• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who here is getting the Gamecube Zelda? Are you concerned?

Socreges

Banned
....that the game may be be spoiled for you by December?

....that the game may not look as good as the (Wii) version we've seen recently?

....that it's Waggle-less!??

I'm getting it. My only concern is that there's going to be a lot of media and info out there and I'm bound to stumble across it. :/ Otherwise I think Nintendo is hiding the GC version strictly because it is so similar. No worries.

AniHawk

I'm getting the Gamecube Zelda. Already paid off.

I look at it this way: I've got the Wii Zelda to play and see for myself if I like or dislike the controls. If I don't, no big deal- I'm picking the GC one up anyway. If I do, all the better, and I'll have a more fresh experience than I did MM or TWW in that respect. And if I do like the Wii controls, I know I'll go through it once with the GC controller just for old time's sake.

Mato

I'm getting it, no worries though. I haven't clicked on any of the latest Zelda threads, spoiler or non-spoiler. It's pretty easy to avoid spoilers if you want to.

nah, im not worried about it being spoiled.. Just use caution when browsing threads!! and exercise restraint with downloading preview vids - so far I've managed to ignore all 1 million preview vids on Gametrailers.com.

As for lack of waggle, my fears were laid to rest yesterday - I checked out the (perhaps spoilertastic - i dunno!) official nintendo zelda site, and the controls look like they'll be just as good, if not better than Windwaker's (which I really liked).

My only downer to getting the GC version is lack of 16:9 res.. Im sure that it is going to look exactly the same other wise..

Socreges

Banned
Martial Loh said:
My only downer to getting the GC version is lack of 16:9 res.. Im sure that it is going to look exactly the same other wise..
Yeah.... I would be torn if I actually owned a widescreen. Starving students aren't so privileged...

duckroll

I'm getting it and I'm not concerned about anything. The game being the same is the most important factor, and it sounds like Nintendo really went all out with this one. :D

Zilch

Banned
I'm getting the GC version because I don't want a Wii/don't have the money now.

I'll miss the widescreen aspect that the Wii version has, but that's all. It was developed for GC and I'm not going to feel like I'm missing out if I play it on the GC.

AniHawk

Socreges said:
December 11th

lol? Can't tell with you...

I am Zelda fanboy #1. Of course I'm being serious.

I'm getting all this this year:

(Prima GC guide)

9780761555735.jpg

(LE Wii guide)

831752b.jpg

promo_stand_tp.jpg

And each edition of the game.

If the Wii controls don't work out for me, sure. But after reading reviews, impressions, and other things from people very, very likely to know what they're talking about, I highly doubt I'll have to resort to that.

Socreges

Banned
AniHawk said:
I am Zelda fanboy #1. Of course I'm being serious.

I'm getting all this this year:

(Prima GC guide)

9780761555735.jpg

(LE Wii guide)

831752b.jpg

promo_stand_tp.jpg

And each edition of the game.
Could you buy me a Wii? I'll get the game, I just need you to provide the capacity. :)

Tiktaalik

I'm strongly considering getting the GC version, since I'm not planning on getting a Wii at launch (maybe for xmas) and well, hell I'll want to play it.

I wish the reviews for the GC version were coming out now. I'm interested in seeing the difference if any. What works better or worse in the Wii version.

One thing to consider, from a collection point of view, is that the GC Zelda could be pretty hard to find, whereas I'm pretty sure, since it's a big launch game, that the Wii Zelda will be very easy to find any time for the next 4 years. If I ever want to play the waggle version, say, when I get an HDTV and I want widescreen, I should be able to find it pretty easily.

So far I've been able to avoid most spoilers by not looking in any of the Zelda threads here so I think I'll be alright.

rareside

I might be getting the Cube version, since I want to play it in English and will own only a Japanese Wii.

Then again, I'll probably own the Japanese Wii version anyhow, and the US Cube version, heh.

Dilemma

It depends on a couple scenarios. I won't get a Wii till Brawl comes out.

Scenario 1: It turns out that imported games like Lost Planet and Blue dragon combined with some November games like Sonic, Superman, Viva Pinata and Rainbow 6 Vegas are enough to get me through December. -> I will wait to buy the Wii Zelda when I get my Wii with Brawl.

Scenario 2: It turns out that imported games like Lost Planet and Blue dragon combined with some November games like Sonic, Superman, Viva Pinata and Rainbow 6 Vegas are not enough to get me through December. -> I will buy the Cube version of Zelda.

If reviews and forum impressions (especially Anihawk, since he'll be playing both versions around release, apparently!) suggest that the Wii controls are the coolest thing to ever happen to Zelda then I will hold off until I get a Wii (probably late next year). If it's no big deal I'll just buy the GC version. I haven't preordered it.

