• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why is a sealed copy of Zelda OoT worth so much?

MNC

Because many rose-tinted goggles people view it as a holy grail of games. Which I don't get playing it for the first time a year ago. Felt dated, slow, boring, and easy. It did have some nice music though. If it was an unopened ALttP I would justify a high price. Same for FF6 unopened.
Ofcourse its gonna feel dated, the game was released x years back

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Guys, with a bit of tweaking, VII and VIII PC are the 'superior' versions. :)

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
There was a sealed copy of Radiant Silvergun at Super Potato in Tokyo for $800-ish.

And the people who played that game way back when can now afford to indulge in their nostalgia.

Suairyu

Banned
Guys, with a bit of tweaking, VII and VIII PC are the 'superior' versions. :)
This is certainly true of VIII; I never played VII PC.

DVD-resolution backgrounds and FMVs, rather than the lower resolution you get on the Playstation. Higher resolution (obviously) on the 3D models allowing you to see so much more detail. For example, I always thought the caretakers were these weird alien things. It was only on PC I could see their human faces.

In the past, the only drawback was the music, but these days you can just install a Playstation sound font and it'll be just like it was meant to be.

VIII PC is love.

SMT

This is certainly true of VIII; I never played VII PC.

DVD-resolution backgrounds and FMVs, rather than the lower resolution you get on the Playstation. Higher resolution (obviously) on the 3D models allowing you to see so much more detail. For example, I always thought the caretakers were these weird alien things. It was only on PC I could see their human faces.

In the past, the only drawback was the music, but these days you can just install a Playstation sound font and it'll be just like it was meant to be.

VIII PC is love.

A testimony from a BOSS gamer, there you have it folks.

I'd say wait for the inevitable re-make of VII before delving deep into the world of Aerith murders and materia. Play Crisis Core for now!

Top Bottom