• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's getting the Wii U version of COD Ghosts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it also doesn't make a lot of sense to me (then again I have very little clue on how the business world works in these instances). Wouldn't they make more money per copy from a digital sale rather than a physical one? I mean you don't have to give any money to a retailer or manufacture the disc + box anyways so that part of the expense is cut out.

I have a theory that Activision is under contract to release a predetermined amount of software for competing consoles and under that contract Nintendo just so happens to be on short end of the stick regarding digital software, which includes DLC.

Jrs3000

We would appreciate when you get to play more of the game for some impressions without spoilers from SP and the MP you can play locally.

Also if you had BOs 2 some comparisons to that would be awesome.

Gamepad features? Anything else you can add.

Thanks!

The story is action packed an no fps drops when its intense. I dont have bo2 on wii but this looks similar to it on xbox despite improvements to engine as they say. The gamepad is used for objectivesan a map.

EDarkness

I have a theory that Activision is under contract to release a predetermined amount of software for competing consoles and under that contract Nintendo just so happens to be on short end of the stick regarding digital software, which includes DLC.

Contract with whom, though? Though, I don't doubt there's something contract related here. However, they don't seem to be shy releasing games on other systems digitally. When I get back home, I should take a look at Activision's library on both the PS3 and Xbox 360. I haven't looked in a while.

Still, I hope Nintendo works something out with them.

prag16

Banned
Contract with whom, though? Though, I don't doubt there's something contract related here. However, they don't seem to be shy releasing games on other systems digitally. When I get back home, I should take a look at Activision's library on both the PS3 and Xbox 360. I haven't looked in a while.

Still, I hope Nintendo works something out with them.

I don't know the full extent, but Activision definitely has a PSN store presence, including CoD Ghosts preorders.

jmizzal

I've never been able to get an answer from them outside of "it's something we're looking into..." BS. I believe they're the only publisher with no games on the eShop, too. Even EA has games there, with the exception of Mass Effect 3 for some reason or another. I couldn't figure out why Activision never released DLC, even free DLC for the Wii U, so I started digging around and realized they don't support the eShop at all. Maybe someone with a real connection to them could ask. I'm just a small man on the pole and they won't really give me the time of day.

Still, shocked me that they didn't even put Angry Birds. It's crazy, folks. Crazy.

Do Activision even use any digital game service on consoles much for there games? I know COD BO2 didnt come out for download on XBL until months after launch.

Nothing lol. I played campaign for a few then save and quit. Extraction mode was just there.

Does Extraction mode have offline co-op, is it 2 or 4 players?
And is 4 player offline coop split screen still there for regular multiplayer

I just want to have a confirmation

Effect

I still do not understand Activision's refusal to put their games on the eShop. They do have their games on PSN and I assume Xbox Live. There is nothing at all stopping them from doing it as plenty of other publishers have put their game on the eShop, day and date with the others. Still waiting for the day when we can preorder and perhaps get some of the preorder content that way.

I'm on the gamepad playing but frame rate is excellent so far. The shots resolution could be lower because I'm on gamepad I guess? I'm new to the browser screens so someone let me know what to do if these screens are from gamepad instead of tv. When I go to minus and hit upload I have 2 images to choose from.

If no one has said it yet then the TV shot should be the first image. The second should be the gamepad. At least that's how they're presented when I've uploaded to imgur.

So if these images are from the gamepad I'd like see a TV shot to compare. If they look the same then this is likely going to be something I need to see in motion to know how good or bad it looks. Wii U games at the very least have taken advantage of the light effects the system offers. I'm curious if the lighting in the game is at all different.

EDarkness

Do Activision even use any digital game service on consoles much for there games? I know COD BO2 didnt come out for download on XBL until months after launch.

Perhaps they have something worked out with Sony since they offer pre-orders of CoD through the PSN. Hmmm...that's an interesting angle to research. Maybe I'll delve into it next week when I get back home.

popeutlal

Annnd the Amazon pre order canceled... no ground war is unpredictable. I loved playing BLOPS 2 the Wii U pad, will miss it so 😢

Effect

Still can't believe that's a total deal breaker. That mode had messed up spawns and worse lag...

I can understand it being a deal breaker for some though. This the same price as the other versions. Lack of DLC, which is extra content you have to pay for is one thing. This is a lack of a feature all other versions are getting but for the same price is another thing.

Now for me I don't care for ground war. I've never liked it. The maps aren't designed for it and there are no larger maps made specifically for it. Why it's even there never made sense to me. Now the ability to play with pointer controls and off-tv play on the gamepad greatly outweighs its loss. That's unique to the Wii U version. That's what we want with Wii U versions of games. Things no other version can do and we're lucky these options are part of the system out of the box. Something no other version will have. Which is a shame for PS3 players because they do have Move and it was used well in Resistance 3, MAG, and Killzone 3. However I can see how that isn't enough for some. It should be though in this case.

