• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii 2 (Project Cafe): Officially Announced, Playable At E3, Launching 2012 [Updated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

izakq

Amir0x said:
Ahh I'll never forget the epic threads arguing with a few select Wii fanboys who were convinced Sadness was a reason to get excited for Wii and swore to me that the game was real because they licensed that engine

those were some of the best threads ever

Where's that "It's still real to me, dammit!" wrestling fan pic when you need it?

watershed

Banned
Hang on everybody she is reading Gaf and has a response to all you haters!

Emily Rogers
Posted April 29, 2011 at 4:31 pm
1) Saying I modified a typo on a document doesn’t automatically mean I created the document. That’s called making assumptions. If I was going to hide something, I wouldn’t have said I modified it 1 minute after modifying it.

2) Every developer on that list has made a game for Nintendo except for Valve. So that list isn’t exactly bogus.

3) I said like 50 times in the article that I don’t trust the document and neither should anyone else. I’m posting it up for entertainment value since its a slow news day.

4) I get nothing and lose nothing if people believe my rumors or not. It’s up to the websites to decide if my stuff is worth posting about. I don’t tell websites and forums to post my rumors and stuff. Websites should have the integrity not to post something if they think it is false. So if you think I’m after hits, that is definately not the case. I blog for my own amusement.

5) No, I did not make this document up.

I said the system wouldn’t launch until 2012. Then Nintendo confirmed it. I said Pikmin 3 was coming to Project Cafe. Two weeks later, Miyamoto starts talking about Pikmin 3. I said Rockstar was coming, other sites reported Rockstar after me. I said Retrostudios was working on a game that wasn’t Metroid. Then everyone started writing their own articles about whether their working on Star Fox or Eternal Darkness.

Point blank, majority of the stuff I post ends up getting posted by other sites like 01.net.

Basically every other site is playing follow the leader with rumors and I’m the leader. Everyone else just takes my rumors and builds on them to make them sexier.

Every article I’ve written has told you to take everything with a pinch of salt. Never have I thrown stuff out there and claimed it as true. I’ve always labeled stuff as rumors that you should take with a pinch of salt. But I don’t post just any rumors unless I feel there is some validity to them.

Read more: http://gameolosophy.com/consoles/wi...-of-major-publishers-for-wii-2/#ixzz1KwkxGY9K

Amir0x

Banned
Basically every other site is playing follow the leader with rumors and I’m the leader. Everyone else just takes my rumors and builds on them to make them sexier.

HahahahahahahhahahahahahhahyHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

ant1532

Banned
The first rumors that came out were forced out by Nintendo. The official memo put out at the investor's meeting is in other words the end of their forced out leaks until they reveal it at E3 now. There will be no real or authentic leak until E3. C'mon guys.

Haunted

I'm already tired of the cafe puns.

Is this one of those times where the codename is unrelated to the product, or is it somehow connected to the philosophy behind the system, I wonder.

watershed

Banned
GDGF said:
Let's call her on her bluff.

I want to see these Cafe game screenshots she supposedly is hoarding.

I already know what its gonna be. Its gonna be a screenshot of a 3rd party game like Capcom's recently announced Dragon Dogma which is already multi-platform. BUT there will be extra shinies thrown in and a custom hud with a big "A" button for attack.

Amir0x

Banned
Alright let's just cap this shit. Don't post Emily Rogers "rumours" on neoGAF anymore.

Emily Rogers, if you're reading this, stop being dumb. Nobody cares about your made-up Nintendo rumours.

Sadist

Retro said:
She lets people fill her up so she can fill us in. :lol
ZTCUa.png

Ashodin

artwalknoon said:
I already know what its gonna be. Its gonna be a screenshot of a 3rd party game like Capcom's recently announced Dragon Dogma which is already multi-platform. BUT there will be extra shinies thrown in and a custom hud with a big "A" button for attack.
In green!

Amir0x said:
Alright let's just cap this shit. Don't post Emily Rogers "rumours" on neoGAF anymore.

Emily Rogers, if you're reading this, stop being dumb. Nobody cares about your made-up Nintendo rumours.
I'd say wait until the screenshot happens. If it's an entirely new game, let's pick it apart, then shut it down.

But you're the baws.

watershed

Banned
Amir0x said:

Can we wait till may 10th instead? She just commented that something is happening on May 10th. If its nothing it will be real obvious, and if its real then we'll know she's got something. Off hand does the date may 10th mean anything in upcoming gaming news to anyone?

artwalknoon said:
Can we wait till may 10th instead? She just commented that something is happening on May 10th. If its nothing it will be real obvious, and if its real then we'll know she's got something. Off hand does the date may 10th mean anything in upcoming gaming news to anyone?
I'll consult my bible and/or necronomicon and get back to you.

StevieP

Banned
artwalknoon said:

I'm sure if there's something actually worthwhile, from any source, it will be posted here (Emily Rogers or not) but thus far it's provided only a good laugh I guess.

antonz

She is right in the fact she stated the rockstar stuff etc first before 01net and IGN ran with similar stories.

I dont think she has any real connections but stuff she says is being advertised by other sites as their own scoops

Door2Dawn

Banned
Amir0x said:

Why the hell not? They're rumors, so rumors should be posted here.

Amir0x

Banned
Because they're fake BS and it's derailing the thread.

Anymore questions, shoot it to PM, because it won't be done here.

Bizzyb

Banned
Door2Dawn said:
Why the hell not? They're rumors, so rumors should be posted here.

The document is beyond fake, but her other "rumors" turned out to be somewhat credible as other sites picked them up. Amirox is just trying to flex his "mod power", whatever.

can't wait till may 10th

Amir0x

Banned
Bizzyb said:
The document is beyond fake, but her other "rumors" turned out to be somewhat credible as other sites picked them up. Amirox is just trying to flex his "mod power", whatever.

can't wait till may 10th

Now I'm flexing my "mod power." Discussion of this site is over, time to move on topic.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Now that I think about this again, now matter what the console is, if Nintendo doesn't have some bomb games ready I won't give the thing two looks. There's gotta be some kind of higher standard for launch games from now on, 3DS felt pretty much the same as most console/handheld launches before that. I can't seem to grasp how people can let this shit just fly like that. Let your fucking system sit in the warehouses for another year so developers can make some worthwhile games or get devkits out much earlier

Something's got to change, will Nintendo do that? Will there be at least 3 proper franchise 1st party titles right on day 1? Can I pick up 5 more 3rd party games that would be considered must haves?

Door2Dawn

Banned
Teetris said:
Now that I think about this again, now matter what the console is, if Nintendo doesn't have some bomb games ready I won't give the thing two looks. There's gotta be some kind of higher standard for launch games from now on, 3DS felt pretty much the same as most console/handheld launches before that. I can't seem to grasp how people can let this shit just fly like that. Let your fucking system sit in the warehouses for another year so developers can make some worthwhile games or get devkits out much earlier

Something's got to change, will Nintendo do that? Will there be at least 3 proper franchise 1st party titles right on day 1? Can I pick up 5 more 3rd party games that would be considered must haves?
Or you could not buy game systems at launch.

Teetris said:

Holy hell, what kind of free time do you have that you want 8 games on the first day?

Damnit Bizzyb. It wasn't worth it man, it just was not worth the ban. I see where you are coming from, but in all honesty, the rumors being listed in here are going a little bit farther than unfunny joke posts and on to multi-page catastrophes.

Any who...it's almost time. Hopefully Nintendo follows suit with their plan for the wii and announces the name and controller a bit early so we can get it out of our system. I'm really hoping to see what their defining software will be that shows off its capabilities and potential. So many questions...just so many questions...

Give us a bone nintendo. Hell, just tell us what color it is. That alone will last us until e3 lol

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
AceBandage said:
Holy hell, what kind of free time do you have that you want 8 games on the first day?
The amount of free time that allows me to have some variety instead of playing a game or two for a whole month?

Door2Dawn said:
Or you could not buy game systems at launch.
Which is my stance for awhile now, but there's gotta be some kind of moral stuff attached to all this. You can simply say don't buy at launch and be the smart consumer, but I like to think video gaming is more than just that now. What other industry has to serve it's most loyal fans as much?

I think we'll get some hints as to what we can expect in the eShop update next month.
\
Teetris said:
The amount of free time that allows me to have some variety instead of playing a game or two for a whole month?

Which is my stance for awhile now, but there's gotta be some kind of moral stuff attached to all this. You can simply say don't buy at launch and be the smart consumer, but I like to think video gaming is more than just that now. What other industry has to serve it's most loyal fans as much?

Expecting say... Mario, Zelda and F-Zero out on day one is just crazy. There's no reason for it at all.

watershed

Banned
I think the default console color will be white or mostly white with some colored details. That way it keeps some portion of the wii look even if the console does look like a modernized SNES. Also the clean white look is very appealing to consumers and especially friendly towards casual gamers. Though if they really want to go hardcore Nintendo could release a shiny black toaster oven like the phat ps3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom