• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Play Delayed for U.S.

I was doing a routine check of Nintendo's press site and glanced down at the release date section. I was disappointed to discover that Wii Play is now listed as shipping on Feb. 12, 2007 instead of Jan. 15, 2007 :(

Hero

Ah, that sucks. At least I won't be dropping 100 dollars on the same day to get Wii Play and Wario Ware.

Maybe it's going to take them an extra month to put the new straps in the Wii-motes.

11.jpg

Didn't you hear? Wii Play isn't being released with a Wiimote in North America, so it has a different production schedule.

It's delayed and minus one controller.

Lucky us.

okay, okay... not funny.

Zaptruder

Banned
Ranger X said:
It's hard for Nintendo to localise 3 lines of text!

what the hell is there to localise?

It's already in english in PAL regions.

You guys are just taking it up the butt from Nintendo.

Well I just wanted an extra remote and was willing to wait for Wii Play since it makes it $10 for the game basically ($40 for the Remote)...but the delay is irritating. I think I'm getting another remote for Christmas though, so that puts me up to 3 anyway.

Yeah, so we have WarioWare: Smooth Moves shipping on 1/15, Wii Play on 2/12, and Mario Party 8 on 3/5. Holy minigames, Mario.

schism

Trust me when I say you are honestly not missing anything at all. I thought it was worth the extra $10 AUS over a regular Wii-Mote, it isn't. I want my $10 back.

Linkup

schism said:
Trust me when I say you are honestly not missing anything at all. I thought it was worth the extra $10 AUS over a regular Wii-Mote, it isn't. I want my $10 back.

I don't think many were actually thinking of buying it. I have college hoops and sonic to get anyway.

Stitch

Gold Member
HaloFans said:
I guess I can wait.

no you can't, the tank game in wii play is awesome!!
man, too bad theres no online multiplayer... would make wii play 1000% better.

Ive had it since launch here and would trade it in a blink of an eye for trauma center or excite truck. You arnt missing anything at all tbh, ive played it maybe 4 or 5 times with friends and they just get bored with it and want to play wii sports instead its very very basic so if you offered me excite truck or trauma center at launc instead i wouldve taken either.

lexi

Banned
What's with the Wii Play hate? I got it at launch and although you wouldn't pay $50 for it, it's well worth getting with the Remote.

Ping Pong owns if you've got 2 equally skilled players playing.

Grug

My girlfriend and I played it through once. Have no urge to go back, except maybe for Laser Hockey.

Its price reflects its overall value.

Why do people keep ratting on the Wii for not having many games on the roster?

WarioWare
Wii Play
Metroid Prime 3
Sonic
SSX: Blur
Prince of Persia decent port
Mario Party 8

.....all by the end of march. Why are there complaints?

WarioWare
Wii Play
Metroid Prime 3
Sonic
Mario Party 8

WarioWare
Wii Play
Metroid Prime 3
Sonic
Mario Party 8

underfooter said:

WarioWare
Wii Play
Metroid Prime 3
Sonic
Mario Party 8

Because nobody believes they'll deliver all those before March. They are staggering releases. You know why. Anyway, March is a long ways away, it still counts as a drought.

Top Bottom