• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who has bought a Wii U within the past week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

inner-G

Banned
Got one yesterday.

So far I've got: Mario Kart 8, NSMBU+SLU, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, Black Flag and NES Remix. Loving it again (had one before that broke.)

phanphare

Banned
Everybody seems to forget that the GOTY for the Wii U comes out next week.

Pushmo World.

I like your style

your avatar is fantastic

image.php

I'm getting one sometime after I start getting paid for my job and before the end of the Mario Kart 8 promotion in the US. Haven't played any of Nintendo's home console games since early 2009 when my Wii broke and I'm getting the crave again. Sometimes Steam can't satisfy all of my needs, who would have thought it.

ElfArmy177

Me :) Mario kart bundle with 3d world and wind waker. Love it so far. I traded in my launch Wii u about 2 months before 3d world due to the dust collecting on it. Now I have a better one :)

ionitron

Ahhh,thanks! I'd love to snag one now but I'm still paying off my ps4 and xb1. Hopefully I can get one this year!

No problem! If you plan on getting one, I don't know for sure, maybe someone can help out here: You can buy Mario Kart 8, and register it in Club Nintendo to choose one of your free games. I believe they give you a code to download it when you have the chance? Given that, to not lose out on the deal before July 31, and you know that you plan on getting a Wii U anyway, you might want to consider! Given that's a good 50/60 dollar savings for some pretty quality titles.

Would like a confirmation though.

Also, another question: my friend owns 3 out of the 4 games, (the only one not being Wii Party U lol). He wasn't sure if the codes/download was tied to his Club Nintendo account, because if not, he would give me his free game. Can anyone confirm this?

MrXavier

I also bought the MK8 Wii U bundle. It was very hard to find considering it was sold out practically everywhere so I jumped on the chance to pick it up.

I can't figure out how to get promo points from the bundled MK8 game, there's nothing inside the box besides a quick-start guide.

Persona7

Banned
Nobody I know except one person when MK8 came out a few weeks ago.

I always planned to get one around the time bayonetta 2 comes out.

OmegaDL50

So my current Wii U library.

Super Mario 3D World
New Super Mario Bros. U
Mario Kart 8
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD (Digital freebie from Mario Kart 8 purchase)
The Wonderful 101

My future planned purchases will be Xenoblade Cross, Smash Bros U, Zelda U, Hyrule Warriors, Starfox U, and Bayonetta 2.

I trust you Gaf, What else am I missing that is absolutely essential for a Wii U owner?

BearPawB

Banned
I bought a refurbished wii u/refurbished wii motion plus

Bought mario kart 8 for like $11 off from amazon.
Got windwaker HD as my free game.

System doesn't get here until tuesday. But i am already looking forward to it

FryHole

Super Mario 3D World
New Super Mario Bros. U
Mario Kart 8
The Wonderful 101

My future planned purchases will be Xenoblade Cross, Smash Bros U, Zelda U, Hyrule Warriors, Starfox U, and Bayonetta 2.

I trust you Gaf, What else am I missing that is absolutely essential for a Wii U owner?

Pikmin 3, Tropical Freeze and Zombi U for starters.

I'm going to wait and see what pops up during black Friday, but a Wii U is definitely on the horizon. Hope they still have physical copies of W101 by then.

BFIB

Ok, just got home with my bundle. Quick question, the Target I go to had one returned this morning. Sold it to me for $300, not bad after my $180 in cards. But I think the employee marked it as open box when it really wasn't. There wasn't any of the usual stickers on the box, just the flap to open it. Everything was wrapped up, even the console was wrapped perfectly.

Are all the boxes like that? No stickers or anything?

Dartastic

I can't take LBP seriously until they fix their floaty platforming
Same here. I can't stand it.
That's a cutscene. Who cares what it looks like.
It's in game. Not prerendered. But yeah. Uncharted will look fantastic, and be fun. It'll be Uncharted. Whatever.
WHAT??? Did the console drop price ?
You can get a refurbished unit for $200. It's a great price for the console, and there's no way you'll get it for cheaper.

SerodD

Super Mario 3D World
New Super Mario Bros. U
Mario Kart 8
The Wonderful 101

Pikmin 3!

Tropical Freeze is pretty good too, and when you have nothing else to play go for Zombie U it's pretty decent and it's one of the few games to have a really smart mechanic around the gamepad.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Ok, just got home with my bundle. Quick question, the Target I go to had one returned this morning. Sold it to me for $300, not bad after my $180 in cards. But I think the employee marked it as open box when it really wasn't. There wasn't any of the usual stickers on the box, just the flap to open it. Everything was wrapped up, even the console was wrapped perfectly.

Are all the boxes like that? No stickers or anything?

The Wii U boxes are not sealed. They can be easily opened.

MikeDown

Banned
I haven't bought one, but I plan too once their is a sale. The Wii U's lack of power doesn't bother me, I have a decent PC that can make up for things in that department.

StevieP

Banned
No, not really interested. Mainly because of the system uncertain future, i don't want buy a console that has a chance of being pulled out of the market. And before anyone says " but but but...what about this E3?" well its not going to do a thing for this poor console.

It's not being pulled from the market.

No, not really interested. Mainly because of the system uncertain future, i don't want buy a console that has a chance of being pulled out of the market. And before anyone says " but but but...what about this E3?" well its not going to do a thing for this poor console.

1/10 for effort.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

Super Mario 3D World
New Super Mario Bros. U
Mario Kart 8
The Wonderful 101

Donkey kong. How could you forsake him!!!!!

Super Mario 3D World
New Super Mario Bros. U
Mario Kart 8
The Wonderful 101

Donkey Kong, New Super Luigi U, Pikmin3, Nintendoland and Tekken Tag Tournament 2!
I'm gonna hold out until October and get Bayo 2

get w101 now. its the better bayonetta with much more content.

The Lamp

Big surprise. Video game company with great first party studios announces they have great first party games coming.

I've had a Wii U since last year and I love it.

BPoole

Wii U has a lot of good games coming in the next year but I still don't think it's worth owning one until next year

Also, another question: my friend owns 3 out of the 4 games, (the only one not being Wii Party U lol). He wasn't sure if the codes/download was tied to his Club Nintendo account, because if not, he would give me his free game. Can anyone confirm this?
I can confirm that it's not tied to a CN account cause I gave a friend a pikmin 3 code and it worked.

OmegaDL50

Donkey Kong, New Super Luigi U, Pikmin3, Nintendoland and Tekken Tag Tournament 2!

get w101 now. its the better bayonetta with much more content.

I already have TTT2 for my PS3, and I keep forgetting to mention Nintendoland because it was a pack-in with my console when I bought the 32GB Deluxe set a few months ago.

Still thanks for the suggestions people.

I'll check out Pikmin 3 and DKC: Tropical Freeze. I'm not sure about Zomb-U though. Never was much a fan of the survival horror genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom