• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who’s picking up Ghost Of Tsushima?

After seeing how bland paper mario is I canceled that and ordered this off amazon.. My eta is "
Arriving:
Wednesday, August 5 -
Wednesday, September 2
"

Well okay then amazon. I hope yours isn't THIS Bad.
I'm getting it 5 days after the 17th so it isn't that bad but it's really frustrating when they can ship it earlier but choose not to because it's not an essential package..ugh

alstrike

I bought it yesterday, is the pre-load already live? I remember TLOU2 downloaded automatically a week before release.

Eiknarf

I'm getting it 5 days after the 17th so it isn't that bad but it's really frustrating when they can ship it earlier but choose not to because it's not an essential package..ugh

I’ll be getting mine one to two days before release... like The Last of Us 2.
I’ll have this Wednesday or Thursday.

The trick is ya have to buy physical media from MOM AND POP stores, NOT the big box stores.
All retailers receive the product a day or two before street date. But they’re not allowed to put it out on shelves. Even if they accidentally did put it out in the shelf, when you went to buy it at the register, the cashier would see a red flag and would not be able to sell it to you.
Mom and Pop stores can.
It’s their one advantage of being permitted to compete with the huge franchises out there

CyberChulo

Looks pretty amazing. Haven’t pre ordered but I have been watching this game closely. Gonna buy it day one so long as the reviews are decent.

I'm with you bro. After the TLOU Part 2 review fiasco, I'm only trusting youtuber video reviews of people I trust before making any future purchasing decision again. Since I'm all digital, I don't have to worry about copies being sold out.

I love the setting, but I despise open world games... So no, the Last one that got me was horizon zero dawn, looks great, plays well, etc. But I felt like I was given an assignment when the world opened and it had all thise quest markers on it.

alstrike

Patch should be in the digital download already (y)
wtf is bonus content? Soundtrack and digital artbooks etc?

You're right, the game is on version 1.03 already.

The mini-soundtrack is like 450MB but downloaded separately. There's a director commentary and an artbook as well but I don't know how that could be 22GB...

I’ll be getting mine one to two days before release... like The Last of Us 2.
I’ll have this Wednesday or Thursday.

The trick is ya have to buy physical media from MOM AND POP stores, NOT the big box stores.
All retailers receive the product a day or two before street date. But they’re not allowed to put it out on shelves. Even if they accidentally did put it out in the shelf, when you went to buy it at the register, the cashier would see a red flag and would not be able to sell it to you.
Mom and Pop stores can.
It’s their one advantage of being permitted to compete with the huge franchises out there
Well unfortunately for me, no mom and pop stores near me besides 1 and i highly doubt that they'll have the collector's edition available this late. Only amazon had it as far as i could tell..and they shipping late despite having a release date delivery guarantee..

Eiknarf

Well unfortunately for me, no mom and pop stores near me besides 1 and i highly doubt that they'll have the collector's edition available this late. Only amazon had it as far as i could tell..and they shipping late despite having a release date delivery guarantee..
Ahhhh yeah not everyone has a local video game store

I lucked out in that three minutes from me is this really successful family owned video game store. They buy and sell Atari, Nintendo, Activision, Turbo Graphix...etc consoles and games. Plus all the new shit. They got so successful that they bought the unit next door, broke down the wall and expanded (there’s apparently huge Dungeons and Dragons type gatherings in there every week).
They always sell the new releases the day they receive em from the supplier, which is always a day or two before street date

I won't play any end of generation games on my launch PS4.
I'll wait until the PS5 is released ( if I decide to go PS5 next gen) so this will need to wait for 6 months

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
This game as a new IP and something pretty different from a dev I love is both high on my hype list and a "wait for reviews" game.

Arkam

Pulled the trigger and Pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe copy. I wish buying a game ahead of reviews would earn you early access by a day. Friday is just too far away.

Digital Delux Edition Preordered since the State of Play stream. What I saw was enough and I trust Sucker Punch. Almost all the previews also praising the game, either being a good story main quests with immersive and satisfying side quests, or having really good and thoughtful swordplay mechanics... etc. is more than enough since they are also coming from the people or content creators I know and follow, not some nameless YouTubers.

Preloaded and I wonder if that 22GB content will be added on to the game in the end? It is too big for just directors commentary and digital art book.

Ec1D244WsAIvots

THEAP99

Banned
I've buy Sony AAA day one quite usually. Days Gone i regretted it.

I've been interested in this game since e3 2018 but no lie, all this recent footage after that kinda hurts my hype.

I will probably regret it with this as well but it's summertime and not much else to do. I like experiencing games at the same time as the rest of the community and being a part of the release event.

If this was a Ubisoft game i'd wait for a sale.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Preload is live yeah. Just put it on before.

It's my final PS4 game and download is finished.

wpid-wp-1448186974378.gif

Pardon my ignorance, because I’ve never pre-bought a game digitally.

If someone already pre-paid to buy it last week via digital download, are they able to cancel tomorrow it if they don’t want it?

Like, if the reviews come out and it’s TERRIBLE, can you back out?

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I was gonna get it day one and honestly i still think my impulses will get the better of me, but I will wait for reviews from people who are not being called by Sony when they give negative feedback. I saw some gameplay on twitter the other day that made me question the combat. Ghost was getting juggled in the air like Devil May Cry. Seems like a really weird design decision and I fear the 2018 E3 trailer could be...somewhat misleading. I'll look for more videos.

I'm a huge Suckerpunch fan and a huge samurai fan so this game for me is a must.

Cant believe it's taken this long for the samurai genre to get some love again, it's been a while. Maybe a whole gen?

RAIDEN1

According to one review it seems the enemies at first are very tough to dispose of, then in the middle of the game it gets very exciting, then towards the end you can defeat them as if you are the next Ryu Hayabusa and amidst all that the pace of the game is very slow....this would be a PSN + look for me rather than an outright buy..

Last edited:

BigBooper

Not sure yet. It hasn't sold me yet because it seems pretty barren, and I've played enough barren open world games.

Top Bottom