• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREMSteve

Thought it might be fun to get to know people here on GAF outside of the internet. I'll kick things off...

My name is Steve. I'm a 40 year old Canadian. I work in retail. I'm married (23 years together) with three kids. We also recently got a new puppy. :)

In terms of hobbies, I love hockey, movies and video games.

I tend to stay out of forum topics that revolve around religion, politics, music (unless it's 80s music, long live the 80s) or fashion.

My favourite sports team are the Calgary Flames.

I firmly believe in two mantras: treat others as you want to be treated and the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men/women to do nothing.

Pet peeves are people being rude towards others and poor spelling. I don't necessarily understand the YouTube/Twitch generation, and cannot comprehend why people donate real money to watch people play video games, but certainly don't begrudge those who do.

Your turn!

giphy.gif

Who are any of us, really?

Does your name define you? How you act, on instinct? Your favorites, your likes and dislikes?

No.

They are what society defines you as.

A toxic mess that enforces its whims upon individuals, even as they vie for some semblance of independence -- as the very thought of independence is not your own, but society's, as well.

You as you think you know yourself does not exist.

Truly, the only winning move is not to play.

sunofsam

I'm game!

My name is Steve. I'm a 40 year old Canadian. I work in retail. I'm married (23 years together) with three kids. We also recently got a new puppy. :)

I tend to stay out of forum topics that revolve around religion, politics, music (unless it's 80s music, long live the 80s) or fashion.

I firmly believe in two mantras: treat others as you want to be treated and the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men/women to do nothing.

Pet peeves are people being rude towards others and poor spelling. I don't necessarily understand the YouTube/Twitch generation, and cannot comprehend why people donate real money to watch people play video games, but certainly don't begrudge those who do.

Who's next?

RetroMG

Hi! I'm RetroMG Steve. I've been on NeoGAF for about eight years. I'm mostly active in the NeoGAF Mafia Community in OT Community. I used to be part of DestinyGAF, and I'll still pop in from time to time when something interesting happens. I'm very excited for Breath of the Wild, and I'm also pretty active in the cooking threads. (Yeah, my avatar is Alton Brown.)

Oh, you thought I was going to tell you about my real life? Pfffft.

I'm game!

Who's next?
No, I'm Steve.

i'm Steve. we're all Steve.

WE ARE ALL STEVE!
God dammit.

UberTag

Always good to meet another 40-year-old Canadian.
Glad to hear you're doing well, Steve.

Please share pics of your new puppy. We love puppy pics around here.

Some people call me the space cowboy yeah
Some call me the gangster of love
Some people call me Maurice
Cause I speak of the pompitous of love

Grakl

I'm game!

Who's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom