• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2013

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Saw it too.

I'll add it after an official confirmation. :p

Reggie stated in the latest GT.TV episode that they want to ensure a steadier flow of releases and consistend marketing for the Wii U in 2014.

Let's start the guessing (and if they don't delay things):

Jan: ---
Feb.: Donkey Kong Country
Mar.: Mario Kart 8
Apr.: ???
May: ???
Jun.: Bayonetta 2
July: Yoshi's Epic Yarn
Aug.: Monolith's X pleeeease lol
Sep.: ???
Nov.: Super Smash Bros. 4
Dec.: ???

Fire Emblem x SMT?
The new hinted NFC-based game?
Wii Sport Club additional sports

up to now, that's all we can imagine.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Realistic:
Jan: ???
Mar.: Bayonetta 1
Apr.: Bayonetta 2
May: Mario Kart 8
Jun.: Yoshi's Epic Yarn or Fire Emblem x SMT
July: ???
Aug.: ???
Sep.: Monolith's X
Dec.: Yoshi's Epic Yarn or Fire Emblem x SMT

What I hope:

Dec-Jan: Bayo 1
Mar.: Bayonetta 2
Apr.: Mario Kart 8
May: Super Smash Bros. 4
Jun.: Wii Sports Club Box, Golf& Baseball
Aug.: Fire Emblem x SMT
Nov.: Zelda U
Dec.: new Miyamoto IP

D-e-f-

Banned
Supporting dat third party support!

Your order from TheHut.com has been dispatched and will be with you shortly!

Delivery Information:

Quantity | Title | Estimated Delivery Date
1 | Assassin's Creed: Black Flag - Skull Edition - Games Wii U | On or before 3rd December *

prag16

Banned
Realistic:
Jan: ???
Mar.: Bayonetta 1
Apr.: Bayonetta 2
May: Mario Kart 8
Jun.: Yoshi's Epic Yarn or Fire Emblem x SMT
July: ???
Aug.: ???
Dec.: Yoshi's Epic Yarn or Fire Emblem x SMT

What I hope:

Dec-Jan: Bayo 1
Mar.: Bayonetta 2
Apr.: Mario Kart 8
May: Super Smash Bros. 4
Jun.: Wii Sports Club Box, Golf& Baseball
Aug.: Fire Emblem x SMT
Nov.: Zelda U
Dec.: new Miyamoto IP

I think we'll see at least Wii Sports Golf earlier than that. Maybe January.

I'm not sure we can completely count on X, SMTxFE, and Yarn Yoshi all coming out in 2014. I'm sure there will be a couple unannounced things on there too.

If all we get is what's already known, then 2014 isn't THAT much better than 2013 in terms of amount of releases.

D-e-f-

Banned

I'm not sure we can completely count on X, SMTxFE, and Yarn Yoshi all coming out in 2014. I'm sure there will be a couple unannounced things on there too.

If all we get is what's already known, then 2014 isn't THAT much better than 2013 in terms of amount of releases.

X has a clear 2014 window associated with it. SMTxFE and Yoshi don't. The reason everyone is doubtful about X is entirely because of the torture that was the Xenoblade localization shyness. We know this is not happening this time and they're working and concretely banking on localization this time already. It will come out in 2014 unless something crazy unexpected happens.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Actually seeing now that there is a commercial that promotes it I think you are right, should be close enough.

That's why realistically I'm betting on 2 out of 3. X is assumed by Nintendo to be 2014 in their reports.

kitsuneyo

How big a bump will Taiko no Tatsujin give Wii U sales in Japan this week? The last Wii version seemed to be in the chart forever.

I wish they would release it here, since you can probably play it without the drum accessory and just use the GamePad. Although it probably wouldn't be much fun that way. They could still put it on the eShop though.

thx. IMO Monster Movie, Soundtracks, Ege Bamyasi and Delay 1968 are all roughly on the same level of awesomeness, so check them out ;)

Gonna look for them on Spotify now, thanks.

Draconian

Thanks, just to be clear I meant Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes which I found randomly in a used game section.

