• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii-bay, $1025

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
damn. too bad my amazon preorder doesnt let me take a picture of my recipt proving I have the preorder. That shit would so be on ebay right now.

Papi

WTF?
what_smile.gif

Zeed

Banned
...Wow.

Should I sell mine, or shouldn't I...

On one hand, Trauma Center.

On the other, $1000.

Shit, this is tough.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Shinoobi said:
Well yea, the memomery stick is what's driving up the price!

The 1GB SD card can be found for like $20 too....but I'm assuming he's paying the insanely priced $60 version

I really didn't expect this. You should be able to find one easily on launch day. I guess anyone stupid enough to buy it has it coming

My instinct is that Nintendo has a ridiculous amount of these coming, that we should all sell ours and get 5 more, and we should contribute some money to get NEOgaf a new server. It will be called the WiiServer

If this legitimately goes through, the seller should write Microsoft a nice little thank you letter. The 360 shortages must have gotten a lot of local media coverage. There are probably a lot of spooked and obviously uneducated people that more than likely don't know the massive numbers Nintendo will be shipping for Wii. ASSumptions, FTW!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wario64 said:
The 1GB SD card can be found for like $20 too....but I'm assuming he's paying the insanely priced $60 version

He was making fun of the typo.

suaveric

Amir0x said:
If Wii starts going for $1000 after it comes out, I'm selling it.

It won't happen then. There will be too many, save for maybe that first week. Now looks like a good time to strike though!

StoOgE said:
damn. too bad my amazon preorder doesnt let me take a picture of my recipt proving I have the preorder. That shit would so be on ebay right now.
Wouldn't looking at your order history or conformation e-mail be enough? I mean you could probably print out either of those then snap a picture or something.

AniHawk

There seems to be an enormous amount of people who think they wont get a system at launch. They've equated system launch with system sellouts.

MrDaravon

AniHawk said:
There seems to be an enormous amount of people who think they wont get a system at launch. They've equated system launch with system sellouts.

Which is true a lot of the time to be fair. Casuals are hearing all this stuff about PS3's being super hard to get, so they assume the same will be true for the Wii.

AniHawk said:
very true. non gamers (think parents) are going to see ps3 madness and shoratages and not really know thats its going to be very different for the Wii. I'm sure some people are choking on money and don't even care. They WILL have a launch console, even if 5 minutes of serching would tell you to save you bucks.

Jiggy

The admitted downside of having so many in stock: very small window of opportunity to capitalize.

Man, maybe I should preorder after all.

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
is this a sign that there will be alot of wiis sold?

edit: or come to think of it this is a sign that people are morons. disregard my question.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
just a sign of a panic-stricken, consumer-driven public conscience imagining little billy's face streaming with tears on christmas morning because he doesn't have a wii.

imagine the n64-kid video, but instead of ripping open the package he rips open his sister.
something like that.

Sean

Banned
There is still a few minutes left in the bid, I'm sure it will go up even a bit higher.

It's crazy to spend that much money on a Wii, there will be plenty of them at launch.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Jiggy37 said:
The admitted downside of having so many in stock: very small window of opportunity to capitalize.

Man, maybe I should preorder after all.

The window of opportunity seems to be before the system even comes out and people are smacked in the face by reality.

Anamoly

Link648099 said:
For 3 auctions?

That is just sad. Who in their right minds spends that kind of money at this point in time? EB/Gamestop/bestbuy/circuit city etc. haven't even started taking online preorders yet! ****ing idiots! If nintentdo's past launches are anything to by the Wii should not be difficult to find day one unless you're some kind of homely mole-person.

U have got to be kidding me ¬_¬. For a 1000 Samolians? R u gamers that impatient? For that kind of money I could by a lot of Wii games, extra controllers, several VC download n SD card.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
dragontail2k6 said:
U have got to be kidding me ¬_¬. For a 1000 Samolians? R u gamers that impatient? For that kind of money I could by a lot of Wii games n extra controllers.

you can't even be bothered to type out the following words which are rudimentary to the english language:
- you
- are
- and

and you speak of a lack of patience

Hadji

Banned
I wonder how spoilt you'd have to be to not be patient enough and by a console for a price that absurd...

beelzebozo said:
you can't even be bothered to type out the following words which are rudimentary to the english language:
- you
- are
- and

and you speak of a lack of patience

Look am not writing a written composition here professor unless there would surprise exam that would be held on a message board. :lol

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
dragontail2k6 said:
Look am not writing a written composition here professor unless there would surprise exam that would be held on a message board. :lol

basik riting skillz r nice tho

OK class lets start with our first english sentence, follow my lead *points writing on blackboard*.

Say 'Me so Horny Me Love u Long Time.'

:lol :lol

Top Bottom