• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

Model 500

Any word on more Kororinpa vids, the first one looked VERY promising..If this is not coming to EU I'm gonna import a second machine sooner than planned.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
the androgyne said:
Some quicky heroes ones..

heroes1.jpg

heroes2.jpg

heroes3.jpg

heroes5.jpg

heroes6.jpg

heroes8.jpg

heroes9.jpg

Thanks man.

Gameplay or not, the art direction for this title is still fantastic.
Love Killer7. Cell shaded on the Wii is some top-notch stuff, and Suda hasn't failed on it yet.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Bleach

Oh hot damn does this game look sweet. These caps came from the recently released video (off-screen) but honestly--I'm starting to see something as I'm watching these videos. Something I didn't think would be as effective as I believe it will actually be. Tell me if you can pick up on why the Wii's lack of graphical capabilities will actually certain genres in the short run. There's just...something.

bleach1.jpg

bleach2.jpg

bleach3.jpg

bleach4.jpg

bleach5.jpg

bleach6.jpg

bleach7.jpg

bleach8.jpg

Mar

Fantastic thread. Keep those screenies coming!

Any more Monkey Ball ones by the way? Been trolling all web sites for as many pics as I can get. The latest ones on the official Monkey Ball site are the first I've seen that made me almost like the new art style. Having trouble making the transition from the original Gamecube versions :(.

PANGYA GOLF, FISHING MASTER, COOKING MAMA, TRAUMA CENTER FTW

i hope they bring pheonix wright to the the Wii, i have a feeling it might happen

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
One Piece: Unlimited Adventure

Let these bullshitty shots hold you guys over on this title until I find or capture better ones. Taken from the E3 promo compilation vid. I doubt this is very representative at all.

one-piece-unlimited-adventure-20060512080823008.jpg

one-piece-unlimited-adventure-20060512080824961.jpg

one-piece-unlimited-adventure-20060512080826867.jpg

one-piece-unlimited-adventure-20060512080829289.jpg

one-piece-unlimited-adventure-20060512080830961.jpg

one-piece-unlimited-adventure-20060512080832648.jpg

one-piece-unlimited-adventure-20060512080834476.jpg

Heroes is by Suda51. There's a trailer that I got from thewiire.com; we know **** all else about it. If it's real time, I think it looks amazing.

John Harker

Tabris said:
What the hell is Heroes? that looks awesome!

Anyone else seeing Squall in this picture :p

It's the only Mature game for the Wii? haha

You can prolly find the E3 trailer (it was pulled last minute) on youtube. It was never officially revealed to the public, but it was leaked shortly.

It's a join between Spike and Grasshopper, directed by Suda51 of Killer7 fame.
If this looks good to you - and it looks bloody fantastic so it should - check out Killer7. Sweeet ass trip that one was.

This is the "next gen" spirtiual successor. Was SUPPOSE to be shown today by Marvelous, but haven't heard a peep yet.

John Harker

TheGreatDave said:
It's also supposed to have a character from Killer7 in it too, apparently. Which excites and confuses me.

What, really? Where did you hear that?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Heroes

Taken from video. I kinda got carried away, but damn this is sweet. ;) Considering most of these are GC-calibur (if not a little better), one might consider these official screenshots. Sorry these are so small. The video I had was shit. More as they become available.

heroes1.jpg

heroes2.jpg

heroes3.jpg

heroes5.jpg

heroes6.jpg

heroes7.jpg

heroes8.jpg

heroes9.jpg

heroes11.jpg

heroes12.jpg

heroes13.jpg

heroes14.jpg

heroes15.jpg

heroes16.jpg

heroes17.jpg

heroes18.jpg

heroes19.jpg

heroes20.jpg

I'm pretty interested in pangya golf especially if it comes to north america. Looks like it has a storymode, which can help explain the gameworld much better if you played the PC version.

Kororinpina better come to north america or i'll be causing someone some serious hurt.

John Harker

Zyid said:
Awesome stuff. This game came and caught my attention out of nowhere.

Yea, it wasn't getting any loved. It just dropped off the face of the world. I figured if I asked and people started seeing again, we can bring a lil buzz back.

Thanks PL.
Awesome stuff.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
JDSN said:

...AND MAGICALLY, IT APPEARS IN HIGH DEF ON IGN.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/734/734486p1.html

Matt are you reading this? I know you are baby! Why not include some of my screenshots that you can plaster your logo all over? j/k. I actually love your site and really enjoy your blog. And honestly, most of the great screenies I have posted in this thread come from IGN. So I guess I should be thanking you, huh? Keep up the great work matt.

Drensch

Heroes is what I would call a graphically "next-gen"game. A game that actually has a visual style. 99% of all games follow 1 of 2 styles. A colorful Marioesque world or the grey and brown that Quake so greatly bestowed on us. I hear a lotta horseshit about next gen power and what not(see troll thread started by mod who warned about said threads earlier) and the games all look the same.
If these new systems have so much damn power, why can't we get some distinguishing visuals? Not the same shit we've had for 10 years with more polys, better lighting and higher rez textures? Most other visual art forms even ones younger than games, have several different styles and looks. When will games start getting a large variety of visual styles?

Drensch said:
Heroes is what I would call a graphically "next-gen"game. A game that actually has a visual style. 99% of all games follow 1 of 2 styles. A colorful Marioesque world or the grey and brown that Quake so greatly bestowed on us. I hear a lotta horseshit about next gen power and what not(see troll thread started by mod who warned about said threads earlier) and the games all look the same.
If these new systems have so much damn power, why can't we get some distinguishing visuals? Not the same shit we've had for 10 years with more polys, better lighting and higher rez textures? Most other visual art forms even ones younger than games, have several different styles and looks. When will games start getting a large variety of visual styles?
Heroes does indeed look amazing, but we'll need to see if the actual game matches the trailer.

Drensch said:
I don't know what you're going for here but there is no such thing as visual style unique to games (except for something like the 8bit games)
All video game visual style gets broken down to either trying to immitate film and anime or comics and manga.
So congrats on pointing out gaming's biggest hang up as a visual medium. And I guess you haven't played Killer7 or XIII or Jet Grind Radio or the slew of other games that fall in the same category of trying to look like a comic book.

Drensch

All video game visual style gets broken down to either trying to immitate film and anime or comics and manga.
So congrats on pointing out gaming's biggest hang up as a visual medium.

So basically what you're saying is live with imitation and expect to see the same shit over and over again?

And I guess you haven't played Killer7 or XIII or Jet Grind Radio or the slew of other games that fall in the same category of trying to look like a comic book.

Out of those, only Killer 7 bears resemblance to Heroes. And yet still, heroes, as a differing visual look doesn't resemble much in the way of Anime, comic or manga, it's actually unique. If we have all this graphical power why don't we have different games?

There is a very small selection of games that dont subscribe to either the realistic quake grey or mario color. There is no reason why games have to do this. If anything, breaking from these to standard visual modes will open up new types of game play. Gaming's " biggest hang up as a visual medium" isn't inherent, nor is it something that can't easily be changed. Moreover, relying on anime, manga and comics, tend to lock in the stagnant 14 yr old boy demo that games have been relying on forever. New visual styles would pull in more than just teenage boys.

Could people please stop quoting entire posts full of images? Seriously? If there's a specific thing in a specific picture you want to point out, just quote that one picture. Don't include all two dozen images again.

AdamBot

As long as Heroes plays nothing like Killer 7, I'll be there day one to buy it.

Also, anybody know if Pangya has been confirmed for the US yet?

Wow, you don't know shit about art, do you?

There is always call and ROOM for variation in visual media, friend. It's not about trying pitch perfectly create a representation of something else. I mean, it seems to be for some people/houses, but it can certainly be argued that these folks are missing the point.

If you think that every game's visual style is a recreation of something else and there's no room for different and non-trivial styles that have heretofore been unheard of in games, my friends ICO, REZ and Psychonauts just stopped by and would like to say hi.

-Kid

PolyGone

Banned
KidGalactus said:

There is always call and ROOM for variation in visual media, friend. It's not about trying pitch perfectly create a representation of something else. I mean, it seems to be for some people/houses, but it can certainly be argued that these folks are missing the point.

If you think that every game's visual style is a recreation of something else and there's no room for different and non-trivial styles that have heretofore been unheard of in games, my friends ICO, REZ and Psychonauts just stopped by and would like to say hi.

-Kid

we really don't need you to sign off on every post like that, we can see your user name right there above your avatar.

KidGalactus said:

-Kid
Considering I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts after 4 years in art school I beg to differ.
Seems what I said flew right over your collective heads.
Gaming is a derivitive medium in terms of VISUAL representation, I'll stret stetch and give you Rez as something where the visual content is something unique to games (and even that can be disputed.) But the core of what I said stands.
Its a result of the process of making games. You come up with a conept for an interactive activity, then you go about doing concept design for your visual element (wich is how we percieve games) Regarrdless of the game, you always start the design process with ANTOHER ART FORM, be it pencil on paper in a sketchbook, or using a Wacom in painter or even free balling it in 3dsmax or Maya. Games are a new from of art that is an amalgamation of different art forms and math. Its a collaborative effort.
When I said games can be broken down into either Film, animation or sequential art as far as their visual representation it means that all the visual content in games can be represented just as well in one of those three forms. And that is because all visual cotent in the game first starts out in one of those forms.
This isn't a matter of not trying hard enough, its just the way it works.

Zyid said:
Please don't pull the pompous art school graduate act here.
I'm not pulling any act here.
Somebody made a blatantly false statement about my "knoweldge of art" I simply provided him with more information to help him with his baseless remarks.

cicero said:
That is half the point of getting such a degree though.
OH ABSOLUTLY!
I spent over $150,000 and put myself in debt for probably the rest of my life just so I can argue with random people on a message board.

Monk

Banned
MickeyKnox said:
I don't know what you're going for here but there is no such thing as visual style unique to games (except for something like the 8bit games)
So congrats on pointing out gaming's biggest hang up as a visual medium. And I guess you haven't played Killer7 or XIII or Jet Grind Radio or the slew of other games that fall in the same category of trying to look like a comic book.

Well thats a tad unfair. Videogames have only just got to the point of being comparable to film and anime. Anime uses computer generated art at times. And what about the paper mario games? I am curious as to what artwork it relates to. Then there is the fact that he never said that there was a visual style "unique to games". And those games failed at imitating a comic book too. Viewtiful Joe on the other hand did perfect.

And worst the fact is that other medium try to mimic previous works and try to call them "inspired by xx". My pointis that, yes there are copy cats and then there are games that geniunely have their own style. Animal Crossing, that animal evolution game on the GC, Giftpia etc etc.

Top Bottom