I know a Marvel game came out recently but I'm more interested by DC and Batman so...

I'm not sure about the Wii U version, but I've played the 360 version. It's very fun and absolutely worth it if you have any kind of affinity for Batman or other DC characters.

Cosmozone

How's Lego City Undercover?
A bit on the easy side like all Lego games, but otherwise great. Good humor throughout the whole story, great voice actors and the game is densely packed and has an epic finale. So much to discover. Some people find the gameplay repetitive, though.

Thores

Some possible Wii U games that aren't officially revealed yet, but may be on the horizon next year:

Pokken Fighters- During a pre-Pokemon XY event this year, we got a very, very brief teaser for a HD looking Pokemon game. Shortly after, internet sleuths dug up trademarks that suggested we could be looking at a fighting game featuring Pokemon characters, that could possibly even be a Tekken spinoff!? Anyway we haven't heard a single thing since then, but now that Pokemon fever's starting to cool down a little bit, maybe a Dec/Jan announcement for a Summer 2014 release would heat things back up.

The Third Sonic Wii U Game- When Sonic Lost World was announced, Sega revealed that it was part of a deal with Nintendo to release three Sonic games that were Wii U exclusives. Sonic Lost World was the first, Mario and Sonic 2014 was the second... but we don't know what the third one is yet. A new Sonic racing game is possible but it releasing the same year as a new Mario Kart doesn't seem like the smartest or most likely decision. It's easy to dream of something crazy like a true Sonic/Mario crossover or Sonic Adventure 3, but my guess is that it's a video game tie-in for Sonic Boom.

Inotti

Can somebody tell me where are all the Wii U's virtual console games? No N64 games? Only handful of NES/SNES titles? What the fuck Nintendo. =_= I would love to play some N64 games on that gamepad but apparently Ninty doesn't want my money.

Zing

Banned
Nintendo: not wanting your money since 2006.

I think every gamer is totally confused as to why Nintendo is having such trouble with their VC. They could literally have their entire catalog for sale and people would buy, but they just don't. I'm not even talking GameCube, which may present some other challenges. There is no apparent reason why the full NES and SNES first-party catalog wasn't made available in the first year.

Who is even buying these games? I feel like it isn't even worth my time if they are going to dribble out one game a month. I'll just play my carts. Hell, they are still peddling new Wii VC instead of Wii U versions. What the hell is going on?

Anyway…

Played Just Dance for a few hours last night. Woke up today and my legs are feeling it. Reminds me of playing DDR. I am only familiar with maybe 8 of the 50+ songs, but it doesn't matter. Scoring doesn't matter much, either. It isn't that stressful sort of "I've got to get this perfect" that I felt with DDR. You just dance and have fun. I actually wish I could physically play it even more, as I enjoy the global play, but I'm getting old and my legs can't take it. This game did come at the perfect time of year, when it is starting to snow and we won't be outside as much. It's a good aerobic workout for my family.

Some possible Wii U games that aren't officially revealed yet, but may be on the horizon next year:

Pokken Fighters- During a pre-Pokemon XY event this year, we got a very, very brief teaser for a HD looking Pokemon game. Shortly after, internet sleuths dug up trademarks that suggested we could be looking at a fighting game featuring Pokemon characters, that could possibly even be a Tekken spinoff!? Anyway we haven't heard a single thing since then, but now that Pokemon fever's starting to cool down a little bit, maybe a Dec/Jan announcement for a Summer 2014 release would heat things back up.

The Third Sonic Wii U Game- When Sonic Lost World was announced, Sega revealed that it was part of a deal with Nintendo to release three Sonic games that were Wii U exclusives. Sonic Lost World was the first, Mario and Sonic 2014 was the second... but we don't know what the third one is yet. A new Sonic racing game is possible but it releasing the same year as a new Mario Kart doesn't seem like the smartest or most likely decision. It's easy to dream of something crazy like a true Sonic/Mario crossover or Sonic Adventure 3, but my guess is that it's a video game tie-in for Sonic Boom.
I totally forgot the third Sonic title, hopefully they'll announce it soon.

