• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros 3DS only 19.99 at Fred Meyer

kng3025

Not a bad deal at all. Unfortunately I'm broke. Any idea when the sale ends? If it's for at least a few more days, I should be good.

I'll try to get a price match for this + Alpha Sapphire at Best Buy later today.

I got Alpha Sapphire at Best Buy for 19.99 using their price match for this deal so you should be good. Do it at the customer service desk like I did, just in case.

//ARCANUM

I've never heard of Fred Meyer. And I don't think there are any in Texas (though I could be totally wrong). Will BB still price match even if there are none in the area (or state)?

Cormano

I got Alpha Sapphire at Best Buy for 19.99 using their price match for this deal so you should be good. Do it at the customer service desk like I did, just in case.

Tried my local and Best Buy and Toys R Us, and no dice since we dont have a local FredMeyer.

I've never heard of Fred Meyer. And I don't think there are any in Texas (though I could be totally wrong). Will BB still price match even if there are none in the area (or state)?

Tried my local and Best Buy and Toys R Us, and no dice since we dont have a local FredMeyer.

YMMV but there are no Fred Meyer stores in my state but our Best Buy still honored price match for the 19.99 deal just because Fred Meyer is listed in their computer system as one of the many stores they price match. Might want to try someone else there at the cust svc desk and politely insist they check.

D-VoN

"At the time of sale, we price match all local retail competitors (including their online prices) and we price match products shipped from and sold by these major online retailers: Amazon.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, HP.com, Newegg.com, and TigerDirect.com."

So no...

"At the time of sale, we price match all local retail competitors (including their online prices) and we price match products shipped from and sold by these major online retailers: Amazon.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, HP.com, Newegg.com, and TigerDirect.com."

So no...

As I mentioned in my previous post, my Best Buy's customer service desk actually found Fred Myer listed in their computers as a store they price match and others besides me have gotten the 19.99 deal. I didn't even have to quibble, I showed them the deal on the Fred Meyer website on my phone, the girl then looked at her conputer and said, "Let me check first, OK yep, there they are" and *boom* got my copy of Sapphire for only 19.99. So it's not "no.." It's YMMV = your mileage may vary and it all depends on the competence of the rep you speak with.

Dang, I already own it. I was hoping that other Nintendo titles would have a discount too, but no luck.

I'd love to pick up Mario Kart 7 or a Wii U game or two for 1/2 off.

Dang, I already own it. I was hoping that other Nintendo titles would have a discount too, but no luck.

I already owned Smash too but I personally took advantage of the deal for Pokemon Alpha Sapphire which along with Omega Ruby are also 19.99 each, just an FYI.

//ARCANUM

So no...

I went to a nearby best buy today and sure enough they price matched it. There's no Fred Meyer's in all of Texas (where I'm at) and they still gave me the match!

Fred Meyer is a Supermarket chain owned by Kroger and only has stores in the pacific northwest + Alaska. I'm surprised they're doing this sale though since they've had problems already keeping Smash Bros in stock.

//ARCANUM

Fred Meyer is a Supermarket chain owned by Kroger and only has stores in the pacific northwest + Alaska. I'm surprised they're doing this sale though since they've had problems already keeping Smash Bros in stock.

makes me wonder sometimes if companies like this and K-Mart do these insane sales on purpose for in store only (and then have no stock in store) just so they can screw over other companies who price match them. Ultimate trolling if so lol.

ZOONAMI

Just got best buy to price match even though no Fred meyer in MN. Used two reward certs too, alpha sapphire for $10!

I already owned Smash too but I personally took advantage of the deal for Pokemon Alpha Sapphire which along with Omega Ruby are still also 19.99 each, just an FYI.

breakfuss

Yeah, BBY will likely pricemmatch even if the competitor isn't nearby. They've always been lax about it when I've asked but YMMV. Still not sure I want to play SSB on 3DS though, even at this price.

Thanks for this Op. We don't have a Fred Meyers but I still got it. I know CS at my local BB pretty well but it was iffy because that store was not listed in their policy they checked. I asked they ring it up and look in the drop down menu since I had seen many do it on gaming forums. She was kind enough to do so and sure enough it was there. Probably helped I had my cute 8 yr old with me holding 40 bucks and the copies of Sapphire and Smash. I have no shame ha

Unfortunate that the Smash soundtrack offer was over but I can't complain for walking out with those 2 games for $41.04!

Thanks again!

Josh5890

Well the CD deal is dead but Mewtwo is still available until the end of March if you register both versions on Club Nintendo.

I have a friend who works at Fred Meyer, so I told her this afternoon to grab me a copy of Smash Bros. Some lady apparently came in yesterday and bought up all the copies. I hate people.

Couple things - this works at Best Buy, even if there isn't a local store for Fred Meyer. The customer representative I spoke with specifically mentioned FredMeyer.Com as a price-match option.

Second thing - Toys R Us also specifically price-matches Fred Meyer. Check out the verbiage on this page:

We will match prices from selected online competitor websites, including Walmart.com, Target.com, BestBuy.com, Sears.com, Kmart.com, buybuyBaby.com, Meijer.com, FredMeyer.com, diapers.com, BabyDepot.com, LEGO.com and Amazon.com (not including marketplace pricing).

http://m.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11949070

Pretty cut and dry there. If they argue with you, just show them this page.

Either way, hope you're able to enjoy the savings. These are fantastic prices for Nintendo first-party games, and knowing where these places stands regarding price-matching is advantageous if you still want the games.

Would not get it even for free.
If I was not a person who never sold their games, not even how bad hey are, I would have sold it eons ago. That shit even broke my 3DS pad. Smash is not an experience suited for portable, and the worst thing, it hurt the wiiU version at the end of the day.
I know a lot of people that have done the metwo and soundtrack thing, and have sold it already, keeping only the WiiU one.

Just my two cents for people who have the wiiU version and where in the fence of buying the 3DS one. That or buy it at that price, do tthe mewtwo thing and then sell it again.

Would not get it even for free.
If I was not a person who never sold their games, not even how bad hey are, I would have sold it eons ago. That shit even broke my 3DS pad. Smash is not an experience suited for portable, and the worst thing, it hurt the wiiU version at the end of the day.
I know a lot of people that have done the metwo and soundtrack thing, and have sold it already, keeping only the WiiU one.
While it may not compare to its console iteration, I've been enjoying it for hundreds of hours since it came out with little issue. Then again, my 3DS doesn't seem to have any sort of flaw that would cause it to break so easily, so it would probably depend on the system.

Top Bottom