• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who here has tried Oil Pulling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
That was a quick and unnecessary meltdown dayum.

chompsjo9w.gif

LOL

Foaloal

Wow, GAF sure is skeptical.

What's next, are you guys going to act like magnet therapy doesn't work?!

Don't even bother trying to say that, if you haven't tried it you don't know shit.

Sure, there's absolutely no proven effects and despite the huge number of companies selling those magnet bracelets nobody has been able to demonstrate them actually working, but believe me, I heard from a guy that they work and so I know they do. Plus I have my own biased anecdotal experiences, which are definitely superior to empirical evidence.

I mean, check out this sick healing bracelet I've got my eye on;

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...stipation-diarrhea-lose-weight/537338696.html

This one can not only treat constipation and diarrhea, but it can even help you lose weight!

If your arms aren't already covered in healing bracelets like mine, then you are the real loser. I have a bracelet for everything, even one that lets me read minds!

p.s. don't bother replying because you're all just too thickheaded and closed minded to understand how all 40 of my bracelets work together in unison to make me the strongest, most healthy person on the planet.

what is the placebo effect guys?

forms

I fill my mouth with a mixture of motor oil and virgin (important) oil, then I move on to inserting a tiny crystal in my rectal cavity. If I keep still for then hours, the toxins will hace cleansed through the holoistic fields generated from the oils to the crystal, making the crystal absorb all the toxins in my body.

It obviously work, you should see how dirty the crystal is after having spent the entire day there. Proof!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I saw a study saying it was good for removing bad bacteria from the mouth. I haven't seen any study countering it. I've tried it and my mouth feels very clean afterward and the amount of time before the onset of bad breath seems prolonged.

Maybe the same exact effect could come from swishing tap water for 20 minutes but I would think coconut oil would be more effective since coconut oil has antimicrobial properties.

Yka

I saw a study saying it was good for removing bad bacteria from the mouth. I haven't seen any study countering it. I've tried it and my mouth feels very clean afterward and the amount of time before the onset of bad breath seems prolonged.

Maybe the same exact effect could come from swishing tap water for 20 minutes but I would think coconut oil would be more effective since coconut oil has antimicrobial properties.

Yeah, I do this quite often after brushing my teeth. I also add 5-10 drops of oregano oil to enhance the antimicrobial effect. It takes much longer for the plaque to start to form after brushing and oil pulling than just brushing my teeth. Actually I'm oil pulling right now and I just took this picture...

colgateprofessional said:
Plaque appears as a soft, gooey substance that sticks to the teeth a bit like jam sticks to a spoon. It is, in fact, colonies of bacteria, protozoa, mycoplasmas, yeasts and viruses clumping together in a gel-like organic material. Also in the mix are bacteria byproducts, white blood cells, food debris and body tissue. Plaque grows when bacteria attach to the tooth and begin multiplying. Plaque starts forming immediately after a tooth is cleaned; it takes about an hour for plaque to build up to measurable levels. As time goes on, different types of microorganisms appear, and the plaque thickens.

Oil pulling, also known as "kavala" or "gundusha," is an ancient Ayurvedic dental technique that involves swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth on an empty stomach for around 20 minutes. This action supposedly draws out toxins in your body, primarily to improve oral health but also to improve your overall health.

Ancient people knew nothing about bacteria. Not even top scientists knew nothing about bacteria just a couple hundred years ago. So when they were talking about toxins they were actually talking about bacteria and other nasty stuff mentioned in the quote above.

Edit: Had time to read the whole thread. GAF never disappoints...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom