• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Wii) Monster Hunter G out 4/23, special classic controller + MH3 demo!

john tv said:
Have they announced pricing for playing online?
Defuser said:
First time on Monster Hunter? Capcom always charged online in Japan.
Now you guys have me scared.

MH3 is my most anticipated Wii game, actually no, my most anticipated game period. Yet if it becomes pay to play here in the states that would be devastate me. There would be no quicker way to pull a complete 180 in interest with me.

jarrod

Banned
RuneFactoryFanboy said:
Now you guys have me scared.

MH3 is my most anticipated Wii game, actually no, my most anticipated game period. Yet if it becomes pay to play here in the states that would be devastate me. There would be no quicker way to pull a complete 180 in interest with me.
Monster Hunter PS2 was free in the west. I'd be surprised if MH3 wasn't honestly.

Kyoufu

Going by MH1's western release, MH3 shouldn't have a subscription fee. Besides it'd be stupid to try and sell a foreign phenomenon to a virgin crowd and make them pay just to play.

Tenbatsu

main7.jpg

http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/G/
Shit no one posted this? Network play is paid using Wii Points.
Dam thats it, no online play for US console thru gecko for both MHG and MH3 Tri:(

Time to invest a jap Wii.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Kyoufu said:
Wow nice. Thats at least way better than the shit they had with their Matching Service crap on PS2.

What it stated there ?

Tenbatsu

cw_sasuke said:
What it stated there ?
Platform: Wii | Genre: Hunting Action | CERO Rating: C (Age 15 up)
Network Play: Wii Points | Number of Players: 1 offline 1 - 4 Online

MHG: Support Classic Controller only
MH3 Tri: Support both Wiiremote + Nunchuk and Classic Controller
(Demo Disk 1 player only no online play)

Vinci

Danish
CTLance said:
AFAIK yes. But who knows...

If it's cheap enough, I'd be willing to pay to play the game. But it'd have to be really damned cheap. I'm talking stupid cheap. I already have a MMO to pay for every month.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Tenbatsu said:
Platform: Wii | Genre: Hunting Action | CERO Rating: C (Age 15 up)
Network Play: Wii Points | Number of Players: 1 offline 1 - 4 Online

MHG: Support Classic Controller only
MH3 Tri: Support both Wiiremote + Nunchuk and Classic Controller
(Demo Disk 1 player only no online play)
#

Tenbatsu

Vinci said:
If it's cheap enough, I'd be willing to pay to play the game. But it'd have to be really damned cheap. I'm talking stupid cheap. I already have a MMO to pay for every month.
Drkirby said:
How much does the current monster hunter games cost for online?
For the PS2's MH it is 900Yen (US10) per month. But you can play other games like Outbreak series, Z Gundam etc etc so its quite a good deal.

Jaruru

Tenbatsu said:
For the PS2's MH it is 900Yen (US10) per month. But you can play other games like Outbreak series, Z Gundam etc etc so its quite a good deal.

thx for this info. was gonna ask.
$10 is not cheap though...

if the US version has no online play, go for the jp Wii.

Balb

They need something like this in North America, though that'll never happen. Nintendo fans love console exclusives, and this is the kind of game they'd like. It's a shame they'll drop the ball on this though.

Vinci

Danish
Tenbatsu said:

As a package deal, that's fine. As a fee for one game? Not so much. Hell, I'd probably still get MH3 on the local multi alone, but I'd obviously love to be able to online this beast.

jarrod said:
Monster Hunter PS2 was free in the west. I'd be surprised if MH3 wasn't honestly.
But is that because the PS2's online network wasn't all that developed anyways?

What I'm saying is, if the infrastructure is already there to charge for MH online and Capcom can easily port it over to US players, then whats stopping them?

Please Capcom, I am begging you. Please PLEASE do not ruin my most anticipated game of the year.

jarrod

Banned
RuneFactoryFanboy said:
But is that because the PS2's online network wasn't all that developed anyways?

What I'm saying is, if the infrastructure is already there to charge for MH online and Capcom can easily port it over to US players, then whats stopping them?.
lol, it wasn't technical reasons that kept US Monster Hunter PS2 from carrying a charge. If anything they'd have been more justified charging then since on PS2 they basically had to handle all the infastructure themselves (unlike withWFC).