Zing

Banned
From the days of Quake, I have always preferred smaller multiplayer games. 6v6 sounds perfect.

I'm fairly certain I won't be able to resist buying this day one. It's ridiculous that it is the same price as every other version, though. It's as though Activision wants it to fail.

SmokeMaxX

From the days of Quake, I have always preferred smaller multiplayer games. 6v6 sounds perfect.

I'm fairly certain I won't be able to resist buying this day one. It's ridiculous that it is the same price as every other version, though. It's as though Activision wants it to fail.
Am i missing something? It has the same resolution and player cap as the 360 and ps3 versions right? Why wouldnt it be the same price ?

prag16

Banned
I can understand it being a deal breaker for some though. This the same price as the other versions. Lack of DLC, which is extra content you have to pay for is one thing. This is a lack of a feature all other versions are getting but for the same price is another thing.

Now for me I don't care for ground war. I've never liked it. The maps aren't designed for it and there are no larger maps made specifically for it. Why it's even there never made sense to me. Now the ability to play with pointer controls and off-tv play on the gamepad greatly outweighs its loss. That's unique to the Wii U version. That's what we want with Wii U versions of games. Things no other version can do and we're lucky these options are part of the system out of the box. Something no other version will have. Which is a shame for PS3 players because they do have Move and it was used well in Resistance 3, MAG, and Killzone 3. However I can see how that isn't enough for some. It should be though in this case.

PS360 version of Ghosts won't have ground war either.

ibpCEksYHytjdN.jpg

ieD6SsNE6LLVY.jpg

How about some screens from the TV? This has a very blown up look to it and actually looks almost 480pish, or the game simply has no AA.

This is what Blops 2 looks like from a Wii U TV screen shot:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01opui3.jpg

Jrs3000

How about some screens from the TV? This has a very blown up look to it and actually looks almost 480pish, or the game simply has no AA.

These are screens from the tv. I even changed the link in the last few shots so its the full image. The game doesn't have aa or if it do it's hard to tell as it a low resolution upscaled. It looks like they took the engine from mw3 which looked crappy to me and made ps360 version of ghosts then tried adding extra stuff from their new engine on next gen. Black ops looks better to me with a cleaner image. Just my opinion but I doubt they put much work into current gen an just did the copy paste approach while focusing effort on ps4 xb1. This wii u version is a straight port with the only thing up in the air is dlc support. They didn't even have the pre order map for wii u so I guess they are waiting to see how it sells. The game is worth a buy if you like Cod and have no urge to get next gen consoles.

EDarkness

No DLC support and minimal patch support for one.

No DLC because Activision isn't on the eShop. Until they start putting games there, we have no chance for DLC anything from them. Since the game won't even be available on the eShop when it launches, then it's safe to say they haven't changed their stance.

This conspiracy theory would embarrass Mel Gibson. Come on, man.

TheGhosts

Banned
I am not purchasing Call of Duty: Ghosts until Activision officially confirms that future DLC will be released for the Nintendo Wii U!!!

D-e-f-

Banned
I am not purchasing Call of Duty: Ghosts until Activision officially confirms that future DLC will be released for the Nintendo Wii U!!!

And Activision is not confirming future DLC until you buy Call of Duty: Ghosts. Everyone goes home in tears. :D

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher

Nah, that's not 880x720. The game won't have AA of that quality either.

Here's a shot from Black Ops 2. Ghosts runs at the same resolution.

gKy.jpg

...which looks very much like this...

ibpCEksYHytjdN.jpg

Jrs3000

any new info from Gaffer?

I'm going to play extraction for a few, it's only 2 player on the same console but you can play with up to 4 online.

EDIT: sorry can't do screens of gameplay, it doesn't allow you to hit the home button even doing local play. The mode is fun, I like it so far.

prag16

Banned
I'm going to play extraction for a few, it's only 2 player on the same console but you can play with up to 4 online.

EDIT: sorry can't do screens of gameplay, it doesn't allow you to hit the home button even doing local play. The mode is phone, I like it so far.

That's weird. BO2 was like that at launch, but then they changed it in a patch so that you COULD hit the Home button in more situations.

kek_lel

looking at these screenshots.. I'm really enjoying the color palette so far.
dat grey brownish mud
and it kinda looks really ugly

will probably get this game though
just not for full price

The wolves look so bad lol. Still going to get the game on WiiU, but damn it's certainly not looking good, even compared to BO2. Then again, I doubt the 360/PS3/WiiU version got anywhere near the attention that the next gen versions did.

Still, unless the PS4 version supports Move, there's no question in my mind about which version I'll get.

Schnozberry

Call of Duty always looks like you're playing at a decent looking game through a screen door, so I don't get the outrage really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom