• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U bundle + $50 gift card for $299 (Walmart)

Grief.exe

I got MK8 from for $35 on Black Friday. So good. I've been splitting time between that and Hyrule Warriors (so surprised at how fun that game is) over the weekend.

Sears had MK8 and Hyrule Warriors for $30 each, I jumped on the former and almost got the latter, but I'm going to have far too many Wii U titles as it is.

Why do you insistent on a 32 GB one? You're likely to need external storage either way. You should have bought the 8 GB at $200 and acquired a cheap drive.

Because I'm only going to buy 2 or 3 games for it so a 8GB one is too small while a 32GB one it's perfect for me and I won't have to buy external storage for it. Besides, the 8GB one is white and I rather have it black.

Hiltz

I wish I could afford the console already. 2nd year comes to an end and I'm still without a Wii U. :(

Anyway, good luck on getting in on those deals guys. MK8 for $30 is a hell of a good deal.

Because I'm only going to buy 2 or 3 games for it so a 8GB one is too small while a 32GB one it's perfect for me and I won't have to buy external storage for it. Besides, the 8GB one is white and I rather have it black.
Is $200 worth 2 or 3 games? If you're that casual you're better off just playing on a friend's or family member system.

The color is one thing, but if you only need that little space, just use some USB flash memory.

Nintendo Land is a game you'll easily put 100 hours into if you have regular guests or others to play with. Most underrated and under appreciated launch game this generartion. You have to go back to the early Mario Party games from the n64 era to find a comparable party game.

If nintendo ever makes a sequel, I'll be there day 1.

Is $200 worth 2 or 3 games? If you're that casual you're better off just playing on a friend's or family member system.

I live far away from my family and none of my friends have a Wii U so yeah xD Besides, I will buy other games like Animal Crossing U, Fire Emblem X SMT, Pokemon and the new Zelda so it's not like I'm literally only going to have 2 or 3 games but the point was that I won't buy enough games to fill up the 32GB memory.

At first I thought this was a good deal, but then I realized that the tax kills it where I live (10%). Any chance that Amazon would match this?

trixx

it's a good deal but nothing spectacular. There have been decent deals throughout the year. Honestly the best time one shoul have jumped in was when mario kart 8 came out with the promotion. Could have gotten deluxe refurbished+ mario kart and another free game.

A lot of people just aren't interested I guess.

I'll buy it when it's $250 bundled with two games I want (Nintendoland does not count).
Nintendoland is arguably one of the best local multiplayer games on the console.

sfedai0

Banned
How is this a good deal when they only include 3D world? Its an old game. It if was 250 with the 50 gift card, then it would be hot..

Matriox

Gah! This is killer, too bad I already got the best buy bundle, this would have been a better offering. Everywhere I went seemed to be sold out of wii u's on black Friday though, did they still not sell as many as they hoped?

Still way way way too expensive imo. You can get a X360 for $130-$200 depending on the bundle. I assume there are similar deals for the PS3. I was surprised how many more people I saw carrying around 360s than the Wii U while out shopping... Nintendo really needs to drop the price.

Ferny

Still way way way too expensive imo. You can get a X360 for $130-$200 depending on the bundle. I assume there are similar deals for the PS3. I was surprised how many more people I saw carrying around 360s than the Wii U while out shopping... Nintendo really needs to drop the price.

An Xbox360 doesn't allow you to play Nintendo games and that is the big draw for people who want the WiiU. While the 360 might better value wise, it's a different situation.

Cavalier

Banned
Terrible deals. Nintendo needs to push more. They're asking too much for a last-gen spec'd system. Current-gen X1 is going for close to $300 to begin with.

Jay RaR

Somewhat tempting, but I already bought all my parts for my PC and currently waiting to pay my credit card this Friday.

I can still wait, I'll probably consider it when Xenoblade X and Star Fox releases.

An Xbox360 doesn't allow you to play Nintendo games and that is the big draw for people who want the WiiU. While the 360 might better value wise, it's a different situation.

Apparently Nintendo games aren't a big enough draw at the $300 price tag. They really need to lower the price and be competitive. Especially during black Friday when you could score a Xbox One or PS4 for $30-$50 more if you looked hard enough.

dhlt25

The only game I want to play on the Wii U is bayoneta 2. I think I can wait until I can get both the game and console for 200

HPhins54

Neo Member
Just bought the MK8 Wii U bundle at Wal Mart a week ago (didn't care for any of the BF bundles that I saw). Going back to see if I can get the $50 gift card or have them refund me $50. I don't see why they wouldn't.

Persona7

Banned
Someone on CAG said the 3D world bundle worked too and the register automatically adds the gift card in store. Anyone try this yet?

I'm not sure how Nintendo thinks they can sell Wii U for $299 + 1 game when both MS and Sony were offering multi-game bundles. MS was including like 3-4 games for $329 with the Bone. There was a PS4 deal for $329 too, although with no games the $399 + 2 games deal was the better one overall.

Well maybe Nintendo are more interested in not taking a loss on hardware than units sold at this point, there's no reason to take a bath on the Wii U now I guess.

Ding ding ding! Nintendo isnt interested in a loss leader strategy. Whats the point of selling a shit ton of consoles when you dont even make any money in the end? Sony and Microsoft are larger companies who can cover their losses from one division with profits from another (well maybe not sony anymore). Nintendo does not have that luxury. They want to be profitable at all costs. They know they missed their chance to set the world on fire with the wii u. They are just trying to put out great games and makes as much $$$ as they can in the process.

Derpyduck

Banned
Ding ding ding! Nintendo isnt interested in a loss leader strategy. Whats the point of selling a shit ton of consoles when you dont even make any money in the end? Sony and Microsoft are larger companies who can cover their losses from one division with profits from another (well maybe not sony anymore). Nintendo does not have that luxury. They want to be profitable at all costs. They know they missed their chance to set the world on fire with the wii u. They are just trying to put out great games and makes as much $$$ as they can in the process.

Because you can't sell 50-60 dollar games to people that don't own your console.

Exile20

Ye, they made a profit on the GC, that was pretty impressive. Didn't they make more money on the Wii U than Sony made on the PS4 last quarter?

Another problem with Sony and MS strategy is that you become bloated after a while. Look at Sony now, cutting divisions everywhere.

Persona7

Banned
I'm going with my friend to see if the Mario 3D World bundle works with this gift card soon, I'll let you know if it works. They had dozens of them but not a single MK bundle yesterday and the manager wouldn't price match it for my friend.

Persona7

Banned
Jeez, the stupid register wouldn't trigger the gift card and the manager took forever to come out so she just marked the 3D world bundle down 80 dollars for my friend. They have a sticker on the case that says every single bundle is eligible for the promotion in-store.

Jeez, the stupid register wouldn't trigger the gift card and the manager took forever to come out so she just marked the 3D world bundle down 80 dollars for my friend. They have a sticker on the case that says every single bundle is eligible for the promotion in-store.

Damn, I would've liked $80 off instead of the gift card.

Hindl

To anyone buying these, Best Buy has a nice B1G1 40% off deal for the big Wii U games, and it's actually the more expensive game that gets discounted. Plus, stacks with GCU, so for roughly $370 you could walk away with a Wii U + 5 games. (2 games in bundle, 1 game from the voucher, ~$70 for 2 more games from Best Buy)

Top Bottom