• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Custom Sound Tracks Confirmed!!!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I think the reason they havent mentioned it is because its most likely a excite truck feature and not something built into the hardware.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
bengraven said:
I suppose the ProDuo cards wouldn't work? I have a few laying around that I don't want anymore; would be nice to put them to use.

Nope, gotta be one of the SD's. SD, MiniSD, MicroSD's should work, as long as you have the adapter for the mini/micros

Ristamar

Awesome. There's a definitely more than a few games to which I'd love to add a custom soundtrack. Props to MS/Xbox for initiating this as a viable feature.

sp0rsk said:
I think the reason they havent mentioned it is because its most likely a excite truck feature and not something built into the hardware.
Actually, you can play MP3's from the SD card in the Photo Channel as you browse and do slideshows.
I think the reason the Wii doesn't have a dedicated player for controlling the ability to play any music over any game is that Nintendo don't feel it necessary to have the feature available for every game and would rather the developers enabled that ability within specific game options.

Rocked

I think butt rock would go well with a truck game. :D Nice to have the option though. You could just make a playlist on your PC and bring it over. No ripping disks.

StRaNgE

Banned
Ronin said:
Excite Truck still has that shitty buttrock?

we can be very very thankfull that it is not hip hop!

buttrock>hiphop otherwise know as C-Rap

(not that the soundtrack of generic buttrock is any good either) :lol

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
does the wii not recognize usb memory sticks?

whats the point of the usb port???

i have a 2GB usb memory stick that would be so great for this.

:(

NotWii

Banned
Bluemercury said:
does anyone knows how's the compatibility of using micro-sd with an sd adapter on devices for sd only?
A microSD + SD Adapter should be compatible with everything that is SD compatible.

As far as I know, microSD and SD share the same tech, just one is smaller. All the adapter does is connect the microSD's metal contacts to the SD contacts.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
to those bitching about 100 songs, 360 has (or at least had) a limit of 100 songs per playlist.. I really don't see this as too much different. the only way you can "choose" more than 100 songs on the 360 is to either play all songs on shuffle or a single artist on shuffle. so really this doesn't seem too much different from that in that respect..

though it would be nice if this were standardized across the system.

Thraktor

Is there any info on whether any other audio formats are supported? Everything I've got is in AAC, so it'd be a bitch to have to transcode a load of it to MP3 just for Excite Truck.

G4life98 said:
do we have a concrete answer on whether or not usb hard drives will work?
I remember Perrin Kaplan or someone saying no quite clearly a while ago, but I can't remember what interview that was.

Top Bottom