• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why EA and Konami need to look at NBA 2K. (Wall of text inside, 2000 baud warning)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
EA and Konami just need some serious competition in this -now empty as hell- genre, in the past generations we got tons of other studios making football games like Actua Soccer, This is Football, SEGA Worldwide Soccer,Virtua Soccer..ect now because of love of licensed clubs and leagues we only have two football series that don't improve that much.

Blablurn

Also coming from the football area, nba 2k impressed the shit out of me. I totally agree with the op. Todays football games totally suck in terms of presentation.

I remember one scenario from 2k. I threw the ball in the last second, and it also was the throw for the win. Since the buzzer started, they went for an extra replay to see if i really threw the ball before the shotclock has stopped. So fucking intense. U see the refs looking at the screen, and the commentators talking about it.

Obviously football doesnt feature rules like this but it was just great to see a moment like this. Totally staring at the screen, waiting for the outcome... Sooo good!

Oh and btw,

LETS GO HEAT!

Takao

Banned
Konami should get the MLB license and start releasing reskinned Pro Yakyua and Powapro baseball games in the west since 2K's exclusivity deal is expiring.

Talon

NBA 2K series is great but EA's NHL series deserves a ton of credit, too.

Those have been the sterling sports game franchises this generation.

Fjordson

Yeah, NBA 2K is fucking great. I was out of the loop with sports games for years and years until 2K11. Had a lot of fun with 2K12 as well. I think I had over 90 hours on it last time I checked on Raptr. The My Player mode is just so addicting. Basically a basketball RPG.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Konami should get the MLB license and start releasing reskinned Pro Yakyua and Powapro baseball games in the west since 2K's exclusivity deal is expiring.

EA didn't got MLB The Show lead director from Sony for nothing you know.

BadAss2961

I have a ton load of hours clocked into the NBA2K games. Each year recently they make improvements and change things just enough so that there's a learning curve all over again. So despite playing it all the time, whenever a new 2K comes out i'm struggling against the AI.

Thank the sports gods for this and MLB The Show.

Top Bottom