• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why doesn't Tony Stark like to be handed things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
If I were rich, I would have people hand things to my assistant as well. I would also put on a brand new pair of socks and underwear on everyday!

Slayven

BP hands him shit all the time, like five across the lips

pantherslap.png

And ass whoppings.

576437-102sd.jpg

Calamari41

41 > 38
Reading the GAF you'd think Black Panther is the most popular and beloved superhero in the world. Reminds me of the Deadpool hysteria circa ~2006.

I looked into this before and found someone explaining this:

He grew up signing anything someone handed too him, taking anything anyone gave him etc. This resulted in all the bad things and weapon dealing he dealt with in the first movie. The terrorists, his old pal iron monger etc. After the first movie events happened, he no longer trusts anything someone hands him, hence he doesn't get handed stuff he wants.

Makes sense kind of.

akira28

Why does Tony keep building "X-Buster" armors? Why has he not learned that they never, ever work?!

He can't help himself. He sees a "problem" he has to try and fix it, even though he really should stick to practical material applications and solutions, so we can avoid issues like the Super Hero Registration Program and the Super Hero Civil War that followed. Stay away from the philosophy and the conceptual, or at least listen to his advisors (he never does because he always knows better and then we have to see him tearfully stare down a bottle of booze. Wondering where he went wrong in life.)

Slayven

Did any of Stark's buster suits ever bust what they were designed to bust?
They more often end up making things worse. But his second hulkbuster would have worked if they hadn't stolen his SPIN( Super Power Inhibiting Nanites) missile.
Reading the GAF you'd think Black Panther is the most popular and beloved superhero in the world. Reminds me of the Deadpool hysteria circa ~2006.

tumblr_mrl0rbF2hR1rhhrvto1_400.gif

Slayven

It seems like the only redeemable thing about Tony Stark is that RDJ ended up playing him in the movies. He seems like such a terrible character.

Stark is not a bad guy, just forgets he isn't always the smartest person in the room. Now Reed and Xavier? Universe class asshole.

who's smarter? pym, banner or reed?

btw slayven have you seen ang lee hulk recently? is that strongest hulk on film? dude seemed to grow exponentially with his rage. and he threw a tank like a shot-putt lmao.

Slayven

btw slayven have you seen ang lee hulk recently? is that strongest hulk on film? dude seemed to grow exponentially with his rage. and he threw a tank like a shot-putt lmao.

They all in the same general area, but Pym and Banner have some specialties over Reed.

Yeah Ang Lee hulk was crazy.

zeemumu

Reed is supposed to be the smartest in general science, I believe.

akira28

It seems like the only redeemable thing about Tony Stark is that RDJ ended up playing him in the movies. He seems like such a terrible character.

The writers can't decide it they want to make him the asshole who is always trying to redeem himself, or the genius with a dark history who has learned his lesson. Every time they get a new writer they start the cycle again. It's almost like they all know an asshole in their lives and they mold Tony around them. Every arc he has to shun and alienate his friends, make things super awkward with Pepper Potts, battle with the bottle, show himself as a dick to Pym and sometimes Reed Richards, and fuck up his life and business, so that he can rebuild again. It's like the writers don't know how to write a happy and successful Stark any more than writers can make a happy and level headed unobsessed Batman. They just don't know how. And the few that do, eventually have to turn it over to someone else, and they break everything down so Tony can rebuild it again.

inky

Kinda, yes. Now imagine growing up reading comics because you love the suit and knowing that guy is always inside.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Why does Stark need to build a suit for black panther? It's not like panther isnt a human, the standard suit should be enough granted he's careful.

yogloo

The writers can't decide it they want to make him the asshole who is always trying to redeem himself, or the genius with a dark history who has learned his lesson. Every time they get a new writer they start the cycle again. It's almost like they all know an asshole in their lives and they mold Tony around them. Every arc he has to shun and alienate his friends, make things super awkward with Pepper Potts, battle with the bottle, show himself as a dick to Pym and sometimes Reed Richards, and fuck up his life and business, so that he can rebuild again. It's like the writers don't know how to write a happy and successful Stark any more than writers can make a happy and level headed unobsessed Batman. They just don't know how. And the few that do, eventually have to turn it over to someone else, and they break everything down so Tony can rebuild it again.

The problem with most long running comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom