• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

volmer

Eric_S said:
@volmer

Except that the FPU on the Wii CPU is responsible for vector operations, as opposed to Altivec ops on a "G4" CPU or (of course) vector ops being sent to the SPE's on a CELL, yes?
That's how it was for the GameCube at least, I think, but it is still unclear if anything has changed in the Wii. Even if we assume nothing changed that's still pretty good, although a "pure" SIMD unit might have been better, less blocking...

adelante

scr_008.jpg
Red Ranger??

dovella

Hey the limit of resolution on Wii is 480 p, and the limit graphic? Polygon? Texture? processor? the real power of Wii is???? pls give me a link of therd question.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
It looks good, sure, and I've played the game and it is good, sure, but... I don't know, I thought with the game going on hiautus, it was going to come back and really be something special...

Are we sure these are from the latest build?
Its hard for me to say that these screens make the game look significantly better than the GC versions

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
If anyone is having trouble loading this thread (and trust me, even DSL is taxed by these screenie threads), I STRONGLY suggest using the index, which has been updated. Simply go to the first page, hit STOP [X] as soon as the first post loads up, and use the index from there.

For those that actually made it this far:

Please do not quote whole posts when replying to this thread.

INDEX I (pages 1-30+) <-- Clicky
(screen releases/captures, E3-06 to November 06)

INDEX II (pages 40+)
(post-launch and future games, Dec 06 - present)

Alien Syndrome - 1
Bomberman Land - 1
Bust-A-Move Bash! - 1
Densha de GO - 1
Dragon Quest Swords - 1, 2, 3 4
G1 Jockey 4 - 1
Gottlieb Pinball Classics - 1
Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting Revolution - 1, 2, 3
Legend Of the Dragon - 1
Mahjong Taikai Wii - 1
Mercury Meltdown Revolution - 1, 2
Metroid Prime 3 - 1
Mario Party 8 - 1
Mario Galaxy - (coming soon)
No More Heroes - 1, 2, 3
Pinball Hall of Fame - 1
Pokémon Battle Revolution - 1, 2
SD Gundam Scad Hammers - 1, 2
Sims Wii, The - 1, 2
SSX Blur - 1
Super Fruit Fall - 1
Super Smash Brothers Brawl - 1, 2
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves - 1

Easy_G

John Harker said:
It looks good, sure, and I've played the game and it is good, sure, but... I don't know, I thought with the game going on hiautus, it was going to come back and really be something special...

Are we sure these are from the latest build?
Its hard for me to say that these screens make the game look significantly better than the GC versions

I feel the same way. Metroid Prime was, and still is an amazing looking game. I'd just like for Corruption to be significantly better looking. It seems more like they've just added a few new effects. Hopefully that's not the case. And I'm sure the game itself will still be wonderful, but I just need something that feels a bit more. . .fresh.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Easy_G said:
I feel the same way. Metroid Prime was, and still is an amazing looking game. I'd just like for Corruption to be significantly better looking. It seems more like they've just added a few new effects. Hopefully that's not the case. And I'm sure the game itself will still be wonderful, but I just need something that feels a bit more. . .fresh.

Being as gentle as possible, I would give up hope of seeing this game improved *wildly.* We might see some nice effects here and there, but don't expect any show-stoppers to suddenly appear.

I am almost certain that the extra time spent on this game has very little to do with polishing the look, and everything to do with adding in online multiplayer and fine-tuning the controls, not to mention positioning it better throughout 2007 where there seems to be an obvious lull in releases. Hopefully Nintendo doesn't **** us and release all their big guns (MP3, Mario Galaxy, SSBB, SPM, etc) between Halloween and Christmas. That would piss me off.

Those MP3 pics are basically from the Nintendo World demo so they're not really new. Also notice how the one with the huge monster looks much better than the ones outside? That's because the monster one is from the Nintendo World demo and the other is from the E3. I'm sure the game will look even better

F#A#Oo

Banned
MadOdorMachine said:
Why are these pictures so crisp looking? I see no jaggies at all. Is that possible on Wii or are the images doctored up?

Tbh the video's for the game looked the same!

So my answer to you is SE have done a stunning job...:)

RSP

MadOdorMachine said:
Why are these pictures so crisp looking? I see no jaggies at all. Is that possible on Wii or are the images doctored up?

half the original resolution & anti aliasing.

as much as i'm looking forward to MP3, it looks like they are doing more of the same thing with the title. I hope they will be able to pull off something really great. Not just "metroid with new controls"

Model 500

Imo, what Metroid Prime needs instead of better graphics is a brilliant use of the Wiimote in puzzles and all kinds of action. This would be a big statement.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Sonic and the Secret Rings

Small, and discouraging actually. I want a straightforward platformer out of this...not w/e tf this is.

scr_082.jpg
scr_083.jpg
scr_084.jpg
scr_085.jpg

Haunted

PantherLotus said:
Dragon Quest Swords

This game wants my moneh.

This game is rising up my most wanted list like a rocket! As soon as someone tells me that it's a solid length (30+ hours), it's a definite buy for me! I want an RPG on the Wii SO bad...

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
January 2007 Releases

Code:
[B]January 17, 2007   	  Wario Ware: Smooth Moves - [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5013681&postcount=2069"](1) [/URL] [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5181418&postcount=2164"](2) [/URL]   	  Nintendo   	 Action
[/b]

(#) = Page with screens. Clicky to open!

Whoa whoa. Battalion Wars got moved up to January? Is this official? If so, **** everyone crying about a drought. My monies are crying because they'll have to spent again so soon after launch.

Ashodin

PantherLotus said:
January 2007 Releases

Code:
[B]January 17, 2007   	  [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5013681&postcount=2069"]Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (1)[/URL]   	  Nintendo   	 Action 
January XX, 2007 	[URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4310483&postcount=42"]Battalion Wars 2 (1)[/URL] [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4373580&postcount=521"](2)[/URL] 	Nintendo 	Action 
January XX, 2007 	[url=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4413460&postcount=725]Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (1)[/url] [url=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4472224&postcount=919](2)[/url] [url=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4624848&postcount=2173](3)[/url] 	Midway Games 	Fighting [/B]

Yeah. Seriously. Two gems but literally NOTHING else. And no, the VC does not count like IGN would have you believe. February has nothing slated either. March will be big, though.
Not even sure Battallion Wars will even come out. Seems like an Easter release to me.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
BrodiemanTTR said:
Whoa whoa. Battalion Wars got moved up to January? Is this official? If so, **** everyone crying about a drought. My monies are crying because they'll have to spent again so soon after launch.

I wouldn't go dancing around quite yet. Those are the *official* IGN release dates, which also include 20 or so unannounced VC games. Like Punch Out!

PantherLotus said:
I wouldn't go dancing around quite yet. Those are the *official* IGN release dates, which also include 20 or so unannounced VC games. Like Punch Out!
They're not official. Nintendo has BWii as "TBA."

Pud

Banned
Phife Dawg said:
I'm getting a Wii-CoD 3 vibe-lazy developers ftl.

Be fair... not only does it look better than CoD3 (even in these up-rezed shots) but it's original source is a PS2 version. Sure the Wii is capable of more, but this will be a more feature-ful game than CoD3 was, and hopefully will look leagues better by the time of release.

Lobster

Banned
Pud said:
Be fair... not only does it look better than CoD3 (even in these up-rezed shots) but it's original source is a PS2 version. Sure the Wii is capable of more, but this will be a more feature-ful game than CoD3 was, and hopefully will look leagues better by the time of release.

Well the character models suck and the smoke looked better in CoD3 but this game definitely has better textures and better lighting effects. Hopefully it will look better by launch.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
underfooter said:
Battallion Wars in January? That would be so random it is an online-intensive game (that I can't wait for).

Prime 3 looks awesome.

Nope. That was IGN pissing into the wind. The latest I've seen is somewhere around April or May. Not sure where I saw that though. Confirmation would be awesome, though.

Pud

Banned
BlindN-Fan said:
Well the character models suck and the smoke looked better in CoD3 but this game definitely has better textures and better lighting effects. Hopefully it will look better by launch.

I'll agree with the smoke part... the smoke was the only thing about CoD3 Wii that actually LOOKED next-gen. Perhaps the character models look so basic in this version so the devs are able to put hundreds of them on screen at once? The scenery itself looks OK, though, texture wise.

Pud said:
Sure, but they should not expect people to pay full price for a PS2 port that looks just like that. I'm no gfx-whore but I was pretty disappointed with CoD3, you could just tell they weren't interested in pushing the machine at least a bit-yet they charge the full price for it.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Phife Dawg said:
Sure, but they should not expect people to pay full price for a PS2 port that looks just like that. I'm no gfx-whore but I was pretty disappointed with CoD3, you could just tell they weren't interested in pushing the machine at least a bit-yet they charge the full price for it.

...did they charge full price for it on the PS2?

Pud

Banned
Phife Dawg said:

Capitalizing on launch games ftw! Seriously, the game itself is OK if not derivative. The controls (well, the shooting controls) were fantastic - almost kb+m, and the smoke/DPLII audio were great... but again, they just ported the PS2/XBox version when it could've been more. So, CoD3 will be one of the first titles into the bargain bin, surely - but they made their money at launch so they should be happy! Perhaps CoD4 will have some actual effort (and friggin multiplayer) put into it as a result.

And yes, I agree - some of these MoH shots look decent enough (not like PSP! aside from the character models) and the trees are one of the aspects that do. Hopefully they can be polished up by the time the game ships, and not have it end up like Far Cry/CoD3.

ethelred

Haunted_One said:
This game is rising up my most wanted list like a rocket! As soon as someone tells me that it's a solid length (30+ hours), it's a definite buy for me! I want an RPG on the Wii SO bad...

Same. And wanting an RPG, it'll be hard to go wrong with Dragon Quest Swords (and Fire Emblem and Crystal Chronicles). I have complete confidence in this game being completely awesome... with Mr. Horii personally overseeing it, I never had any doubts. :)

Top Bottom