• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is the most psychiatric or toxic character in video games?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Always in video games, there is some character or some kind of mental disorder or that is crazy, who do you think is the most psychiatric or toxic character that exists?

c5423350bd80605b11b150ab4f0d213f.png

These chacters of Dead space 2, Clarke and Stross.

And the most Toxic character.

Catalina from GTA San andreas :messenger_grinning_squinting:

ed1fe6b2644157762c42817fdf4f7db3ed8ea3f0r1-1280-720v2_uhq.jpg

Sgt.Asher

Do you mean psychotic? Who is the most Psychiatric implies who would be the most qualified to be a mental health professional.

For psychotic: Yea the kid from Bully

Toxic: I dunno, I tend to forget those

Edit: okay i looked it up, yea psychiatric does imply mental instability, i never heard that before. So in this context I was wrong.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
"Who is the most psychiatric or toxic"
Ahhh, that sounds better and less insulting to someone who has worked in mental health for the last 10 years…also makes more sense, thanks
I misread it and edited my original post.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Ahhh, that sounds better and less insulting to someone who has worked in mental health for the last 10 years…also makes more sense, thanks
I misread it and edited my original post.
Not everyone speaks English as their first language. Maybe you're the one being insulting when it was pretty clear what he was trying to say. 🤷‍♂️ People should be a little more forgiving of extremely minor grammatical errors.

The Stig

Currently playing Yakuza 6, this dude made me worried about his metal health, several times.

EOsJWPGUYAASrHt.jpg
WTF? That's Tatsumi Naito the pro wrestler. What is he doing in yakuza?

Wow.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

Wow.
Holy shit. Does he do that "Tranquilo" thing in real life too?

Edit: well, yeah, of course he does. (1:06)

I guess it's like he's catchphrase or something? Looked so out of place in the game that it made me think the guy was just fucking crazy. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

The lead character in The Suffering:

Well, of course. Just look at the dude's chops. Absolute mad man.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
There's only one answer. Crazy can't get any better than this:

Xbox One Yakuza GIF by Xbox

I'm playing Yakuza 0 right now, and so far he seems pretty reasonable. But I've understood he goes batshit later on (don't spoil HOW though, I intend on somehow playing through the entire series).

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Douchebag on the left side of the image.
1ce4bc6fa328351680e25285d53deb63.jpg

Kratos too. I'd buy the next day 1 GOW if he's violently killed in the opening cinematic, never to return.

Take my money sony.

kratos-god-of-war-2018-3d-model-stl.jpg

Shift!

Mega Man X's Sigma is so toxic they had to completely change his motivations throughout his timeline twice.

Wow.
Yakuza 6 is full of pro wrestlers, and you can even recruit them for one of the minigames.

Off topic, but going forward I think this is going to be a big gap in future Yakuza games. There have been a crazy amount of "celebrities" featured as characters in past Yakuza games and I have a feeling it is because Nagoshi has a ridiculous rolodex - he just seems really, really plugged into the Japanese entertainment industry. I mean he got Takeshi Kitano to play a character what the fuck.

MikeM

Sephiroth. Identity crisis, summoning a small planet to crash into earth, stating mid sentence “I’m becoming one with the planet”, etc…

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
So Justin Beiber? Thought Canadians were nice.

If you have any love for the PS2 GTA games, you owe it to yourself to go back and play Bully, my man.

Trilobit

I'd say that Kass from Breath of the Wild is the best psychiatrist I've had in a game.

sOoBwuc.jpg

That whole world felt hostile to me and I was somewhat nervous most of the time for some reason. But whenever I'd hear Kass play on his accordion I'd feel very calm and I'd listen to him for a long time. It was like coming to a warm fire in the middle of a cold night. Great psychotherapy!

Last edited:
Top Bottom