If I have to wait, no big deal...I'm not enough of a Zelda fan to NEEEEEED it the day it comes out. And if I get a little spoiled, meh. I'll try to avoid it but if it happens it won't affect me too much. There are worse things.

Dizzy

Banned
....that the game may be be spoiled for you by December?
Nope, I'll be avoiding all Zelda threads.

....that the game may not look as good as the (Wii) version we've seen recently?
I read in an interview recently that it looked identical. The only difference that I know of is widescreen, but I don't have a widescreen TV so that doesn't bother me.

....that it's Waggle-less!??
I'm happy that it's waggle-less :)

reminder

I'm getting the cube version, too.

From the whole Wii Launch Line-Up i'm only interested in Zelda, but i won't buy a new console just for one game that i can play on another console.

8bit

Knows the Score
I'm waiting on GC Zelda as I'm not likely to get a Wii until sometime next year. Being in Europe, I'm kind of used to waiting and avoiding spoilers. It's not hard to stay out of threads that are likely to be dangerous, but there is always the danger of someoe posting something retarded in a threat title.

OMG Link is the father of Gannon!!pi!!1

AniHawk

8bit said:
I'm waiting on GC Zelda as I'm not likely to get a Wii until sometime next year. Being in Europe, I'm kind of used to waiting and avoiding spoilers. It's not hard to stay out of threads that are likely to be dangerous, but there is always the danger of someoe posting something retarded in a threat title.

whinyluke.jpg

Dizzy

Banned
8bit said:

:lol The sad truth :(

I suppose it's good that we have a lot of patience though.

Adagio

I'm getting GameCube Princess because it's superior to its undulating brother. And because the Wii launch sucks. And because I'm not a selfish f*ck; I feel like spending money on my loved ones this holiday instead of gorging myself on some half-assed masturbatory waggle fest. Suck it, bitches.

Kuroyume

Banned
I'm so bored/tired of Zelda that I could care less. I can wait a few more weeks. Btw, you're talking about Zelda here, not Metal Gear Solid or Halo. There's hardly a story.

I haven't ordered the (GC) game yet, so I am worried I may not be able to find that version.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
in the course of those interviews iwata did with the zelda team, one team member went out of his way to mention that they've polished the gamecube version as well, and that he wants people to try both. which eased my concerns that the gc version would be somehow half-assed. don't care much about spoilers. widescreen would be nice. waggle wouldn't.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I'm getting the Cube Zelda and I'm not worried because it's a Zelda lockout for me until I get it. And I have confidence playing with the cube controller will be more enjoyable compared to playing with the wii mote and waggling.

Ninja Dom

I am even though I'm getting the Wii version.

Simply for the sake of the collection. I want (possibly) the Gamecubes greatest game to be a part of my collection.

Orodreth

Not interested in Wii yet so I´ll getting the Gamecube version. The only thing i´ll miss is the widescreen option.

And don´t care at all if its released later as i dont think i´ll have time to play it before next year.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
AniHawk said:
I'm getting the Gamecube Zelda. Already paid off.

I look at it this way: I've got the Wii Zelda to play and see for myself if I like or dislike the controls. If I don't, no big deal- I'm picking the GC one up anyway. If I do, all the better, and I'll have a more fresh experience than I did MM or TWW in that respect. And if I do like the Wii controls, I know I'll go through it once with the GC controller just for old time's sake.
I feel the exact same way.

psy18

First time buying a game for multiple console.
Then again GC version offers mirror mode. It might be worth it.....?

lo zaffo

It's me. I want the GameCube version of the Twilight Princess because of:

1) free camera , just read about it in this thread, I hope it is true
2) left-handed Link, it seems to me that in my mind Link have to be that way, no mirrored-world
3) 4:3 video aspect ratio, because I think it is better for a videogame focused on action, 16:9 could distract me, actually it wouldn't because I don't like TP art direction, but this is another story

I don't know if GameCube version will cost more than Wii's one or the other way round, because here in Italy I din't had any clue about it.

Going OT, I think I'll wait to get a NintendoDs until Phantom Hourglass will came out.

ChrisD84

I was a bit concered before that the GC version might not be as good, but i'm not anymore. I don't want a Wii so it's the GC version for me.

I'm GC all the way. I'm not concerned about getting spoiled at all. I really doubt it'll happen. I mean, I've managed to cut myself off from media regarding this game that I was shocked by the way Link looked close up in freakin promotional material that's been like flying around.

MoxManiac

I'm getting the GCN version since I can't afford a Wii (and the launch lineup is largely uninteresting to me aside from zelda)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
3) 4:3 video aspect ratio, because I think it is better for a videogame focused on action, 16:9 could distract me, actually it wouldn't because I don't like TP art direction, but this is another story
Uhhhh, that is the strangest thing I've heard all week.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'll be playing the Wii version this weekend, but I have the GCN version preordered as well. Hell, I've had it preordered at the NWS since June of 05, IIRC.

Top Bottom