• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii in stock (walmart.com)

aceface

Just FYI: I was at Target in Cheektowaga, NY today (it's a suburb of Buffalo) and they had about 10 Wiis just sitting on the shelf. Sadly, I don't have enough money to justify the purchase. :( But any Western New York or Southern Ontario Gaffers might want to get on that.

mm04

These bundles are ridiculously priced. I got caught up in all the Wii hype over the holidays and tried like hell to find one in the stores. But now that time has passed and I STILL can't find one, I'm pretty much over wanting one. Knowing that this isn't cutting edge hardware and that a lot of these stores are strategically holding them for specific dates has completely turned me off to it. It still blows my mind that they're not shipping enough of these things.

mm04

ZeoVGM

Banned
mm04 said:
Knowing that this isn't cutting edge hardware and that a lot of these stores are strategically holding them for specific dates has completely turned me off to it. It still blows my mind that they're not shipping enough of these things.

mm04

Uh, you realize stores do that all the time right? With.. many items? Not just Wii? And that that is a pretty stupid reason to be turned off to it?

Also, you know we can see your username to the left of your post and don't need to sign your post, right?

MutFox

Banned
Out of all those games, I would only buy like 4 of those...
The rest I wouldn't even want as gifts... :/
And you have to choose 7!!

You guys think you have it hard trying to get your hands on a Wii? How about trying to get one from a third world county... welcome to my hell.

You can read about my quest for the holy Wii here.

:)

nintendude-sa said:
You guys think you have it hard trying to get your hands on a Wii? How about trying to get one from a third world county... welcome to my hell.

LOL, I remember I went to the Philippines this last December. The Wii was sold out everywhere and the PS3 was selling for 50000 PhPesos which pretty much equates to about $1000 US. Ouch.

Chris_C

nintendude-sa said:

I grew up in Lagos, Nigeria, so I definitely have an idea! Thankfully Lagos was also home to the largest electronics market in Africa, so you could get chipped hardware and then get $1.00 pirated games to play on them.

tanod

when is my burrito
If anybody is spending time scouring the Internets for Wiis, just check notifywire.com. It checks every site but Amazon. No sign up required.

For the fanboys, it also lists how long it took for recent "in-stock entries" to sell out for both PS3 and WII. Apparently, PS3's are still mostly out of stock online.

aceface said:
Just FYI: I was at Target in Cheektowaga, NY today (it's a suburb of Buffalo) and they had about 10 Wiis just sitting on the shelf. Sadly, I don't have enough money to justify the purchase. :( But any Western New York or Southern Ontario Gaffers might want to get on that.
DOOMED

Top Bottom