• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why did Activison put a Sierra website up?

Wiktor

I'm not sure how interested I'd be in ports to non-PC platforms if that's what they're doing since so much of their catalogue is on GOG but I'd totally double dip for Phantasmagoria 2 on handhelds/mobile or a remaster since it's the best adventure/FMV game to come out of Sierra.

Phantasmagoria 2 better than Gabriel Knight 2? That's just plain wrong.

Billy Brown

Neo Member
My nostalgia gland is well and truly throbbing. New Police Quest would have me marking out big time.

Also, despite being a big point and click fan and playing the vast majority of Sierra adventure games, I somehow managed to completely miss the Quest for Glory games. It seems I need to rectify this immediately.

Miguel81

My nostalgia gland is well and truly throbbing. New Police Quest would have me marking out big time.

Also, despite being a big point and click fan and playing the vast majority of Sierra adventure games, I somehow managed to completely miss the Quest for Glory games. It seems I need to rectify this immediately.

There's a Quest for Glory II Remake by AGD Interactive. Start with the first(there's a VGA version), though, because you don't want to miss Erana's Peace.

TheHall

Gritty Reboot of The Incredible Machine?

Hitting a life like cat with a life like basketball has never been more gutwrenching!

YeSp

Neo Member
Damn thats some interesting news...now please bring back Gabriel Knight!

Will they make an announcement at the Sony Press conference next week?

jimi_dini

There's a Quest for Glory II Remake by AGD Interactive. Start with the first(there's a VGA version), though, because you don't want to miss Erana's Peace.

Ignore the VGA version, it's horrible. Better play the EGA original.

vdDWjfH.gif

<3

BYl8fEY.jpg

Sierra EGA gods <3

You can play Sierra EGA SCI games in ScummVM and disable the EGA dithering pass. Which will make them use almost 256 colors for the backgrounds.

Dithered original:
LR7Ut.png

Dithering pass disabled:
oyNyM.png

OtaQ

Neo Member
MAYBE because Activision is going to show an "new" game at the gamescom. I sent a message to a NeoGAF mod to open a new thread about it.

Activision is going to show 4 games at the gamescom:
Destiny
Skylanders
CoD

...and, a fourth one: *TOP SECRET*

Now it´s up to you (if you can open a thread @ NeoGAF, please do it, so we can talk about it in a seperat thread), what do you think this could mean?

1. ...just the PC-version of Destiny
2. a whole new game (maybe based on the Sierra games/licence?)
3. a mobile game, free2play, whatever, based on the known trademarks

Totbjorn

Neo Member
Well Jane Jensen is definitely doing a remake of Gabriel Knight 1 for Activision with the hope of being able to remake 2 and 3 too so I guess at least GK1 would be part of a new Sierra label.
They made that deal during Janes kickstarter so it might be possible that they are making deals with the other old Sierra PoC designers who have also resurfaced through kickstarters.
The GK1 remake seems to have a really low budget so I don't think they are willing to spend a lot of money on these remakes but I can definitely see a string of old Sierra remakes coming from this.
The Gabriel Knight and the Space Quest games are some of my favorite games from that era so I'm very happy with this possibility even if I would have liked some more budget/effort to make them shine.

Grief.exe

MAYBE because Activision is going to show an "new" game at the gamescom. I sent a message to a NeoGAF mod to open a new thread about it.

Destiny
Skylanders
CoD

Now it´s up to you (if you can open a thread @ NeoGAF, please do it, so we can talk about it in a seperat thread), what do you think this could mean?

Activision won't be discussing a potential PC version of Destiny until after the console version ships. Maximize sales that way.

It's hilarious how this thread is making us remember all manner of obscure and awesome Sierra classics.
Too bad we will in all likelihood be very much let down by what they announce, if anything.

Destiny
Skylanders
CoD

Gabriel Knight next-gen! Believe!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Why does anyone follow him? I ask because I do not know who he really is or why he seems so "important" (I don't watch SpikeTV much at all) but this picture tells me hes a sell out, and does not care about gaming, I mean look at his expression.

I just get the feeling he puts "Game journalist" to shame.
1.) He's a tv show host, not a journalist
2.) His Final Hours articles are very good and better than the vast majority of games journalism (important note, this is not his main job)
3.) He was a game tester for old Sierra titles so he presumably knows what's happening here through his connections

statham

It'll be at gamescom for sure. Hope its not new IPs but the old P&C ones. I want Police Quest and Space Quest.

Top Bottom