- Donkey Kong
- Mario Kart 8
- Sonic Title #3
- Watch Dogs
- Project Cars
- Smash Bros. 4
- Monoliths X
- Bayonetta 2
- Yoshis Yarn

I'll buy all of these, almost one game per month.

It would be nice if Nintendo did a games collaboration with a western Publisher.

And wtf @ Pokken, this is something I've completely missed. ^^

But reading through this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=656147&page=10 it's probably just some concept thing.

But I like the scene
ibselVzcGIp1Ki.gif

maxcriden

For me I'm really only interested in DK and Yarn Yoshi next year out of the announced games. I'm not into racing games, open-world shoot-em'-ups, beat-'em-ups, or JRPGs so that eliminates pretty much all of the other games. So I'm hoping there are some unannounced games coming next year that will be more up my alley, but if not I'm sure I can find plenty to explore in my backlog. I'd like to see Zelda and Kirby for Wii U next year but I can see that 2015 is very possible for those as well.

maxcriden

I wonder if we'll see a Pokemon Snap U next year. Maybe it would be an eShop release. I wonder if they could incorporate the Pokemon NFC figures they've already made into it somehow, like that would put that specific Pokemon somewhere in a level? That could be kind of neat.

Nudull

Banned
Out of the upcoming stuff, I'm excited about Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong, X, and I'm hoping that Pokken and FE x SMT makes it to 2014.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I'm not much of a Pokemon guy yet. I've never played one but intend to buy X in the new year, but that Pokefighter game looks badass if that's actual footage!

DrWong

I made a little graphic for those "lol so now there's finally one worthwhile game on WiiU?" BS posts.

Feel free to use it for the next person clumsily stumbling into that dumb argument.

Nice! I would add: Wii Party U, Wii Sports Club and Wii Fit U in order to cover all the bases.

D-e-f-

Banned
Nice! I would add: Wii Party U, Wii Sports Club and Wii Fit U in order to cover all the bases.

yea I wasn't sure about those but you actually have a point. thing is that I have no clue how good Wii Party U actually is. didn't want to include something I haven't read a barrage of good impressions of at the very least and I haven't followed that one too closely. I also left out a bunch of other possible candidates. It works well with the "and that's not even everything" line you could add to the picture when posting. :p

Zalman

I made a little graphic for those "lol so now there's finally one worthwhile game on WiiU?" BS posts.

Feel free to use it for the next person clumsily stumbling into that dumb argument.
I seriously don't understand why people keep saying that. There's clearly enough good stuff for a year on that list.

AniHawk

i think the only wii u games that were must-haves i didn't get were monster hunter and lego city undercover. i like the lego games though so i might pick that up. right now my collection is:

assassin's creed iv: black flag
batman: arkham origins
the legend of zelda: the wind waker hd
new super luigi u
new super mario bros. u
nintendoland (gift)
pikmin 3
rayman legends
sonic lost world
super mario 3d world
the wonderful 101
zombi u (gift)

so far my only regret has been sonic. i haven't played w101, zombi u, or aciv and batman yet.

at any rate, i feel like i've gotten some good use out of this system so far and i have yet to play my remaining wii games.

I've been a Wii owner for several days and I'm love with the everything about it except the battery life, I NEED THAT UPGRADE battery why hasn't it been released over here? my collection so far is:

Nintendoland
Super Mario 3D World
Pikmin 3
W101
Monster Hunter 3U

All of them are great games except Nintendoland, which is a fine time waster.

Next year I'm definitely getting Donkey Kong, X, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8.

maxcriden

yea I wasn't sure about those but you actually have a point. thing is that I have no clue how good Wii Party U actually is. didn't want to include something I haven't read a barrage of good impressions of at the very least and I haven't followed that one too closely. I also left out a bunch of other possible candidates. It works well with the "and that's not even everything" line you could add to the picture when posting. :p

FWIW, Wii Party U is legitimately solid and good for a Mario Party type of game. Plus, for the time being it comes with a Wiimote +, so for a $10 game it's well worth the purcahse price. If you check the OT it seems like most playing it like it at least as much as I do.

