• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U eShop Launch List: 23 digital titles/pricing (retail & indie)

Ridley327

Until we hear otherwise I'm assuming it will follow established pattern of Wii/DSi/3DS, so in the US it'd be Thursday. For yesterday's update about Nintendo download stuff, they just had a list of the existing Wii U stuff as "Recently released in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U™".

I imagine that Nintendo will make exceptions for games releasing on Tuesday, as they've been really good about offering their own titles at midnight on the 3DS. But yeah, I do expect that other digital releases (games and upcoming DLC) will stick to Thursday for the forseeable future.

I used my mastercard. When I went to make my first purchase it asked me for a zip code to apply sales tax, I put in a Delaware zip code. Later when actually purchasing something, the zip code I used was my actual one and did not have any issues. You might be able to change your tax zip code in the settings.

I'll go check this out I have a few games to purchase today

Krakatoa

I wish more people would report on file size in this thread...the time it takes to download some of these, and the space required kinda determines if I'd wanna go digital or not. I caved on Tekken Tag 2, and when I saw it was 16gb, I was like "Aww man" lol, been downloading for the past 13 hours, and it's finally almost done.

If anyone knows, how big is ZombiU?
ZombieU is around 5.7

Until we hear otherwise I'm assuming it will follow established pattern of Wii/DSi/3DS, so in the US it'd be Thursday. For yesterday's update about Nintendo download stuff, they just had a list of the existing Wii U stuff as "Recently released in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U™".

I am hoping the update pattern is more fluid giving the publishers to set sales and patches at anytime as well as releases

would hate to wait for one day of the week for updates, also Tuesday game releases

Same as on the 3DS i read, so you must have played the title for an hour before getting to rate it.
I can confirm this is how it works. Logging 1 hour of playtime allows you to rate a title on the eShop.

Current numbers of ratings so far:

Nintendo Land: 1,611
NSMBU: 1,213
ZombiU: 581
Netflix: 412
BLOPS2: 244
Assassin's Creed III: 178
Scribblenauts Unlimited: 129
Sonic Racing Trans: 119
Little Inferno: 82
Nano Assault: 77
Batman AC: 72
Ninja Gaiden 3: 65
Trine 2: 56
Tekken Tag 2: 44
Hulu Plus: 41
Darksiders II: 35
Epic Mickey 2: 29
Mighty Switch Force: 28
YouTube: 27
Warriors Orochi 3: 24
Amazon Video: 20
Madden 13: 18
Mass Effect 3: 17
Skyladers Giants: 14
Tank! Tank! Tank!: 11
Just Dance 4: 11
Rabbids Land: 10
Sing Party: 6
FIFA13: 6
Chasing Aurora: 4
YourShape 2013: 4
NBA 2K13: 3
Transformers Prime: 3
ESPN Sports Connection: 3
Ben 10 Omniverse: 1
Funky Barn: 0
Game Party Champs: 0
Wipeout 3: 0

i purchased nba 2k13 today so i wouldnt have to go to the store.

Estimated Download time: 99hrs (!!!)

I did a speed test and Im at 20mbps so I dont think thats the problem.

Fox Mulder

Curious, what Nintendo systems have you previously owned? I've got a NES and several GameBoy Colors that still work fine, and all the other Nintendo systems since those that I own are working great too. I'm not sure where people get the idea that these systems will overheat or stop working.

That doesn't matter to me. I'm not spending money on digital content to have it locked to hardware.

Nintendo is wrong and outdated in this, as downloadable services like Live, iOS, and Android tie purchases to a user account that can be freely moved wherever. I want nintendo to change it because the features of the console really benefit having a digital library of games you can pick up and play away from a couch and tv. I actually want to buy full retail games digitally for the thing.

Setre

Here's a list of all the games sizes. I was bored as you can tell.

Nano Assault Neo – 81 MB
Chasing Aurora – 103 MB
Little Inferno – 114 MB
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition – 525 MB
Scribblenaust Unlimited – 1378 MB
ESPN Sports Connection – 1645 MB
Game Party Champions – 1719 MB
New Super Marios Bro.s U – 1733 MB
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 – 1913 MB
Trine 2: Director’s Cut – 1941 MB
Nintendoland – 2852 MB
Madden NFL 13 – 4840 MB
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge – 5443 MB
ZombiU – 5737 MB
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed – 5898 MB
Rabbids Land – 7383 MB
EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13 – 7490 MB
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two – 7522 MB
Darksiders II – 9574 MB
Sing Party – 12 GB
Just Dance 4 – 15 GB
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper – 16 GB
Assassins Creed III – 17 GB

pestul

How do I get club coin for my eshop games? Purchased a game on there and no credit. I did link the accounts after purchasing. Done screwed up or can I still register it?

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
How do I get club coin for my eshop games? Purchased a game on there and no credit. I did link the accounts after purchasing. Done screwed up or can I still register it?

24 hours after purchase

And holy crap, Tekken did take a day to dl. I hope they get this worked out soon. Anyhow, I think I want to sell Nintendoland for a eShop version. I see my family never letting this game go.

Here's a list of all the games sizes. I was bored as you can tell.

