• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who are some 2000's pop stars no one talks about anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah he only stars in the biggest movie franchise going right now. Big disappearance.

Someone said Usher? He has multiple songs in rotation now and also has a few features. I think people have just stopped listening to the radio.

Nelly has stared on a sitcom with Kevin Hart for years now.

LionPride

Banned
Yeah he only stars in the biggest movie franchise going right now. Big disappearance.

Someone said Usher? He has multiple songs in rotation now and also has a few features. I think people have just stopped listening to the radio.

GAF ain't exactly the paragon of keeping up with radio hits

Preble

Tay Zonday
bCqwm4t.png

In a couple of days, the original Chocolate Rain will be 10 years old.

Damn, time flies by...

Poona

Delta Goodrum, Kate Nash (huge at the time) and Keane.

Think you mean Delta Goodrem. Also she gets shown almost every week (at least in Australia). She still does music, she just released her own perfume, she has a role on House Husbands and is also a judge every year on The Voice Australia.

Ahasverus

Shaggy and Nelly. They were the biggest black artists of the early 2000s globally and then completely disappeared.

Nelly Furtado went from being the Florence Welsh of her times to the Nelly Furtado of our times.

Missy Elliot was everywhere in the early 2000s and went MIA.

I almost said Gorillaz but they made THE comeback of 2017.

Numb

Shaggy and Nelly. They were the biggest black artists of the early 2000s globally and then completely disappeared.

Nelly Furtado went from being the Florence Welsh of her times to the Nelly Furtado of our times.

Missy Elliot super bowl

GhaleonEB

P!nk just did Alice Through the Looking Glass's theme "Just Like Fire," and that shit got super overplayed on pop and alternative stations.

As for my pick, Christina Aguilera. I know she's still on that idol show or whatnot, but where her music career at?

Her 2012 album The Truth About Love was also a big hit, singles from which I still hear regularly on the radio ("Just Give Me a Reason" in particular). (See this mentioned a few times, just wanted to emphasize she's a pretty bad example.)

Gorillaz never disappeared, they just don't make music that often. Plus Damon Albarn is already a legend for Blur alone anyway.

LionPride

Banned

Missy Elliot was literally at the Super Bowl Half time show two years ago and has songs coming out that are hits

This thread brings back some memories, lol.

For the Asian Americans, what happened to Chuckie Akenz? Dude was shitting out depressing songs left and right.

For the general population.....

- 98 Degrees? They were popular right before the millenium, right?
- Unk and his 2 Step just disappeared.
- Yung Joc also disappeared.
- Bow Wow, er, Shad Moss also stopped making music, correct? Still remember Outta My System during my teen years.
- Put me in with what happened to both Marios? Along with where did Jesse McCartney go?
- Whatever happened to Sean Paul and The East Side Boyz?
- Theory of A Dead Man.... Released an album not too long ago, I think? Still lost their popularity though.
- Snow Patrol with Chasing Cars and then nothing?
- Hollywood Undead and their one song that every teen was playing. Weren't they having disputes with each other or something thus destroying their popularity?
- Oh god.... Simple Plan?
- Last I heard from Akon was a interview from VladTV where Akon talks about being rich from investing in another country or something. The last song I saw him in was in Guetta's rendition of Better Off Alone.

Loxley

Still impressed Hillary Duff didn't turn into a wacko after leaving Disney like many others

She's even more of a bombshell today than she was back her more popular years - which is a rarity for ex-Disney stars. Usually the inevitable drug/alcohol abuse takes its toll.

sa201674

Banned

Missy Had a recent hit called WTF

Nelly Furtado

Yeah. She sold out to do booty shakin' "club hitz"; her third album was a MASSIVE departure from her first and second albums.

I could just see that record exec putting the pressure on her:

"Nelly, all these club bangers are selling like hot cakes. You can't keep to this folky pop ballad stuff when the booty shaking is what's selling. So, Nelly, how about we shake that booty and make some real money, huh?"

Edit: Even the Wikipedia article on the album "Loose" (lol) helps to illustrate all of this.

Cipherr

Soulja Boy stands out for me. That dude becoming wildly popular was THE signal to me that I was officially getting old.

His music was nursery rhyme garbo over equally trash beats. Couldn't understand why people went wild over his shit at all, and I resented it
KuGsj.gif

chronos86

Also I wonder if Bronx realizes that Pink already had a big song in the last year with Just Like Fire for the Alice in Wonderland sequel

Also she's had a lot of others big songs in recent years that you would have to be living under a rock not to have heard at least one of them. Wikipedia and YouTube exist.

Also Mandy Moore? Really? On one of the biggest shows on TV.

Numb

For the Asian Americans, what happened to Chuckie Akenz? Dude was shitting out depressing songs left and right.

- Bow Wow, er, Shad Moss also stopped making music, correct? Still remember Outta My System during my teen years.
- Put me in with what happened to both Marios? Along with where did Jesse McCartney go?
- Theory of A Dead Man.... Released an album not too long ago, I think? Still lost their popularity though.
- Hollywood Undead and their one song that every teen was playing. Weren't they having disputes with each other or something thus destroying their popularity?
- Last I heard from Akon was a interview from VladTV where Akon talks about being rich from investing in another country or something. The last song I saw him in was in Guetta's rendition of Better Off Alone.

Yung Joc is busy being a hair meme

Simple Plan reached an age where it don't matter what they say

Akon owns diamond mines and powers cities with his electricity fields in Africa or some shit. Last I saw he was pimping another singer on the breakfast club

FUCK 98 DEGREES.

Nick Lachey is still a celebrity in Cincinnati because this city fucking sucks and nothing ever actually happens here. I think he has a shitty sports bar in our most popular neighborhood as well.

McCartney is doing tv and voice acting. I know he was on Fear the Walking Dead for a couple of episodes.

Dynomutt

Yung Joc is busy being a hair meme

Simple Plan reached an age where it don't matter what they say

Akon owns diamond mines and powers cities with his electricity fields in Africa or some shit. Last I saw he was pimping another singer on the breakfast club

Akon is still eating off of Gaga money. He cashed out when she was peaking supposedly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom