• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

why do most editions of popular books have terrible covers (also post your favorites)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sotha Sil

Part of the fun of going to a book store is just looking at the amazing book covers.

furia.jpg

Nice choice.

I really love the newer Discworld Covers.

Paul Kidby is amazing.

Fritz

Part of the fun of going to a book store is just looking at the amazing book covers.

duna_3d_alta.jpg

Agreed. I am double dipping all over the place because publishing seems to enjoy great simplistic covers nowadays.

The Dune cover is awesome but I remember one eition with a blue background and just silver stars sprinkled on it? which was really rad. Cannot find it online though.

cj_iwakura

I have an amazing Game of Thrones cover that shows Kings Landing, an armored knight, and Eddard in one corner with Cersei in the other, but I can't find an image of it.

I do love this Clash of Kings one:

a-clash-of-kings-martin_zps501e200d.jpg

Darkkn

Re-releases based on movie poster art are the worst. I wish Amazon gave an option to choose between different covers when buying kindle releases.

Kurtofan

Any of the American covers for any of Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels...

US;

k2HapYH.jpg

Ugh.

The new French edition hired a new artist instead of using the original covers:

Interesting Times

eyntoPWl.jpg

The original is way better but at least it's leagues ahead of the cheap looking US cover.

Edit: the new Soul Music cover made me smile

jTkBwWEl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom