• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Custom Sound Tracks Confirmed!!!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Good news cause the Excite Truck music SUCKS

There's a 100 mp3s limitation though, lame

How to Select Music Tracks
1. Insert your SD Card into the Wii console.

2. Begin or continue a game and enter any race. Before the race begins, press + on the Wii Remote to access the Sound Options screen.

3. Select the "SD Card" option.

4. Any MP3 files available on your SD Card will be displayed (100 songs maximum). To choose a specific song for the race you are about to enter, highlight that song. You can also choose to randomize all songs shown for that course. Highlighting "Default" will play the standard in-game music.

5. Press 1 to return to the Sound Options menu, then 1 again to return to the pre-race screen. You can also use the "Sound" command at any point during the race to change the current song.

ant1532 said:
Is this just ExciteTruck?

For now, the only game we know of is Excite Truck. Other games will probably be announced later on.

Hopefully Battalion Wars, Super Mario Strikers, Madden, and other games allow for custom sound tracks. Nintendo shouldn't be the only ones using this feature.

Terrell

Vaandaviii said:
Wii custom lack of proper storage confirmed too.
Using a solid-state hardware standard is a "lack of proper storage"? I just thought it was limited, but equally viable.

Keep talking like that, and we'll be going back to proprietary memory cards with the next console. Yeah... I went there.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
futurama13.jpg

"Good news, everyone!"

andthebeatgoeson

Come on Matt, get a 4 GB SD card and see if it works. He's probably playing Zelda. I haven't seen that much bitching about getting the console late or whatever. Everybody got theirs today. He's been moaning about it for awhile. He was even bitching in the video where he got it.

'Nine whole days'

Give me a ****in break. Just be happy you have it.

fresquito

skinnyrattler said:
Come on Matt, get a 4 GB SD card and see if it works. He's probably playing Zelda. I haven't seen that much bitching about getting the console late or whatever. Everybody got theirs today. He's been moaning about it for awhile. He was even bitching in the video where he got it.

'Nine whole days'

Give me a ****in break. Just be happy you have it.
Well, having nine days to review a pile of games is not enough reason to be happy, you know...

AniHawk

Whoa. I wasn't expecting custom soundtracks at all for Wii. That was my favorite plus from the Xbox, and I was disappointed that Wii probably wouldn't support it. I hope more games use this in the future though.

fresquito

I wonder if you can store them in the flash memory and listen them from there... having to plug in your sd card every now and then can be a pain in the ass, not to say that I don't have a sd card, but a MP3 player that works via USB :)

Jiggy

This better be supported in a lot of games, since it is probably the best thing Microsoft ever brought to the gaming table.
I'll now hope more than ever that WWE somehow wrestles (no pun intended) their license away from THQ, that they give the license to EA, and that EA turns development over to AKI. Custom soundtracks aren't suited to many things more than games where your characters have entrance themes.

fresquito

Jiggy37 said:
This better be supported in a lot of games, since it is probably the best thing Microsoft ever brought to the gaming table.
I'll now hope more than ever that WWE somehow wrestles (no pun intended) their license away from THQ, that they give the license to EA, and that EA turns development over to AKI. Custom soundtracks aren't suited to many things more than games where your characters have entrance themes.
Well, I'd say they're suited for almost every arcade out there. Playing Monkey Ball without having to stand the techno-like music would be a bless (not to talk about playing F-Zero GX with the F-Zero X soundtrack :D)

I can't wait to fill my Excite Truck with cussing.

Time to go get a memory card reader for my computer to transfer songs. I can't seem to do it through my digicam.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
You really couldn't even call the music in EXCITE TRUCK!! butt rock. It's a kin to shit you find on those liscense free sounds websites. Thank god for this option.

Dahbomb

EphemeralDream said:
"Taste the blood
Taste your fate
Swallow your pride
With your hate"

You guys didn't like this after hearing it a 1000 times? Strange.
This is exactly why Custom Soundtracks should be an option for ALL next-gen games... :lol

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
You could probably just copy them onto a card in a digital camera, if you've got one that uses SD. I assume this would work.

I am going to be listening to nothing but Loretta Lynn while playing Excite Truck.

bengraven

I suppose the ProDuo cards wouldn't work? I have a few laying around that I don't want anymore; would be nice to put them to use.

NotWii

Banned
SailorDaravon said:
Why the heck haven't they mentioned this as a selling point?
Nintendo has a way of not showing the best side to their games/systems.

Like when they hid the GameCube Zelda trailer this E3, not promoting Metroid Prime at all, etc. etc.

dock

Does anyone know whether the Wii can take 4gb or 8gb SD cards? I would like to pick one up for stuff like this, and transferring stuff to my Wii, but I'm not sure whether it is compatible with the high capacity cards.

Top Bottom