• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U High-Capacity GamePad battery pack now available in U.S.

Size comparison (with original battery):

AN1Cpc8.jpg

Original battery in Gamepad:

2oMeDzH.jpg

New battery in Gamepad:

RBDORd1.jpg

Loaded Man

Received mine today (ordered immediately when they announced it's availability via Facebook). Installation was fairly painless. The instructions reference an "included screwdriver" that is not included. It's a crosshead style, size 0 in case others wanna make sure they've got one handy.

Adds some weight to the GamePad - but I'll take it being a little heavier to be able to play longer on a charge.

I also received mine yesterday and it did not come with a screwdriver. Luckily, I was able to get one from the office and bring it home. I hope this battery will give me at least 5-6 hrs.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Received mine today (ordered immediately when they announced it's availability via Facebook). Installation was fairly painless. The instructions reference an "included screwdriver" that is not included. It's a crosshead style, size 0 in case others wanna make sure they've got one handy.

Adds some weight to the GamePad - but I'll take it being a little heavier to be able to play longer on a charge.

Yeah I didn't get a screwdriver either. Need to go buy one now or something. Fuck...

bumpkin

I also received mine yesterday and it did not come with a screwdriver. Luckily, I was able to get one from the office and bring it home. I hope this battery will give me at least 5-6 hrs.
I got my order processed confirmation email today from Nintendo's online store. Hopefully they'll ship it with some expedience. I've been chomping at the bit since I ordered it back in late December. I'm looking forward to actually being able to sit down and play games on my Wii U for a decent amount of time w/o needing the charging cable handy.

Top Bottom