• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who has bought a Wii U within the past week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onionkid

Yep! Combination of watching a few Mario Kart 8 streams on twitch and the 200 dollar refurb price from Nintendo pushed me over the edge. I'm loving it so far, actually this morning is the only time I've been able to really sit down with it and fool about. Miiverse is a really clever idea, surprised I don't see it hyped up more...same with the TVii features. Right now I've just got Mario Kart 8, NSMBU (freebie download I picked) and Nintendo Land. I need to run out and see if I can't find one of those 9 dollar copies of Wonderful 101 at Toys R Us!

Scoops

Banned
So my current Wii U library.

Super Mario 3D World
New Super Mario Bros. U
Mario Kart 8
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD (Digital freebie from Mario Kart 8 purchase)
The Wonderful 101

My future planned purchases will be Xenoblade Cross, Smash Bros U, Zelda U, Hyrule Warriors, Starfox U, and Bayonetta 2.

I trust you Gaf, What else am I missing that is absolutely essential for a Wii U owner?

Already out: Pikmin 3
If you play multi plat third party for WiiU: Splinter Cell Blacklist
Future games: Captain Toad

Angelcurio

I became part of the Wii U install base after the conference and the $200.00 refurbished console deal. Also bought a Wiimote+ with it. Was planning to buy Super Mario Bros. U for my wife, but thanks to the guys on the thread informing me about the Mario Kart 8 free digital game deal, i ended up grabbing both MK8 and Wind Waker HD, with SMBU being the digital title to download. Everything is expected to arrive to a Florida center on Tuesday, where a delivey office is located, which will deliver it to my country by Thursday.

I am currently sitting on Gamestop trade credit waiting for a restock of Mario Kart 8 bundle.

Tempted to just snag the Zelda bundle for the L.E. gamepad and just buy MK8.

I was wanting to use my free game for WW tho.

PS4 got traded in pretty much the moment E3 finished up. MicroSony dun left the games back at their offices it seems.

KJRS_1993

Too expensive!
£280 on Amazon UK right now with Mario Kart. That's $475.
Which does my head in because there's a post here saying US gets a refurbished one for $200!

Expensive, plus I really don't want an extra box under the telly and a gimmicky Gamepad to contend with :(

Everybody seems to forget that the GOTY for the Wii U comes out next week.

Pushmo World.

Yes! Ive been playing it this week (review code) and its fun as hell! Pretty hard later on. Still slow introduction though. But it has my love. So good seeing it on the big screen.

Asbear

Banned
I've bought my Wii U for 3 games. Mario Kart 8, Smash and Zelda. It feels like a loss not to have a proper 3D mario game as well, but 3D world is boring. I own it because I have a sister who likes those co-op marios but it's a boring game IMO, nothing like the glory of SM Galaxy.

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
I picked it up on Thursday. My wife and I had planned on picking it up before E3, but the great showing was a happy surprise. We were primarily getting it for Mario Kart 8 and DK:TF, but by the time I went looking for it on Thursday, the Mario Kart bundle was sold out within an hour radius. At one store, the guy in front of me was looking for the bundle; at another, the guy behind me was after it. I ended up getting the Mario U bundle, and Target offered $15 off Mario Kart with a $1 down preorder of Smash, so I think that worked out better anyway. Free Zelda was another happy surprise.

Already have one, but all bundles/consoles and Mario Kart 8 were sold out at my local Best Buy when I was there yesterday. Before MK8, everything was mostly collecting dust.

Blues1990

I've been an owner since last March, and I've been loving my system to bits. Already I have 10 retail games, 9 Wii U SNES Virtual Console games, 7 Digital Games, and a slew of Wii Virtual Console games.

If anyone wants to add me to their friends list, my user name is ChickenPotPie23.

Neff

Too expensive!
£280 on Amazon UK right now with Mario Kart. That's $475.
Which does my head in because there's a post here saying US gets a refurbished one for $200!

Expensive, plus I really don't want an extra box under the telly and a gimmicky Gamepad to contend with :(

This just sounds like you don't want a Wii U at all, but FYI it's only at that price because you're looking at a 3rd party seller. Amazon UK has sold out of the MK pack. It's normally £240.

