• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why does GTA5 (current gen) look better than Watch Dogs (next gen)?

Aselith

It doesn't, IMO

Watch_Dogs definitely looks next gen while GTA V looks like bullshotted on this gen.

Don't kid yourself, they're both bullshots. Gameplay footage for Watch Dogs is going to be from PC version with high AA and whatnots not from a console version.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
dat bokeh:
idWTeUNDmazuG.gif

Im surprised so many people actually agree with this statement.

Watch_Dogs looks better than GTAV to me, by quite some margin actually.
When the character trailers came out i actually thought to myself, this looks like trash(hyperbole), im so ready for next gen and/or PC gaming has spoiled me.

Don't kid yourself, they're both bullshots. Gameplay footage for Watch Dogs is going to be from PC version with high AA and whatnots not from a console version.

DOesnt change the fact that from what we have seen Watch_Dogs looks better.....Vanilla for Vanilla the PC version still looks better than GTAV.

Current gen Watch_Dogs might not look that impressive(havent seen it) but nextgen Watch_Dogs is going to look not dissimilar to the PC videos we have seen, maybe only running at 30Fps as opposed to PC versions 120-fps

Permanently A

The rainy night in Watch_Dogs was far more impressive to me than anything shown in GTAV. Honestly I felt a lot of the animations for GTAV looked stiff and jerky (particularly Michael lying down and taking a drink from his glass).

UrbanRats

After Far Cry 3 i don't trust them anymore.
Even Maxed out on PC that come doesn't come close to the E3 demo.

Im surprised so many people actually agree with this statement.

Watch_Dogs looks better than GTAV to me, by quite some margin actually.
When the character trailers came out i actually thought to myself, this looks like trash(hyperbole), im so ready for next gen and/or PC gaming has spoiled me.

I think GTA V looks great, as far as art direction goes, and it even looks phenomenal as an ps360 open world game.
i1GxfMwYFbbmD.png

But speaking in general, the IQ is really bad, the textures are abysmal and the draw distance could be better.

It doesn't compare with WD, really.

When they will show Watch Dogs running on 360 and ps3, a comparison will make more sense.

zychi

Banned
gta videos are "cinematic" actual gameplay will not look like the trailers they keep showing. gta games NEVER look like the release trailers

sunnz

GTA V wont have anything on WD graphics.

Just like how WD wont have anything at all on the features, content and will last no were NEAR AT ALL compared to V. IMO obviously.

WD seems to be like MAFIA 2, open world, but very dead in terms of open world activities...

Um...

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_grand_theft_auto_v-22016-2397_0009.jpg[/MG]

[IMG]http://images.gamersyde.com/image_grand_theft_auto_v-22016-2397_0003.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://images.gamersyde.com/image_grand_theft_auto_v-22016-2397_0008.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/b3VsJ8E.jpg

Not saying this game doesn't look incredible, but the screenshots definitely don't paint a picture of what the actual games look like. At least, for current gen.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sleeping Dogs looks better than GTA5.

*runs*

UrbanRats

gta videos are "cinematic" actual gameplay will not look like the trailers they keep showing. gta games NEVER look like the release trailers
GTA IV, RDR and LA Noire trailers look like the final game.
Hopefully GTAV will, too.

FWIW, i love the colors in these two screens.

*runs*
How does it look on ps360? I've only played it on PC (which is amazing looking, of course).

watch dogs looks too fucking tight imo

not tuco tight, i mean not not natural tight

GTA looks NATURAL TUCO TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT YEEEEAAAH!

UrbanRats

Yeah I mean I think GTA V has a great art direction, but on a tech level it certainly doesn't blow me away.

Oh i agree.
I mean i don't blame them for putting the scale and the 3 characters thing ahead of IQ and assets, but the drawbacks are evident, unfortunately.
I can only hope for the PC version.

Also the wii version:

1280.jpg

OryoN

There's a point at which even a person's opinion has no place in a serious discussion. I wouldn't say the OP has crossed it... but it's damn sure pushing it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
How does it look on ps360? I've only played it on PC (which is amazing looking, of course).

Well, here are some Digital Foundry screenshots from the 360 version, since this is a fair question:

Cutscene:

360_015.png

Gameplay:

360_037.png

Distance:

360_000.png

Of course you can't do something like fly a plane in the game.

RoKKeR

On a technical level, it isn't. GTA has great art direction and color, but it doesn't have anything on Watch Dogs. Bokeh, multiple particle effects, higher resolution textures, etc., it looks pretty solid.

That's not to say GTAV will look bad, but again on a technical level it can't stand with Watch Dogs.

Yeah I mean I think GTA V has a great art direction, but on a tech level it certainly doesn't blow me away.

If those trailers are how the game will look on consoles, I think that's impressive. To be pushing 5x Red Dead's map with all that detail, more pedestrians, animals in the countryside/mountains, Euphoria physics, air and sea vehicles, jumping between 3 characters who can be across the map, etc. is pretty damn impressive on these ancient consoles.

I love Sleeping Dogs, but if they were doing what Rockstar's doing, that game would look hideous. Scale has to count for something.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
YEH SLEEPING DOGS

ibfra79wu4WZaL.gif

ikwCEXASRg7WS.gif

ixKWFQu7UZSjR.gif

No idea. Probably like arse.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If those trailers are how the game will look on consoles, I think that's impressive. To be pushing 5x Red Dead's map with all that detail, more pedestrians, Euphoria physics, air and sea vehicles, jumping between 3 characters who can be across the map, etc. is pretty damn impressive on these ancient consoles.

I love Sleeping Dogs, but if they were doing what Rockstar's doing, that game would look hideous. Scale has to count for something.

Oh by all means the game is really impressive for current generation consoles, it's just that I don't think it realistically is more visually impressive than Watch_Dogs.

Of course that's not an apples to apples comparison since Watch_Dogs isn't made for current gen consoles first and foremost.

I'm quite curious to see what Red Dead Revolution or GTA VI look like on next-gen.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

*runs*

catches up and shakes hand

Sleeping Dogs looks better than what ive seen of GTAV.

Watch_Dogs looks graphically more impressive than GTAV as well.
Whether Watch_Dogs has a current gen version or not doesnt really matter cuz as far as i can tell all we have seen is the PC(next-gen) version and that version def looks better than GTAV, in my eyes anyway.

Top Bottom