• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Browser Screenshot Thread

zroid

Banned
It might be worth posting in the OP but if you access the site:

i.nintendo.net

from your Wii U browser, you are able to upload images to your Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr accounts.

oh, nice tip, thanks

guess I will convert my formerly Animal Crossing tumblr into a general purpose tumblr

chadboban

If you think this is too spoilerish, I'll take it down.

Take it down take it down take it down!!!
shut-it-down.gif

zroid

Banned
My bad. I'll pm a mod, what should I name it?

Your call, haha. Just something a bit more descriptive so people will understand what this feature entails!

BTW, even if the threads get merged, the old thread should still get a title update to reflect recent developments. Wii U Screenshot Thread (Now in HD!) -- for example. Seeing as EatChildren made that thread himself, PMing him might not be a bad idea.

Unai

These shots look much better than I remember these games. Is this because of the upscaling on the TV? If I didn't know better I would even say some of those are bullshots.

Lol, it took me so long to understand what nano assault actually was. At first I was like ..."ew" but then I was like, "hey that's pretty cool."

Wouldn't make me buy a Wii U, but if I do get one, I'll def pick this up.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
If I didn't know better I would even say some of those are bullshots.

Technically, since some of the games are rendered at 1080p and shrunk down to 720p, one could probably argue that they are bullshots in that the resizing clears out any aliasing.

These shots look much better than I remember these games. Is this because of the upscaling on the TV? If I didn't know better I would even say some of those are bullshots.

1080p games downsampled to 720p are getting a lot of free AA applied to them.

However, most games are only 720p to begin with!

def sim

They are in their native 720p as opposed to the upscaled 1080p picture you would see on your set. It most likely is that. It's possible that Nintendo could have applied post-processing to improve image quality but, looking at some of these shots, I'd say it's unlikely.

Games rendered in 1080p would benefit from the resize, as pointed out.

NFreak

Huh, I wonder why some of the shots are smaller than others. I know for a fact I took the on TV screenshot.

zroid

Banned
If you're uploading to Minus. it might be because you're right clicking on the resized shot. You have to click on that to get the full shot.

Oh, right. Missed that.

Here it is:

iV5ibb4jmuPQL.jpg

i5.minus.com/jV5ibb4jmuPQL.jpg

change that j to an i to get the full resolution for minus uploads

OryoN

Should have zoomed in a bit. That model is so insanely detailed that it looks a bit messy from a distance. That said, it's definitely one of the most detailed character/assets I've seen used in a game(cut-scene or not).

Technically, since some of the games are rendered at 1080p and shrunk down to 720p, one could probably argue that they are bullshots in that the resizing clears out any aliasing.

That only accounts for 2 games in the thread though. "Bullshots" would also be assuming absolutely no quality is lost in these pics due to any potential compression done by these sites.

Top Bottom