• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who are some 2000's pop stars no one talks about anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

99Luffy

Banned
Why are people saying ciara. Her last hit was in 2015 and shes talked about now more than every cause of fhe whole Future/russell wilson thing.

He was still going strong until his last album. It was pretty much a straight pop album with very little guitars and lots of programmed beats. It didn't go well. He and the band are working on a new album that will supposedly bring back the rock part of pop rock.

They played a fair around me last year. The lead singer got taken away in an ambulance part way through the show. Never heard anything about it in the news or anything. Shows how much their star power has faded when no one reports on such a thing.

Was that the same show where he cussed out the audience because everyone was throwing loaves of bread at him? lmao

Mandy Moore is on that depressing as fuck show right? My gf watches it. It's awful. It's like when you watch puppies being rescued on YouTube and they deliberately put sad music over it.

JordanN

Banned
Tay Zonday
bCqwm4t.png

In a couple of days, the original Chocolate Rain will be 10 years old.

Platy

Does Sia count ?

She is big now but VERY few people remember her in the 2000's since she was basically other artist

Oozer3993

After being stuck in terrible label jail for years (turns out being Aaliyah's uncle does not make one qualified to run a label), JoJo was freed and signed to Atlantic Records. She released her first album in a decade last October. It's damn good. She's currently on tour flat out setting venues on fire.

Mandy Moore is on that depressing as fuck show right? My gf watches it. It's awful. It's like when you watch puppies being rescued on YouTube and they deliberately put sad music over it.

Tangled: The Series is the superior Mandy Moore star vehicle.

Ashhong

After being stuck in terrible label jail for years (turns out being Aaliyah's uncle does not make one qualified to run a label), JoJo was freed and signed to Atlantic Records. She released her first album in a decade last October. It's damn good. She's currently on tour flat out setting venues on fire.

Tangled: The Series is the superior Mandy Moore star vehicle.

You and your love for JoJo (I think it's always been you). When is she going to collab with Kanye?

Anyone remember M2M? 98 Degrees? 2gether????

Tall4Life

Soulja Boy comes to mind. I'm tempted to say the All-American Rejects as well. Same with The Killers, though I don't know if they still are doing anything

Was that the same show where he cussed out the audience because everyone was throwing loaves of bread at him? lmao

Doing some googling, it looks like that was in 2015. The incident I am talking about was back in August. I wasn't there, only heard about it 'cause my sister and niece were there. I'm finding articles about it, but none of them say what happened, even though multiple of them say they reached out to the band reps. They eventually posted on twitter saying he was fine, but that was it. Kind of weird. Word seems to be he was just really fucking drunk.

theWB27

Was gonna say A Fine Frenzy but she's closer to Feist in being indie and she released an album in 2012. Thanks spotify.

LionPride

Banned
Also I wonder if Bronx realizes that Pink already had a big song in the last year with Just Like Fire for the Alice in Wonderland sequel

Bronx-Man

Banned
Soulja Boy comes to mind. I'm tempted to say the All-American Rejects as well. Same with The Killers, though I don't know if they still are doing anything
Damn, I just remembered that I used to bump Gives You Hell like everyday in 6th grade.

Also I wonder if Bronx realizes that Pink already had a big song in the last year with Just Like Fire for the Alice in Wonderland sequel
I ain't got time for no Alice in Wonderland shit, i'm out here getting that Mahvel money

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Brandy tried to do a "flash-song" performance in the middle of a subway few years back.

No one recognized her.

There's YT video but I'm on mobile.

Deadly

Also whatever happened to Alizee, she was in the middle of a supernova early in the 2000's and then she suddenly faded away.
She went on hiatus after her fame and then released some albums that just weren't really popular (her first albums were written by Mylene Farmer, a very successful artist in France).

She was a judge on some singing contest for French TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom