• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who are your favorite black Nintendo characters?

Loofy

GSAREC7.png

Gorillaz

So pokemon finally pulled the trigger and made a "America like" map? Since apparently each region is based off of some territory

NeonZ

The first one that came to mind was actually Basilio from Fire Emblem Awakening.

Basilio_%28FE13_Artwork%29.png

Edit: But I guess that's because I completely forgot Pokemon for some reason even though I played Pokemon X today.

Current Pokemon games have been surprisingly pretty good with this. I just kinda wish they gave you a darker skin tone in XY.

I await the first person with the balls to post a Donkey Kong character

I'll be real, I've personally always thought of Donkey Kong as being black, partially because of the DK64 and cartoon voice.

This was long, long before I ever knew the implications of doing such.
I'm going to guess I can't really use the "I'm black myself" excuse either

So pokemon finally pulled the trigger and made a "America like" map? Since apparently each region is based off of some territory
The first four generations are based off of Japan. Black and White's Unova/Isshu is based off of NYC (except there's a desert which is a little bizarre), while X and Y's Kalos is based off of France.

Also the Orre region that's seen in Colosseum and XD is based off of Phoenix, AZ.

Toxi

Banned
EDIT: Wow, I'm slow.
Orre (Pokemon Colosseum) is based on Arizona. Unova (Pokemon Black/White/Black2/White2) is based on New York. Kalos (Pokemon X/Y) is based on France.

tumblr_m9fmi5IFfi1qb9bzro1_500.gif

Is Telma black? She looks pretty black. Like a light-skinned, mixed black woman or something.

Anyway, her. Though the reason why is kind of embarrassing.

Top Bottom