• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who honestly cares about "The Game AwardsTM" ???

Money Reaction GIF by Ooki

Mozzarella

I care to see some of the game i like to get a win, thats all, really.
I know that the show sucks, and most of it is cringe waste of time, but eventually and like many others we watch it for those good 15-30 minutes out of the 3.5 hours.
Maybe we have too much time on out hands, but i think its a neat idea to celebrate gaming at the end of the year and recognize the best of the year, but unfortunately i think the should still needs a lot of work to reach that level.

Josef Fares in 2017 was genuinely a great moment in the show, it made me laugh and i enjoyed it, i still enjoy rewatching it to this day, its moments like these that we watch the show for, too bad the show is 75% garbage though, and most of the winners have no business winning.

Last edited:

iHaunter

Interesting statistic with the game awards. Xbox hasn't has a single game nominated in 10 years. I actually didn't know that, saw it on XSX subreddit a few minutes ago. I don't always agree with the game that wins either.

r11g11esr40a1.png

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

I honestly don't care much for the awards themselves, but I do enjoy the spectacle. This, in a way, fills a void left by the demise of most game trade shows.
Interesting statistic with the game awards. Xbox hasn't has a single game nominated in 10 years. I actually didn't know that, saw it on XSX subreddit a few minutes ago.

r11g11esr40a1.png
No games nominated or no games winning GOTY? Either way, not surprising.

Edit: I see, it's nominated

Last edited:

SSfox

Interesting statistic with the game awards. Xbox hasn't has a single game nominated in 10 years. I actually didn't know that, saw it on XSX subreddit a few minutes ago. I don't always agree with the game that wins either.

r11g11esr40a1.png
Interesting, for fun here's my GOTY list of each of those years:

2013: TLOU
2014: Bayonetta 2
2015: Bloodborne
2016: Persona 5
2017: Zelda BOTW
2018: GOW (It was tie AF with RDR2 and DQ11)
2019: Sekiro
2020: Ghost OF Tsushima
2021: Returnal
2022: Between ER and GOWR, can't decide yet.

Damigos

Same reason people care about emmys, oscars and awards in general.
Its fun, no one actually takes them seriously

dottme

Yeah, it's fun. I don't care about the award but they often have some relatively good announcement on the side. Also, as we go on, the show is getting bigger and bigger and it's getting better announcement each time.
So I'll probably try to watch it if I can.

I mean, Geoff always makes it a sales show. It's more for the publishers than the actual gamers.

Every year the show is trash too. So many commercials. So many awards given to devs who don't deserve it and devs who do get shafted.

They even nominated Nibellion for 'content creator' , meanwhile Nibellion did nothing on Twitter except retweet news stories. Sure that deserves an award.

Why does anyone care about "The Game AwardsTM" ft Geoff the dorito pope

2 types of people.

The Mentally Challenged (Console Warriors) and Manchildren who need validation for their purchase decisions.

Everyone else just points and laughs.

As for Nibellion - dude is also a scum sucker that supported a racist website for years (Era). Perfectly in line for an award by the same pig fuckers who work in the gaming “journalism” sphere.

Last edited:

Leviathicus

Neo Member
It’s a good thing you can’t jump freely. We have Tokyo Jungle for silly platform action.

We are not going to agree on this one. If im going to play as a cat I want to jump as a cat, not just walk around and eventually find an interactive object that lets me press a button to jump on top of it. But to each their own.

Hero_Select

I like it. It's fun to see the industry get together and even if it's not games I'm interested in I like seeing trailers and things and I usually have it on in the background while I do something else.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I enjoy it. I think they had some outstanding moment. Like all the smash reveals (Joker especially). I just think since Reggie left Nintendo isn't as strong a partner for them, so that's why this year I'm not expecting anything (last like year). But I still like it.

EDIT: I also really enjoyed the Marvel UA3 reveal because it was truly a surprise.

Last edited:

yurinka

I never cared about these awards, but in the middle of a lot of crappy ads and unintered games that I don't care about, every yeare are are a handful of trailers or announcements that I like. So I end seeing them just ni case they make some announcement there that I like.

Foilz

Banned
It's not on a yones minds but I'm sure the studios who make the games appreciate getting some recognition for their work from their peers. Also the new game trailers are awesome

Fuz

Banned
It's not on a yones minds but I'm sure the studios who make the games appreciate getting some recognition for their work from their peers. Also the new game trailers are awesome
In Italy we say "giving each other blowjobs".

Top Bottom