Nano Assault Neo – 81 MB
Chasing Aurora – 103 MB
Little Inferno – 114 MB
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition – 525 MB
Scribblenaust Unlimited – 1378 MB
ESPN Sports Connection – 1645 MB
Game Party Champions – 1719 MB
New Super Marios Bro.s U – 1733 MB
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 – 1913 MB
Trine 2: Director’s Cut – 1941 MB
Nintendoland – 2852 MB
Madden NFL 13 – 4840 MB
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge – 5443 MB
ZombiU – 5737 MB
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed – 5898 MB
Rabbids Land – 7383 MB
EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13 – 7490 MB
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two – 7522 MB
Darksiders II – 9574 MB
Sing Party – 12 GB
Just Dance 4 – 15 GB
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper – 16 GB
Assassins Creed III – 17 GB
You can add:

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - 17GB
NBA 3K13 - 20GB

20GB? WTF. I was planning on buying it DD, but I guess not anymore, I'd be downloading it for weeks :(

I bought God of War Saga on black friday, thinking awesome all 5 games on disc in 1 package. Alas I was wrong 2 of them are digital versions. 20 gigs of content for a bought disc game, took me 5+ hours to download and install.

Until faster internet speeds become the norm (come on google fiber) DD is a pain in the ass for games IMHO.

I don't like this trend of pricing digital exactly the same as retail. Should be at least 20% cheaper.

Fully agree with this.

pestul

Still no eshop credit for my Nano Assult Neo purchase after a few days now. Yep, I think linking my eshop account after purchasing screwed me over. :/

Oh well, not a biggie as I plan on buying some more games soon anyway.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Still no eshop credit for my Nano Assult Neo purchase after a few days now. Yep, I think linking my eshop account after purchasing screwed me over. :/

Oh well, not a biggie as I plan on buying some more games soon anyway.

I don't think the digital promotion starts until december, when you become able to log into the website with your NNiD. You go there to see your rebate point total and generate codes to use on the eshop, 3DS eshop, or Wii shopping channel.

The refund doesn't show up automatically in your Wii U eshop wallet as far as I know.

Edit: that is, you can't start getting the rebate points until december. Purchases made from day 1 are supposed to count towards it I thought.

Not even Valve could pull that off outside of the sales. 10% is pretty much the upper limit.
And that's usually just for pre-orders.

But one doesn't excuse the other. Personally I will almost never buy DD because the RRP in Europe are pretty insane, even in the UK. Prices go down quickly too. It's time Nintendo introduces the download cards in the rest of the world too. Let retail have some price wars on those things.

pestul

I don't think the digital promotion starts until december, when you become able to log into the website with your NNiD. You go there to see your rebate point total and generate codes to use on the eshop, 3DS eshop, or Wii shopping channel.

The refund doesn't show up automatically in your Wii U eshop wallet as far as I know.

Edit: that is, you can't start getting the rebate points until december. Purchases made from day 1 are supposed to count towards it I thought.

Whoops, brain farting. I actually meant Club Nintendo coin lol..

I didn't get anything for it or a survey and I bought the game on Friday.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
IGN reviewed Trine 2. Not sure where to post it pals

That investment of time, space and 20 bucks' worth of your money is well worth it, though, because Trine 2 shines on Wii U. The visuals are lavishly detailed, with an organic, living beauty that you can choose to view either on your TV or off – the whole game can be played solely on the GamePad if you choose. A variety of control schemes is implemented for several controller configurations, too, and each has it own appeal – using the GamePad you can conjure the wizard's blocks and platforms into existence using the touch screen. If you use a Wii Remote and Nunchuk instead, though, pointing at objects to levitate them or aim Zoya's arrows becomes easier.

Trine 2's online multiplayer also worked out very well in my time testing it, though, as with any online game, you'll find better results if you coordinate with friends rather than jumping into games with strangers – because, should another player drop out of the session, your adventure is also immediately ended. So if you're looking to tackle Trine 2 as part of a player trio, I'd recommend making a plan to play with a couple of confirmed non-droppers ahead of time.

unnnnnngggg. Four days

Picked up Trine 2, Mighty Switch Force, and Nano Assault:

Trine 2: Absolutely beautiful. In trying to collect the experience orbs, I can already see where making blocks with the Wizard can be annoying, but honestly the game is really enjoyable so far. It's fun switching between the characters, the puzzles can be solved in multiple ways, and the character voices and music are enjoyable. Gamepad integration isn't that great, but you can move the game from TV to GP.

MSF: This game is addicting. I'm up to Incident 5 and I tend not to move on until I make the par time. The graphics are crisp, the puzzles are fun, and the audio is great! Gamepad integration is pretty dumb (a radar), but you can switch the game from TV to GP, so that's cool.

Nano Assault (Stray?) Neo: It's so cool fighting on cells, which sometimes have multiple heights and levels. You have to eliminate enough viruses to open the exit, which you have 30 seconds to get to. I think it has the best Gamepad integration out of the 3, in which you move your satellite guns around and can check out a map.

BD1

Banned
I really do not like the layout of the eShop. The 3DS shop isn't much better, but at least the "shelves" are a little easier to navigate. There is no real flow to it and it's not very intuitive to browse games.

...And seriously, where the hell is the VC and game demos? Hoping there is a tweak relatively soon, because I'm less than impressed at the moment.

Top Bottom