You can actually buy the Just Dance/Wii Party pack bundled with Mario Kart for £250.

mindsale

This is purely anecdotal, but last week the Wal-Mart and Best Buy nearest me were completely out of Wii U games (even Funky Barn). I bet we'll see a healthy uptick in units moved, and I think amiibos (is that the preferred plural? or is it still amiibo?) will sell gangbusters.

Edit: forgot an S.

Riki

This is purely anecdotal, but last week the Wal-Mart and Best Buy nearest me were completely out of Wii U games (even Funky Barn). I bet we'll see a healthy uptick in units moved, and I think amiibo (is that the preferred plural? or is it still amiibo?) will sell gangbusters.

Amiibie?

KJRS_1993

This just sounds like you don't want a Wii U at all, but FYI it's only at that price because you're looking at a 3rd party seller. Amazon UK has sold out of the MK pack. It's normally £240.

You can actually buy the Just Dance/Wii Party pack bundled with Mario Kart for £250.

I don't hugely, not yet anyway. I've not exactly been subtle about that in the past!
240 is still a lot for me personally. Even at the $200 mark (around £120?), I'd have to think twice as I'm a student with no fixed income.

I'm sure it's a great console and I'm glad for those who are enjoying their's. It's just not for me, and the games aren't going to tempt me over its shortcomings while the price is high.

Airgetlam

I'm very tempted by the refurbished deluxe from Nintendo but I realized a lot of the games I wanted to play are mainly multiplayer and my friends and I just don't have much time to hang out anymore. I can't imagine Mario Kart 8, New Super Mario Bros U, or Smash would be as much fun alone or online. Still, for $200 it's pretty tempting.

My buddy ordered the refurb immediately after we played Splatoon at E3. He was already in the fence after Mario Kart and the Zelda reveal, so that was that last push he needed.

adin75

I don't really care for it, haven't had much interest in anything Nintendo related since I was a kid. If they had announced a price drop, one may have found it's way under the Xmas tree for the kids this year.

You still have time Nintendo.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Really considering getting a Wii U as my first new console, which is shocking because I all but wrote it off at the start of this generation.

What is the absolute BEST deal going on now?

ozfunghi

So my current Wii U library.

Super Mario 3D World
New Super Mario Bros. U
Mario Kart 8
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD (Digital freebie from Mario Kart 8 purchase)
The Wonderful 101

My future planned purchases will be Xenoblade Cross, Smash Bros U, Zelda U, Hyrule Warriors, Starfox U, and Bayonetta 2.

I trust you Gaf, What else am I missing that is absolutely essential for a Wii U owner?

Pikmin3, ZombiU, and if you haven't played it... Deus Ex. Great game. Those three are my three most played games on the system. Also Lego City stories seems to be good, but i have only seen my nephew play it, haven't played it myself yet.

Some would argue that Fucking Donkey Kong needs to be on your list as well.

And for future releases, i guess Cpt Toad, Yoshi's Woolly World, Kirby & the Rainbow Curse, Splatoon etc could be added.

Just check out this thread.

Arklite

Extremely tempted after that beautiful double pack Bayonetta bomb and Monolith's ambitious Xenoblade. I'd have to find a bomba deal to justify a console buy for two new games, though.

Voror

My sisters very much want to get one now and have suggested we split the bill on one. They're most excited for finally playing Wind Waker HD, Smash and the new Zelda. Aside from the those, Wonderful 101, X and Bayonetta 2 have my strong interest.

Still not sure when we may do so though.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I highly suggest checking out the demo for ZombiU before buying it, I was super excited for it and was almost certainly going to buy it until I played it and hated it. Just a bit of friendly advice.

I highly suggest checking out the demo for ZombiU before buying it, I was super excited for it and was almost certainly going to buy it until I played it and hated it. Just a bit of friendly advice.

Do it again in a dark room with headphones on and play it like a survival game.

I actually wasn't sold based on the demo, but I bought it and am enjoying the full game quite a bit more. It is rather difficult imo though.

I'm considering to buy one because there are some games I'm interested after E3, but when I look at the list of games, I realize the games I want are just mario 3d world and mario kart 8, and maybe Lego City. I think I'll just wait till next year to get 1, SmashBros, Splatoon, X, Bayonetta and Zelda looks great.

laoni

I got the Australian MK8 bundle yesterday (So MK8 and Nintendoland), along with Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker was my freebie.

All up that was about $460

The guy at the store told me he only had a few bundles left before they were completely out of Wii U's, and that he had bought his just the day before me XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom