believe it went from being a cool space-opera to collecting the powers buried deep within your teammates hearts to beat the ultimate evil. Level 5 needs a better writer.

I haven't played Jeanne D'arc

dionysus

Yaldog
BlockBastard said:
Anyway, are people here concerned at all about the quality of the story in WKC? Rogue Galaxy was pretty cool, but the quality of the story was terrible - even by jRPG standards. I couldn't believe it went from being a cool space-opera to collecting the powers buried deep within your teammates hearts to beat the ultimate evil. Level 5 needs a better writer.

I haven't played Jeanne D'arc

Jeanne D'Arc has an even worse story. Really it's epically bad and not in a good or funny way. And I am not even talking about historical accuracy.

zoukka said:
Concerned? I stopped caring after FFXII.

You have bad taste in games and you should feel bad. :p

Also, Rogue Galaxy was right down there with Grandia III when it came to shitty stories in jRPG's.

Level 5. :<

zoukka

BlockBastard said:
You have bad taste in games and you should feel bad. :p

Also, Rogue Galaxy was right down there with Grandia III when it came to shitty stories in jRPG's.

Level 5. :<

Add FFXII to your list... stop pretending! :b

But seriously I think the majority of the consumers don't give a shit if the story is good or bad. As long as there are the superteens and some evil force to fight, they're happy. And as sad as it is, the genre is for the younger gamers.

If the gameplay is great I often just wish the story would be as minimal as possible. It's surely not going to be good anyway so let's get it over with fast.

JRPG:s I think have an interesting story; (can't remember them all right now)

Disgaea 1 (the second one sucked balls)
FFT (nothing spectacular but interesting and FAST)
FFVI-IX (nothing touches these pretty things)
Vagrant Story (minimal and greatly presented)
Chrono Cross (can't remember shit about it, but I did enjoy it)
Chrono Trigger (same as in FFT)

The list of JRPG:s I've finished or nearly finished, that I didn't find good in the story department is gargantuan so I don't even bother.

Shito

dionysus said:
Jeanne D'Arc has an even worse story. Really it's epically bad and not in a good or funny way. And I am not even talking about historical accuracy.
I, for one, really liked Jeanne d'Arc's story.
Yeah, it's not historicaly accurate, but it's not like anyone was waiting for it to be. I mean, we already had seen the "english as pigs" thing since the first trailer, I don't see how anyone could wait for something accurate after that. But still, they did a really nice job at wrapping up the real story into their fantasy one, and the way they treated Gilles de Rais and its supposed
"evilness"
in the real life is really cool and nicely done.

xenix

Damn, I have only one thing to say...

242tyzr.gif

Top Bottom