• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

who else feels betrayed by the PS5 announcement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Sony kinda bombed the reveal, but then again so did Xbox. During the conference I even remember saying out loud... 'The last thing they need to be doing is showing indie games, and remakes'. I'll be damned if they didn't double down on the indie's and show a fuggin' remake. I just shook my head. They had best bring the heat with the next conference. This is all of course my opinion.

Eliciel

"Betrayal is the breaking or violation of a presumptive contract, trust, or confidence that produces moral and psychological conflict within a relationship amongst individuals, between organizations or between individuals and organizations. "

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betrayal

I do not feel betrayed as I do not feel that a contract, trust or confidence towards the product or the outlook of the product that will be arriving soon has been violated or broken. I felt that the scope of the presentation met my basic needs towards the console. For me this contains games at its core and maybe design as a feature (which I also liked). I do not share the negative feedback on the console looks at all.

But, please, feel free to elaborate further, OP

Last edited:

nowhat

I actually feel betrayed!

Put my headphones on for some crazy audio demonstration and... nothin'. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Yeah, that was underwhelming. But I'll reserve my final judgment until I get to hear "Tempest" in person - it's working with psychoacoustic fuckery already, I think the fact that the sound is compressed on the stream may affect how well it works.

I thought the reveal was great. It had great production values, showed 25+ games and the console.

Watched it again yesterday and I would say half the games I will be playing. Really looking forward to using the DualSense and 3D audio.

The fact that most of Sony's studios were not involved in this reveal, makes it even more impressive. I think Sony are going to do another stream around Gamescom in August, where they will show off more games and the price/release date.

I must be the target audience cause I’m completely in love and excited and I only saw 7 or 8 games that I want... right.... only...

Raonak

Banned
I thought it was fantastic.
sounds like you were overhyped.

Can you really name a better console reveal or even a better "E3 press conference"?
(maybe besides the year of dreams. that was bonkers)

Ahmady

Banned
they are talking about "generational leap", "reasons to get a PS5" and just showing a game that uses the same assets as the PS4 game (spiderman)? Or are showing a lot of games, that don't even have a release year? Nor even a final name of the game, just a project name?

I do.

They promised to show us the future of games and it was nowhere to be found. Heck, it even opened up with a game my grandma played way back then.

Underwhelmed for sure.
I don't like the looks at all, add to it Druckman as well as Taliban''s US office ruling Sony, uh, I will probably wait to see what they did to GoW to decide if I skip Sony this gen...

P4uOdyV.png

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I am glad I don't yet feel the need to get one. Now if I can just avoid being online when preorders go up I will be safe.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Good luck next generation, when more details surface (price, release date etc.) we'll find ourselves in a better situation.

FranXico

I think the problem with the event was, that they showed too much indie stuff.

Had they only shown Horizon, Demons Souls, Athia and Kena, and then show the case design, people would be going crazy.

A console launch is not the right time to show off your quirky furry games.
Indies are being used as filler for the numbers metagame, sadly.

Last edited:

Sethbacca

Betrayed? Nah man, most of us are old enough to not be emotionally attached to plastic boxes. We love them, but not like... love them love them.....

The Fartist

Gold Member
Hope so. I remember firing up the PS4 for the first time (coming from PS3) and being blown away at how fast and responsive the XMB was, then booted into the PS Store and seeing how fast that loaded. Hopefully there's the same kind of jump.
What is this 'fast' loading PS Store wizardry you speak of? Please! You must tell me!

The Fartist

Gold Member
Betrayed?! Feels like my wife took off for a few months, came back looking like early 90's Cindy Crawford with an ass. Gimme more betrayal, please.

The Fartist

Gold Member
On PS3 going from XMB to the PS Store took about 1 minute to begin searching. On PS4 day one I loaded into PS Store and searching within 4 seconds.
PS Store is so all over the place, for some it loads fast like it should, for others, me, runs like shit. I hope it just works like it should across the board for PS5.

I was pretty happy with everything what was shown honestly. I got what I personally wanted and then some.

I originally only expected the following

I expected Demon's Souls to be there
I expected Horizon sequel

What I actually wanted was the following

Demon's Souls
Horizon sequel
Resident Evil 8
A exclusive platforming game
A surprise announcement

What I ended up getting

Demon's Souls
Horizon sequel
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart (wish filled)
Resident Evil 8 (wish filled)
Kena: Bridge of Spirits (Surprise announcement and a good one so +1 to Sony)
Pragmata (Surprise announcement and a good one so +1 to Sony)

Project Athia (Surprise announcement and a good one so +1 to Sony)

Overall, I am a happy PS user, my only gripe is most of these games are 2021 or later and many of them have no dates.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
What I expected to see:

One game that showed me Sony learned from the PUBG/Fortnite explosion. A single AAA multiplayer only exclusive that showed Sony was serious about multiplayer.

What I got:

593933-DestructionAllstars.jpg

So Sony essentially pissed on me and told me it was raining. BETRAYAL!

Last edited:

yurinka

Well, think that like half of the indies shown there are also announced for PS4. If you look at their trailers in the PS YouTube channel, at the end of the video they mention if they are (timed) console exclusive on PS5 only or if on PS4+PS5.

What I expected to see:

One game that showed me Sony learned from the PUBG/Fortnite explosion. A single AAA multiplayer only exclusive that showed Sony was serious about multiplayer.

What I got:

593933-DestructionAllstars.jpg

So Sony essentially pissed on me and told me it was raining. BETRAYAL!

This was one of the handful of titles I'm looking forward to. It looks like legitimate fun. *shrugs*

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
This was one of the handful of titles I'm looking forward to. It looks like legitimate fun. *shrugs*

Well...I now view you with 100x the disdain NeoGAF has for Jason Shreier.

If we were in the movie or TV series Highlander, one of us would be beheading the other.

You are the Jerry to my Tom.

Pray we never cross paths IRL.

Betrayed by who? Sony for showcasing an absurd number of games that look incredible?

Is there such a thing as a drive-by thread? Because that OP sure seems to qualify. It's a rallying call to all the normal Xbox posters who downplay every PlayStation announcement.
Are you fkn serious m8. Don’t turn some clowns sperg-out post into a warring thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom