• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

MaddenNFL64

Slapped together? They must have been working on the concept, the controls, and the gameplay for a long time before E3. It's not changing, not drastically anyway.

MaddenNFL64 said:
Slapped together? They must have been working on the concept, the controls, and the gameplay for a long time before E3. It's not changing, not drastically anyway.

Err, yeah, it probably has. The whole concept will the stay the same–Mario in space, yada yada. But the controls, mechanics, and graphics? They'll all be pretty drastically changed (for the better).

I reallly want to see planets that are soooo huge that they look like regular Mario levels. (Like, a flat surface)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Dragon Quest Swords

scr_062.jpg
scr_063.jpg
scr_064.jpg
scr_065.jpg
scr_066.jpg
scr_067.jpg
scr_068.jpg
scr_069.jpg
scr_070.jpg
scr_071.jpg
scr_072.jpg
scr_073.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
One Piece

Ok maybe not whoa, but definitely a positive HMMM! I'm seeing a lot of bright, colorful, clean and crisp effects going on here. Could this actually be a good game?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Big Brain Academy

Ads.

And no pedobear plz. When you add that shit to a picture, it just means you're attracted to that kid.

Lobster

Banned
spm-gdc-6.jpg

ZOMG! ITS THE SUPER PAPER MARIO GALAXIES!!!

One thing Im worried about DQS..is why they keep showing small screens..?

One
Piece looks great to me but the grass looks like shit in pics..when watched in videos everything looks great.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Blind-Nfan:
That's a good question about the DQS screens. I think it's an Enix thing, honestly. I'll research that though.

About Bump Mapping on DQS? I haven't seen anything yet that suggests that it does. I could be wrong.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Alkaliine said:
Are you sure Dragon Quest Swords uses bump-mapping?

This is the only shot that shows some bump mapping, and it actually looks pretty good. Of course, it's a teeny tiny little shot, mixed in on the official website. Nothing else there looks remotely close to bump mapping.

DQS-website1.jpg

Eteric Rice

The floor textures in Strikers give me SOME hope for the next Zelda. :D

Hopefully they're still trying to unlock the Wii's power. I can see some differences from the GC, but nothing that makes me say "WOW" yet (cept DQS).

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Eteric Rice said:
The floor textures in Strikers give me SOME hope for the next Zelda. :D

Hopefully they're still trying to unlock the Wii's power. I can see some differences from the GC, but nothing that makes me say "WOW" yet (cept DQS).

I certainly think developers are still at the less than halfway point for squeezing out the last drop of Wii power.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Zoramon089 said:
WOW, if the controls in Godfather didn't look so fun I wouldn't even give it a second glance...

Kinda agree. It's a very muddy, seemingly bad graphical game. But GTA was too, but it had brilliant gameplay. And it wasn't that muddy, at least Vice City wasn't. But I don't think this game can match it either way. Hopefully I'm wrong?

Man, after looking at screens of Super Mario Galaxy, Dragon Quest Swords, and Super Paper Mario, it's like EA threw cold water on my Wii (nudge, nudge).

yeah seriously those Tiger Wood shots are bad.

Why is Nintendo like the only one who can make a Wii game look good, probably because their documentation so far on the Wii has sucked ass for developers but still.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
BrandNew said:
I reallly want to see planets that are soooo huge that they look like regular Mario levels. (Like, a flat surface)

I want planets so huge that they have their own atmosphere and mario's butt catches fire upon entry.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Treasure Island 2
Capcom / Adventure, riddle-solving
Director: Eiichirou Sasaki (Biohazard Outbreak 1+2)
Producer: Hironobu Takeshita
Lead char is a trainee pirate.
Adventure game with the aim of finding treasure.
Use wiicon to solve puzzles/riddles.*

tiz.jpg

*Thanks Jonnyram

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Opoona
Developer - KOEI
Art Direction - Shintaro Majima
Music Direction - Hitoshi Sakimoto
Control - One handed (nunchuck only)

oppona.jpg

Hey, this could be good! Exclusive 3rd party games art ultimately what will decide the whole battle.

opoona-1.jpg

opoona-2.jpg

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
ive been avoiding super paper mario threads in order to keep me hyped about it, but what i want to know is, how is it controlled? like the classic mario games, or some new method involving the wiimote? and if the former, what does that butterfly that follows mario represent?

Fix

Banned
Parallax said:
ive been avoiding super paper mario threads in order to keep me hyped about it, but what i want to know is, how is it controlled? like the classic mario games, or some new method involving the wiimote? and if the former, what does that butterfly that follows mario represent?

Why don't you just look in a paper mario thread, rather than derail a screenshot thread?

Godfather looks terrible (bar good flame effects), Opoona is okay but has low rez textures, Strikers Charged looks quite nice (especially 3D crowd) but nothing special, cooking mama is ok given the artstyle, but No Ippo and Treasure Island both look pretty nice.

Alkaliine said:
Godfather looks terrible (bar good flame effects), Opoona is okay but has low rez textures, Strikers Charged looks quite nice (especially 3D crowd) but nothing special, cooking mama is ok given the artstyle, but No Ippo and Treasure Island both look pretty nice.
I think Strikers looks pretty good. The shots are probably off-screen, that's why they look so blurry.
No Ippo looked OK but once I saw the trailer I had serious doubts about playability and control. Just give me Punch-Out Wii dammit.

Phife Dawg said:
I think Strikers looks pretty good. The shots are probably off-screen, that's why they look so blurry.
No Ippo looked OK but once I saw the trailer I had serious doubts about playability and control. Just give me Punch-Out Wii dammit.

Strikers is quite good looking but it's only a little step up for the Gamecube version.

Top Bottom