As an aside, I wonder if the fee means Capcom's planning more online Wii games? Biohazard Outbreak 1&2 Wii Edition? Auto Modellista 2? Tatsunoko vs Capcom for WFC???

jarrod said:
lol, it wasn't technical reasons that kept US Monster Hunter PS2 from carrying a charge. If anything they'd have been more justified charging then since on PS2 they basically had to handle all the infastructure themselves (unlike withWFC).
Oh ok

Well Capcom did say at one point it wants to try to make MH catch on like it has in Japan right? I could think of no better way NOT to do that than to force people to pay a monthly fee.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Drkirby said:
Hey, they have a phone number, we can bug them over the phone :lol

Has anyone done this yet? I'm only mildly interested in the Monster Hunter series but I'll bug them over the phone for you guys if you really want this brought to NA. In the very least, while I've got them on the phone, I'll bother them about releasing Miles Edgeworth :lol

Vinci

Danish
Danthrax said:
Has anyone done this yet? I'm only mildly interested in the Monster Hunter series but I'll bug them over the phone for you guys if you really want this brought to NA. In the very least, while I've got them on the phone, I'll bother them about releasing Miles Edgeworth :lol

I'm at work and couldn't get away with it. If you don't mind taking up the fight till I get home and can, it'd be appreciated. :lol

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I wouldn't be so sure that this is pay to play just yet. "Wii Points" could also mean DLC.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Well I just talked to some woman in licensing at Capcom. Her name was Amelia. She said she hadn't heard of the game being brought to the U.S. and I should check out gametrailers.com or Capcom's Web site to look for announced games. (Seriously.)

I also recorded the conversation on my digital recorder so I can upload that to the intertubes if you want to hear our awkward conversation :lol

As a side note, I totally forgot to ask about Miles Edgeworth. Damnit!

Vinci

Danish
Danthrax said:
Well I just talked to some woman in licensing at Capcom. Her name was Amelia. She said she hadn't heard of the game being brought to the U.S. and I should check out gametrailers.com or Capcom's Web site to look for announced games. (Seriously.)

I also recorded the conversation on my digital recorder so I can upload that to the intertubes if you want to hear our awkward conversation :lol

/facepalm

My god.

As a side note, I totally forgot to ask about Miles Edgeworth. Damnit!

Egads! Must call back and try again, I guess! :lol

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Vinci said:
Egads! Must call back and try again, I guess! :lol

Well I don't want to get Amelia again, that would just be embarrassing.

Someone do me a solid and call them about Miles Edgeworth! Choose option #3 from the main menu, BTW, that takes you right to a breathing human. Option #4 sounds like it would be helpful but it isn't.

TreIII

sp0rsk said:
I wouldn't be so sure that this is pay to play just yet. "Wii Points" could also mean DLC.

This is what I'd like to believe too. After all, Capcom should be doing more to try and get more people to play this game, not scare them away.

Hopefully that will be the case...

Tenbatsu said:
Dam thats it, no online play for US console thru gecko for both MHG and MH3 Tri:(

Time to invest a jap Wii.

Why not invest in "AnyRegionChanger"? It's one thing to try and make your Wii Region Free. It's a whole other story to just make your Wii think it's Japanese, whenever you want to! :lol

That may help here. It certainly did for Bleach Versus Crusade, when Gecko failed...

Any way....that controller must be mine, plus I won't mind playing MHG again. I wonder if Lances will be broken still...

Tenbatsu

TreIII said:
Why not invest in "AnyRegionChanger"? It's one thing to try and make your Wii Region Free. It's a whole other story to just make your Wii think it's Japanese, whenever you want to! :lol

That may help here. It certainly did for Bleach Versus Crusade, when Gecko failed...
Thanks for the help TreIII! Was asking bout this in the homebrew thread just now. I dont want to mess up the Shop channel for my current Wii, so I guess I got to get a cheap US$199 Korean flashed English menu Wii and use any region changer to flash it into japan Wii. But i hope its just DLC so I can save the money.

Don't want to sound like a troll, but does Monster Hunter G suck? I hear some installments of the series being called PSOlite because it's like pso without the neater points like Mags, and with crap missions such as collect 20 of this or kill 50 of that.

With that said, Monster Hunter 3 Tri looks awasome, and I actually want to play that.

Tenbatsu

Mockingbird said:
Don't want to sound like a troll, but does Monster Hunter G suck? I hear some installments of the series being called PSOlite because it's like pso without the neater points like Mags, and with crap missions such as collect 20 of this or kill 50 of that.

With that said, Monster Hunter 3 Tri looks awasome, and I actually want to play that.
Nope its doesnt. Its actually the turning point for the series where they introduced the awesome Armor Combination Skills system. G is my personal favorite in the series thou.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Looks like bundles already sold out on Amazon Japan

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
cvxfreak said:
It's not since you can still preorder it...

Ahh I see now...but the preorders aren't discounted like most games are, correct?

jarrod

Banned
Mik2121 said:
I'll guess that's the PS3's prize? Wouldn't you be able to play the game online using a wifi spot?
No infastructure for the MHP games. ad-hoc online was only through PS3 I thought? :/

Top Bottom