• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is your favorite 80's film douchebag character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScOULaris

The 1980's was home to some of the all-time biggest douchebags and bullies to ever grace the silver screen. Back then, high school bullies in film were laughably evil and divinely detestable. They'd dropkick a kitten just for the fun of it before laughing maniacally and high-fiving their troupe of cronies and stealing a begrudging smooch from the hottest girl in school. So, GAF, who was your favorite of all the 80's film douchebags?

Mine is probably a popular choice, but I'll be going with the great Billy Zabka in his transcendant role in Just One of the Guys.

greg.jpg

Billy Zabka as Greg Tolan

To me, this was the pinnacle of high school bullies in film. Zabka set a high bar here that was never surpassed in my mind, which isn't surprising given the fact that he made a career on playing douchebags in the 80's and 90's. You might also remember him as the Cobra Kai hotshot that pesters Daniel-san throughout the entirety of Karate Kid (pictured below). I'm going with his role in Just One of the Guys over that one because he actually shows some hesitation and remorse when instructed to "sweep the leg" in his final battle with Daniel-san. There are no such chinks in his douchebag armor in Just One of the Guys, which is why it gets my top spot.

billy20zabka.jpg

William Zabka as John "Johnny" Lawrence

justjohn

That dude in robocop. I forget his name. He was sniffing coke with those two prostitutes when he was killed.

I remember watching the movie and he was actually the character that stood out for me. Just a complete and utter asshole.

Jabba_the_Hutt.png

Jabba the Hutt

Dude's always making people into wall art.

Biff is my real, forever and always favorite movie douchebag.

shuri

Banned
Revenge-of-the-Nerds-1984-80s-films-25843973-1280-720.jpg

The Alpha Betas.

Ogre turned out to be a misguided giant in the second flick, but in the first movies, the AB and The Coach were total monsters to the friendly nerds and constantly harassed them. They destroyed their homes, they kicked them out of the dorms; forcing them to sleep in the gym; the girlfriend of the leader mislead them into thinking that she and her frat sisters were coming over for a party but never came. They let pigs inside their home at that party, destroying and humiliating them.

The nerds managed to get back to them; but It could had ended horribly for them when the The Coach managed to talk the AB into giving them a gang beating. They were saved by the super awesome other Tri-Lambda who rushed to their help at the end.

edit: ah crap, someone posted them already :S

VARIA

I've always found Matthew Broderick's character in Ferris Bueller's Day Off to be a major unintentional douchebag.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
My favorites I don't see mentioned are Randolph and Mortimer Duke from Trading Places. The true honor easily goes to Biff or Zabka though.

DoubleTap

I also loved Sebastian Stan's portrayal of the 80s DBag in Hot Tub Time Machine and yes, the big 80s douche himself, Zabka had a cameo. Thought that was a nice touch.

10993_slide1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom