• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Rampage: Total Destruction

...even more...

rampagewii_019.jpg

rampagewii_018.jpg

rampagewii_017.jpg

rampagewii_016.jpg

rampagewii_015.jpg

rampagewii_014.jpg

rampagewii_013.jpg

rampagewii_012.jpg

rampagewii_011.jpg

rampagewii_010.jpg

rampagewii_009.jpg

rampagewii_008.jpg

rampagewii_007.jpg

rampagewii_006.jpg

rampagewii_005.jpg

rampagewii_004.jpg

rampagewii_003.jpg

rampagewii_002.jpg

rampagewii_001.jpg

Is it me...or does this game kinda look fun? I mean, like the good old days of arcade gaming? I can just imagine playing this game with a bunch of friends, all our greasy hands from the giant pepperoni pizza and doritos and mountain dew we've just devoured, and 4 of us at a time recking havoc on this poor little city that this takes place in.

These screens definitely don't look that good. But damn if this doesn't look like something that would be hilarious fun.

Looking through this thread, why do you guys even bother posting all these pics for awful looking kids games? I mean, Billy and Mandy? Really?

Screenboy

Pather you are going to single handly destroy this thread you worked so hard to create and maintain by posting any more of those **** arse screens!

chase

Marvel looks alright. Rampage has good characters (some of them even seem to have *gasp* effects on them!) but all the background detail is pathetic. Why do people not try to push Nintendo consoles?

CorwinB

The Rampage screens are weird, with decent looking monsters (needs more giant crabs, though), and horrible scenery (look at the N64/Voodoo1-like filtering on those cars !).

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Screenboy said:
Pather you are going to single handly destroy this thread you worked so hard to create and maintain by posting any more of those **** arse screens!

I don't judge 'em, I just post 'em. I can leave the lol's and everything else to the usual suspects. This thread was not created to either hype the Wii nor make it look bad.

I just post 'em. You guy are doing the rest. I'll post a comment here and there about them if something strikes me about what I'm seeing, but I don't particularly care if these shots look great or awful. I plan on buying a Wii regardless. And I think we can all agree that nobody is buying a Wii because of cutting edge graphics.

Edit: and you think I'd post some of these horrible screens if I gave a shit about who wins or loses a stupid console war? I have no agenda here other than keeping the media available for the Wii into one thread.

GT Pro could be banned from the videogame's industry. It is worse the some N64's titles ! Ubisoft's really think that a stupid port with the Wiimote is enough to sell a videogame ? They have nothing in their Brains...

wsippel

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
GT Pro could be banned from the videogame's industry. It is worse the some N64's titles ! Ubisoft's really think that a stupid port with the Wiimote is enough to sell a videogame ? They have nothing in their Brains...
The shots posted are not from GT Pro AFAIK, they are from GT Cube, a Gamecube game released only in Japan in 2002. GT Pro is based on GT Cube, but the shots are not representative...

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
wsippel said:
The shots posted are not from GT Pro AFAIK, they are from GT Cube, a Gamecube game released only in Japan in 2002. GT Pro is based on GT Cube, but the shots are not representative...

This person may have a point. I haven't seen these screens pop up on any of my sources...

That being said, the first two screens that WERE actual shots did look pretty horrific. Hopefully those recently posted by whoever will be revealed as GC stuff. The fact that we don't really know speaks to how bad the first two were.

wsippel

Banned
PantherLotus said:
This person may have a point. I haven't seen these screens pop up on any of my sources...

