• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why does no one in Ace Attorney get married

MrBadger

So if ghosts are apparently valid testimony, why didn't Maya channel Mia to clear her name. Did Mia just not know who killed her? Why not do that for all of the murders?

You mean in Turnabout Sisters?
Because Maya wasn't able to use her powers unless the circumstances were super dire, and even then it was dodgy. By the time she's actually able to channel Mia, they've already accused Redd White

The general excuse for this is that Maya's untrained and channeling ghosts can have mixed results. Spirit of Justice
justifies them not doing this in different ways

Stopdoor

So if ghosts are apparently valid testimony, why didn't Maya channel Mia to clear her name. Did Mia just not know who killed her? Why not do that for all of the murders?

Along with the mention of the DL-6 incident, this is actually sort of a major mechanic in AA6.

Jeffrey

So how does the logistics work out if you have sex while channeling someone else anyways.

Especially legally once underaged mediums are involved.

Dang it, now my mind is in a weird place.

Menitta

You mean in Turnabout Sisters?
Because Maya wasn't able to use her powers unless the circumstances were super dire, and even then it was dodgy. By the time she's actually able to channel Mia, they've already accused Redd White

And in case 3 of AA3
she channeled Mia to get information from that perverted guy. The situation didn't seem that dire.

Verelios

The true OTP is Larry Butz x Adrian Andrews.

Don't believe me? Present Adrian's profile to Larry in 3-2.
Hasn't the poor woman suffered enough without also being the butz of another joke?
See, in Phoenix's case I could see them easily working in a small joke on how being a 35 year old man with a 17 year old daughter has made relationship building more than a little difficult for him. As for the rest, its honestly not that hard to figure out reasons for most of them, most of which in turn would be being too career minded to really think about it.
I somewhat remember Trucy knowing about Iris in AA5 or 4, would love it if she was a mother figure going forward.

MrBadger

I'm surprised there hasn't already been a trial where you represent someone (probably Larry) going through a divorce.

And then on the second day the ex-wife is murdered and he's the suspect because of course.

L Thammy

If they get married you can't ship them anymore.

Guilty Gear fucked up when Ky knocked up that five year old.

EDIT: I want Andrian Andrews to marry Aura Blackquill.

If they get married you can't ship them anymore.

Guilty Gear fucked up when Ky knocked up that five year old.

There's actually a lot of truth to this. A lot of tv shows see their ratings drop once the characters who previously had sexual tension finally get together or get married.

L Thammy

So how does the logistics work out if you have sex while channeling someone else anyways.

Especially legally once underaged mediums are involved.

Dang it, now my mind is in a weird place.

Google "Phoenix Drive". Thank me later.
COOL BEANS

Top Bottom