Didn't see a thread for it, but the YouTube update is out. You can watch videos on the Gamepad with it now.

Of course, you're free to continue using the browser!

i think the only wii u games that were must-haves i didn't get were monster hunter and lego city undercover. i like the lego games though so i might pick that up. right now my collection is:

assassin's creed iv: black flag
batman: arkham origins
the legend of zelda: the wind waker hd
new super luigi u
new super mario bros. u
nintendoland (gift)
pikmin 3
rayman legends
sonic lost world
super mario 3d world
the wonderful 101
zombi u (gift)

so far my only regret has been sonic. i haven't played w101, zombi u, or aciv and batman yet.

at any rate, i feel like i've gotten some good use out of this system so far and i have yet to play my remaining wii games.

Do it today! Perfect time of the year for it. Make sure you play it alone and in the dark.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Wind Waker is $30 in my local Best Buy. Should I bite? I never played the original game.

non-brainer if you never played it! It's a great game, and this version makes it even more enjoyable to play! :)

get swift sail asap

Vaiim

I've been a Wii owner for several days and I'm love with the everything about it except the battery life, I NEED THAT UPGRADE battery why hasn't it been released over here?

Stick the charging cradle near to wherever you sit down to play if possible, and any time you go afk, even for a minute, stick it in the cradle. It charges pretty fast, so even a few short charges can add quite a bit to your playtime.

ozfunghi

Wind Waker is $30 in my local Best Buy. Should I bite? I never played the original game.

If you haven't played WW on GCN... you should definitely buy it
and feel ashamed you haven't played it in the 10 years since it released

Seriously though. WW together with Animal Crossing and Paper Mario tTYD, they were the GCN games that always put a smile on my face.

Roo

At that price and owning a wiiu it's a disservice not to grab it.

non-brainer if you never played it! It's a great game, and this version makes it even more enjoyable to play! :)

get swift sail asap
Thanks guys. I'll do it later today. I was saving part of that money for 3D World but I doubt I'll see another sweet deal like this anytime soon :p
Mario will have to wait a little longer heh

If you haven't played WW on GCN... you should definitely buy it
and feel ashamed you haven't played it in the 10 years since it released

Seriously though. WW together with Animal Crossing and Paper Mario tTYD, they were the GCN games that always put a smile on my face.

To be honest, I'm not really into the Legend of Zelda franchise. The only game I finished was Majora's Mask and I played a big part of Twilight Princess but nothing else.
I think this is a great opportunity to jump in so I'll let you know how it goes :p

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I posted this in the "Super Smash Bros 3DS will hurt wii u" thread, but it's better here I guess. There is are some rumoured dates for SSB 4 that link to an April launch.

http://www.examiner.com/article/sup...s-release-date-potentially-posted-by-gamestop

It appears that the proclamation may be the release date for “Super Smash Bros. 4.” GameStop is expecting the crossover fighting game to come out for the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U on April 8, 2014. That particular date falls on a Tuesday, which is typically the day of the week when most new software products are made available at retailers.

Also Zavvi lists the release date for Wii U version as 18th of April 2014 which is a Friday, so it would fit to the usual releases in Europe.

I know that this might be placeholder dates, but maybe where is smoke ...

As it seems:

January: ?!?!?!?? Probably nothing.
February: Donkey Kong
March: Mario Kart
April: Super Smash
May: New Yoshi Game?
June: X

maybe? they said there would be a consistent lineup of games in 2014.

cacildo

As it seems:

January: ?!?!?!?? Probably nothing.
February: Donkey Kong
March: Mario Kart
April: Super Smash
May: New Yoshi Game?
June: X

maybe? they said there would be a consistent lineup of games in 2014.

Nintendo should take this chance to make the "VC month". Prices reduced forever, new releases every 2 days, genesis, gba and (NEW) n64 games

I think its a fantastic idea! Incredible! Smashing! Its never going to happen.

Top Bottom