That being said, the first two screens that WERE actual shots did look pretty horrific. Hopefully those recently posted by whoever will be revealed as GC stuff. The fact that we don't really know speaks to how bad the first two were.
OK, I'll go ahead an reveal it:

gtcube_060503_5.jpg

Remember this screenshot? This is the URL: cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/gtcube_060503_5.jpg

the rampage shots don't look 'downgraded' to me. they just look like blurry captures of the same thing you're seeing in the last two shots. look at the buildings and taxi cabs.

considering i can still have fun playing the old rampage games, i'm not too upset about the graphics on this one if they don't turn out so good... but yeah, four player building destroying can be alot of fun. GOD:DAMM on the cube was a fun time, for example.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Call of Duty 3

Here are the ones we were expecting from the Activision embargo (that ended today). Looks like we're starting to see some improvements. That's cool. I've also been hearing some great comments about the control (dating back to the release of the last demo/video). Will be interesting to see which franchise (Metroid, COD3, FarCry, Red Steel) will get the best controls and which developer will set an early precendent for what works...and what doesn't.

call-of-duty-3-20061006114013302.jpg

call-of-duty-3-20061006114012677.jpg

call-of-duty-3-20061006114012052.jpg

call-of-duty-3-20061006114011427.jpg

call-of-duty-3-20061006114010755.jpg

wsippel said:
OK, I'll go ahead an reveal it:

gtcube_060503_5.jpg

Remember this screenshot? This is the URL: cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/gtcube_060503_5.jpg
If these are the old shots, the real GT Pro will (hopefully) look much more polished. So we can expect it to look like a Gamecube title at the very least.

GT Pro = SAVED!

Now Call of Duty 3 is reallys tarting to impress me, especially those smoke effects. They really nailed that superbly. The character models are even getting up there to good quality, and liek IGN said, while ti may not be on par in terms of effects with 360, it has just as much stuff happening onscreen.

When you're running from a panzer tank, I don't think you'll ahve too much time to stop and ogle at normal mapping anywayz :lol

can you please take out the Rampage pictures, at least off this page, ever time I refresh I have to site through all of them. You seen one shot of that game you have seen them all.

PantherLotus said:
No. The one you have is non-platform specific, while the ones I posted are generated on the Wii hardware, confirmed by IGN.
Not according to Codemasters' media site, which is where I got them. That one single shot is the only one marked on their site as being a Wii shot. The others are PS2.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Super Swing Pangya Golf

Could this possibly be the coolest golf game, like evar?! They got it all: the motion control, the bikini chicks, the ninja outfits, the coins in the holes, the combat/duel mode, everything. The worlds are sweet and all is well in the world.

But there is darkness on the horizon. Online has not only been NOT confirmed...it has been denied. I can't imagine a world where this game would need to be rushed to market to meet the holiday and the online would be left out. That's ****ing awful.

Btw, these taken from the sweet IGN trailer.

SSPG1.jpg

SSPG2.jpg

SSPG3.jpg

SSPG4.jpg

SSPG5.jpg

SSPG6.jpg

SSPG7.jpg

SSPG8.jpg

SSPG9.jpg

SSPG10.jpg

SSPG11.jpg

SSPG12.jpg

SSPG13.jpg

SSPG14.jpg

SSPG15.jpg

SSPG16.jpg

SSPG17.jpg

Super Swing Golf impresses graphically speaking. I feel that this game should be coming out in 2007 though, when online can be put in. Oh well.

COD3 looks better in those screens, and much better in motion, but it could still be so much more.

Is it just me or does Dragon Ball Z Wii feature some of the best cell-shading since Wind Waker?

StevieP

Banned
PantherLotus said:
YOUR THE FIRST PERSON TO LAUGH AT A SCREEN SHOT IN THIS THREAD!!! HAHHAHAH
HAHAAH
HAHAHA
HAHAHAH

UR FUNNY RELLY. NO RELLY.

Behind your sarcasm, at least I wasn't laughing at "how bad it looks" like everyone else :p
Actually, that Monster 4x4 game looks improved over the previous screens I think... and it comes with a free steering wheel too. If I hadn't already set my mind on Excite Truck...

Alkaliine said:
Super Swing Golf impresses graphically speaking. I feel that this game should be coming out in 2007 though, when online can be put in. Oh well.

COD3 looks better in those screens, and much better in motion, but it could still be so much more.

Is it just me or does Dragon Ball Z Wii feature some of the best cell-shading since Wind Waker?
It's nice technically, but I don't think it has even an ounce of the soul that Wind Waker has. I'm hardly a neutral party, though, as I despise the visual style of Dragon Ball and its ilk.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Metroid Prime 3

Some shots from IGN that I hadn't seen before or I don't recognize. This shows a fight with Ridley, and the effects of getting hit/movement on the screen. Lots of blur and jarring effects to remind the user that he/she is wearing a helmet. That's cool.

Also, here's a link to the control, but I'm not sure if it pictures the newest scheme. The thought of using the freaking down button on the control pad to shoot kinda sucks if you ask me. I would have made THE TRIGGER the fire button and the A button the jump button and sacrifice the control pad for w/e visor controls are needed. Oh well.

http://www.enregistrersous.com/images/1d047a6ba17e7f129a59e959ac95c525.jpg

98596a6197116c0f62326e1036375c0d.jpg

ff412c999dbe455783d844662cc72c0e.jpg

8ce4e2586137ea896883292f1b3f5d95.jpg

6e0191c71925645b151629f707438647.jpg

a64757cd2580c026ba3aa51f0a45ad51.jpg

etiolate

Banned
typhonsentra said:
Looking through this thread, why do you guys even bother posting all these pics for awful looking kids games? I mean, Billy and Mandy? Really?

Hey Billy and Mandy is a good toon and the game looks like a powerstone sort of game. I've actually might rent it on some system.

etiolate said:
Hey Billy and Mandy is a good toon and the game looks like a powerstone sort of game. I've actually might rent it on some system.

Yeah, PLAY magazine had a write up of this game in the last issue. It actually didn't sound too bad, although I wouldn't want anyone to see me buying it.

PantherLotus said:
Super Swing Pangya Golf

Could this possibly be the coolest golf game, like evar?! They got it all: the motion control, the bikini chicks, the ninja outfits, the coins in the holes, the combat/duel mode, everything. The worlds are sweet and all is well in the world.

But there is darkness on the horizon. Online has not only been NOT confirmed...it has been denied. I can't imagine a world where this game would need to be rushed to market to meet the holiday and the online would be left out. That's ****ing awful.

[snip]

Unfortunately I don't think the actual game has shadows like that.

ugh at some of this stuff. Anyone else feel like Nintendo should have waited one more generation to pull the new gen controller + last gen graphics bit?

artful_dodger said:
ugh at some of this stuff. Anyone else feel like Nintendo should have waited one more generation to pull the new gen controller + last gen graphics bit?

No.

The reason the next generation of consoles get so much attention and hype is actually because there is a darkhorse.

If all the three consoles played the same as they did last generation, I highly doubt there would be such heated anticipation and debate.

Nintendo should be thanked and applauded for changing the game this time around.

Plus, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that any mediocre or bad graphics on the Wii has very little to do with the machine itself.

There is a reason many give their full attention to Nintendo this time around(yes, even the ones that bash it). If people were indifferent to the Wii, they would be spending time on the consoles they actually are excited about but that doesn't seem to be the case, does it??

Nintendo threads are huge and that says it all.

artful_dodger said:

Maybe, but most of the games that are actually worth worrying about look great.

No. The one you have is non-platform specific, while the ones I posted are generated on the Wii hardware, confirmed by IGN.

Wii Heatseeker Screenshot
The first image from the Nintendo build of the jet fighter game.

On the front page of IGN. It's referring to the screenshot that was released on October 5th.

Metroid Prime 3

Some shots from IGN that I hadn't seen before or I don't recognize. This shows a fight with Ridley, and the effects of getting hit/movement on the screen. Lots of blur and jarring effects to remind the user that he/she is wearing a helmet. That's cool.

Also, here's a link to the control, but I'm not sure if it pictures the newest scheme. The thought of using the freaking down button on the control pad to shoot kinda sucks if you ask me. I would have made THE TRIGGER the fire button and the A button the jump button and sacrifice the control pad for w/e visor controls are needed. Oh well.
http://www.enregistrersous.com/image...59ac95c525.jpg

Wait... what's the difference between "shoot" and fire beam?

Top Bottom