• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
What, your feelings got hurt? Is your world falling apart?

Stop getting butthurt over people calling you out for spreading your bullshit October date that you 100%-ed as fact because your "sources" could back you up.

There really won't be much need. For one thing, I'm sure a website like ifixit will do a teardown as soon as it's out, but all that'll really give us is the manufacturer of a few components, and probably the quantity and type of RAM (although not the speed). The really interesting stuff, like the CPU and GPU architectures, and their respective clock speeds, will only come from developer leaks (which I'd expect around launch time).

Has this ever happened before?

Some of this info might cause people to wet their pants so please take it with a lot of salt, and keep your emotions in check. Im just the messenger.

The info that Im about to present paints a picture of a company doing their best to attract core gamers to buying their system by constructing one of the strongest launches in console history.

Alright... here we go.
Got this info about 30 minutes ago...

I got another source confirming that indeed Nintendo planned for an October release.
Specifically, on the 11th. An unusual move for Nintendo but for a special reason. He did warn to take into consideration that plans might have changed slightly due to some issues that I will explain shortly.

So why is launching on October 11th so important?

Ninty is counting on having the WiiU version of AC3 launch at least two and a half weeks before it hits the HD twins!

PS3/360 AC3 launch dates:
NA October 30, 2012
PAL October 31, 2012

Thats right, Nintendo wants to be out first with one of the most biggest AAA titles this holiday. However, these plans are in flux because there is concern that AC3 for the WiiU might be not finished in time.
This October 11 date sounds interesting and plausible! It's about a month after their conference too!

Nintendo will have 2 SKU's for the Wii U.
One priced at 299,00 and the other priced at 349,00.

The first SKU for 299,00 will be bare bones. Package will contain Wii U unit and one Gamepad controller. The system will NOT include an HDMI cable.

The second SKU for 349,00 will include Nintendo-Land and a voucher for online purchase!
The voucher will enable you to purchase at least two games through the new online store.

Now here comes the kicker...

Call of Duty Black OPS 2 will come bundled with the Wii U Pro controller for a very special price!
Wow, having two bundle SKUs is a smart business move! I'll buy the $349 one.

jerd

So I guess I didn't understand how the whole "your friends can kill your zombie" thing worked in ZombiU.

That's because when your character croaks it, he's gone forever, along with all the items he once possessed. Actually not quite forever - there's time for an encore - but alas, only as a zombie. As the next survivor in line, you've got the option of hunting down your undead former self and re-killing him to recapture your gear. At the same time though, Wii U's social media functions will alert your friends to your death, and invite them into your world to beat you to the punch and loot your swag. And that's why, sometimes, it's best to leave that shotgun where you found it.

I didn't know that your friends actually come into your game. That is much cooler. I was under the impression that your zombie was sent to their game.

Decent preview here too, but nothing new I don't think. They do mention that the multiplayer mechanic may be unbalanced in favor of the Zombie Master.

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...-horror-epic-in-the-making/?page=3#top_banner

Roo

You guys are a little sensitive about this...
He even said you should take what he said with a spoonful of salt
Just leave him alone and let's wait to see what mods do about this

Banned
I recall someone in this thread being very vehement that it would be out on or around October 31st.

Not a "It would make sense" or "It would be nice," but "No, it will definitely be out then."
November 18th was the date you said right? I think that's what most ppl expected, the third Sunday of November like the GameCube and wii.

onilink88

hope the next thread will have more life than this one, and with less tech talk =D

The amount of "tech talk" here is grossly exaggerated (I'm guessing you guys have never been in the first and second speculation threads). None of you should have a problem with it, seeing as how these threads are more than big enough to harbor more than one topic of discussion at the same time.

D-e-f-

Banned
So I guess I didn't understand how the whole "your friends can kill your zombie" thing worked in ZombiU.

I didn't know that your friends actually come into your game. That is much cooler. I was under the impression that your zombie was sent to their game.

Decent preview here too, but nothing new I don't think. They do mention that the multiplayer mechanic may be unbalanced in favor of the Zombie Master.

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...-horror-epic-in-the-making/?page=3#top_banner

Err but you going to their game kinda implies that when they die, they'll come into your game. You don't exist in a vacuum :)

test_account

XP-39C²
yea that's probably how it works. you click on one of those games in the plaza and then you can see all the messages attached to it and, from what we heard so far, directly go to the eShop and buy it or check out related downloads. I'm speculating but that's how it would seem they're approaching this.

The messages popping up there on the main screen are probably randomized.
Sounds very likely indeed. I hope to see a more in-depth presentation on this on 13th September.

MDX

The last post better be epic. Just saying.

200px-Epic_Logo.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom