• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's the better Spidey Villian: Venom or Green Goblin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

DS_395_Venom+coloured.jpg
Versus

I gotta go with the Green Goblin. The mastermind type troupe is much more compelling than Venom, who seems more like a beast in nature. I can't see Venom come up with elaborate plans like Norman Osbourne.

jph139

I don't mind Venom but honestly, come on, not even a contest. Even Osborn-as-Osborn is better than Venom.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Norman Osborn.

He's more scary without the costume.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I gotta go with Green Goblin.
I feel Venom is a better character when he's an anti-hero.

ultron87

I've never been a big fan of "mirror" villains that just have their own version of the hero's powers. Symmetrical fights are kind of blah. So GG all the way.

mernst23

God tier:
Venom
Green Goblin
Doc Ock

Meh tier:
Kingpin
Lizard
Carnage
Hobgoblin
Mysterio
Rhino
Electro

Garbage tier:
Vulture
Chameleon
Morbius
Sandman
Shocker
Scorpion

Venom. Green Goblin isn't bad (certainly better than stupid villains like the Rhino and Sandman), but Venom was Spider-Man's dark mirror. A theme that doesn't get old to me.

Lord Snow

Banned
Venom looks much cooler, but the Green Goblin's the better villain. He's definitely the first one that comes to mind when I think of a Spiderman villain anyway.

Neither it's
Doc Ock

I agree with this. Doc Ock is a better villain if only because of the ways he mirrors Spider-Man... they're both geniuses, both have an 8-limbed critter schtick, both bullied, etc.

Venom is essentially just evil Spider-Man on steroids and... I honestly don't see the appeal of the (classic) Green Goblin. He's just a garden variety nutter. They've transformed him into a crazy businessman politician type over the years, but its always felt weak. That said, I do like the Ultimate universe Osborn a lot more... I think because he was created from the get-go to be the crazy CEO type.

Slayven

Once you get past the jealous girlfriend( cause lets face it the symbiote just wants to be with peter again) then there isn't much there. But Osborn, dude is twisted 7 ways from Sunday.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
its the goblin. the only person whos fucked pete over more than him is currently enhabiting his body.

venom by far. made spider-man feel obsolete at times. his spider-sense couldn't detect him and he would always be outmatched (though spidey was smarter).

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Fucked Pete, yet wants Peter to be his son and heir.

he hasnt put two and two together. but getting his first love preggos and then killing her? he locked in the number one spot right there

and nice icon avatar

Mike M

Nick N
Rhino is better.

It's a big guy in a rhino costume. Let me write that again. It's a big guy in a rhino costume.

How could that not be the best Spidey villain ?

But since that's not part of the question: Venom. Mirror enemy never gets old.

Rhino's a bit more than a guy in a costume. Not much, but a bit. His suit has super durability and can't be removed and all that.

Osborn>Goblin>Venom. I love Venom's concept, but he really does work better as an antihero.

Slayven

he hasnt put two and two together. but getting his first love preggos and then killing her? he locked in the number one spot right there

and nice icon avatar

I am doing black heroes for the month.

I love how Osborn is so smart and controlling, but there is a thin layer between that and batshit crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom