• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is your favorite 80's film douchebag character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
Since Sho'Nuff was already mentioned....

file_198151_0_Full_Metal_Jacket_R_Lee_Ermey.jpg

and

the Two Dollars kid from Better Off Dead:

better-of-dead-photo.jpg

legbone

michael bowen in valley girl was a real dirtbag. loved him as buck in kill bill as an aside (no it's not 80's).

spader was amazing in pretty in pink.

the zabka in the karate kid may be the king though.

I also loved Sebastian Stan's portrayal of the 80s DBag in Hot Tub Time Machine and yes, the big 80s douche himself, Zabka had a cameo. Thought that was a nice touch.

10993_slide1.jpg

No shit, nice catch. Nice touch by the makers as well. I like that film a lot. Great soundtrack too.

Skunkers

Definitely Biff.

Honorable Mention: Cheating, since the films came out in the 90s, but they are John Hughes films which still followed the exact same model as his 80s films: Buzz from the Home Alone movies.

We're talking douchebags, not villains right? some people mistake the 2 as being synonymous. Karate Kid may have 2 of the biggest douches in 80's film

I can do a top 20 list, but this is my highly subjective and probably wrong top 5 douchebags from the 80's

5) Mike Damone

10915683_ori.jpg

4) Teddy Beckerstead

4eae3f2ced2bc5ba1590d5cde1c7b1f3.jpeg

3) Hardy Jenns

som-kind-wonderful_l.jpg

2) Steff McKee

tumblr_kuwuugSEmN1qz6z0no1_500.jpg

1) Johnny Lawrence

johnny-lawrence.jpg

honorable mentions go to Biff from BTTF, IceMan from Top Gun, and Dutch from Karate Kid

YujI Okamoto(Sato's nephew) in Karate Kid 2

"You's a Coward"

Everytime he said that just wanted to kick him in the head..lol

Richard Dawson as Damon Killian in The Running Man.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I think a more intriguing question is who was the guy who played the most/best douchebags in the 80s across numerous films?

This is probably a three-way ladder match between David Patrick Kelly, Miguel Ferrer, and Michael Ironside. You can add Jonathan Banks and Billy Zabka for a run-in with steel chairs. Ronny Cox would be in the back, chewing on a cigar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom