• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Widescreen support in Beyond Good & Evil [PC] finally possible(?)

Just found this: http://www.gog.com/forum/beyond_good_and_evil/widescreen_fix

Hi everyone.

I wrote a little fix, that should remove stretching and make the game use as much space as possible while maintaining a 16:9 aspect ratio.

Download: www.goo.gl/2Cltb

Just drop the files in the zip in the same Directory as the BGE exe. Also if you've changed the NoBands value in the registry, you should change it back to 0.

If you get an Error message like "DirectX 9 was not installed properly" or "This application has failed to start because D3DX9_43DLL was not found ", you first need to run DXSetup in the Redist subfolder.

I've also included a way to overwrite the game's resolution setting, which might help the people having issues under Windows 8, though i haven't tested it since I don't use Windows 8. Just change the value bUseOverwrite in d3d9 ini to true and setX and setY to your desired resolution.

Someone try it :p

epmode

Does this version have controller support?

Sadly, no.

You can hack in semi-shitty controller support with something like XPadder but it's not the same.

In related news, the controller support in the HD console ports was shitty as well.

Sadly, no.

You can hack in semi-shitty controller support with something like XPadder but it's not the same.

In related news, the controller support in the HD console ports was shitty as well.

Seriously? Why? Shouldn't the HD ver. control close to identical to the original console version?

gdt

The camera is fucked in the HD version. You can't invert the horizontal (you can do it to the vertical though)....it seems small but it made the game unplayable for me and a lot of other people.

The controller controls suck in the PS3 version. The game allows you to invert controls, but it inverts both controls, which is just plain stupid, so it's basically unplayable for me. I don't think control polish were a huge priority with the HD ports.

Edit: heh, beaten

Mit-

So did the controls not suck in the old version? Could you invert any camera axis however you wanted?

Top Bottom